Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryinCA View Post
How can I watch the game? it was blacked out and I'm not going to search online to watch a game that was lost. I just saw the replay on inside the NFL and to me it looks like he was right at the spot, people here making it sound like he was easily short are once again exaggerating and crying about the refs. They didn't score on that play, they didn't win the game on that play so people can cry all they want but the bottom line is this team had chances to win the game after that and didn't. I want to see a thread where people thank the refs for the holding calls they miss against our O line, when they don't call offensive PI when our WR's push off, when we get a favorable spot but you know what? that'll never happen because people only want to play the victim instead of realizing that calls go both ways for both teams during the course of the game and during the course of a season.
Pretty much what your post is, just pro-Raven/anti-Charger...but to each.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
Pretty much what your post is, just pro-Raven/anti-Charger...but to each.
Nope just pointing out how funny it is to watch people constantly week after week cry about the officiating like it's some big conspiracy against the chargers and it's actually silly you'd even say what you did in response but as you said "to each". That whole thought process is a joke, do refs make mistakes? absolutely they do, you know what? they also make just as many in our favor but nobody notices those because they want/expect everything to go the way of the team they are cheering for.

As far as that play for Rice the angle I saw looked like where his body came down when he was tackled was pretty much right on where they spotted it, that yellow line in the pic that's being used in this thread also looks like it's not in the right spot either. I'm not going to say if he was down or not for sure, but I just find it funny that people keep wanting to pretend the refs only screw the chargers and never our opponents.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Meanwhile, Ndamukong Suh was fined, Jared Allen was fined, and Anquan Boldon was praised for a hit more obviously illegal than the hit for which Golden Tate was fined in Week 2.
The NFL is rigged.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Nope just pointing out how funny it is to watch people constantly week after week cry about the officiating like it's some big conspiracy against the chargers and it's actually silly you'd even say what you did in response but as you said "to each". That whole thought process is a joke, do refs make mistakes? absolutely they do, you know what? they also make just as many in our favor but nobody notices those because they want/expect everything to go the way of the team they are cheering for.

As far as that play for Rice the angle I saw looked like where his body came down when he was tackled was pretty much right on where they spotted it, that yellow line in the pic that's being used in this thread also looks like it's not in the right spot either. I'm not going to say if he was down or not for sure, but I just find it funny that people keep wanting to pretend the refs only screw the chargers and never our opponents.
The last sketchy call in favor of the chargers in a late game situation that I can remember that wasn't a judgement call (pi, holding) was the 2007 game against the titans when chambers caught a 4th and 10 pass where it looked like he didn't have control but CBS didn't show a better angle of the play. I have no clue what the refs looked at under the hood.

Can you think of any?

-Mario Lopez
Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
just fyi, this is the same crew (at least the same head ref) who butchered a 2008 game against indy.

in that game 4th quarter, first play indy has it 3rd and 3 up 17-10. Cromartie gets called for PI, madden says its ticky tack.
the following 3rd down is 3rd and 7. Late flag. Cooper gets called for PI (he isnt covering anyone). The announcers try to assign blame on Hart, but Hart did not interfere with the play.
2 plays later, gonzalez catches the ball, turns to run, gets hit and loses the ball. Refs blow whistle for incomplete pass (unreviewable).

Indy gets a FG.

down 20-17 with 2 minutes left 2nd and 10 inside the indy 40, we get called for a phantom false start on dielman taking us out of FG range.

3rd and 15, complete a pass to Manumaleuna, for 14 yards, refs move the ball back and disallow norvs request for a measurement.

4th and 2 we kick a fg to tie the game.

Ensuing drive, 3rd and 5, harrison catches a ball thats a yard short of the first down. despite the ball looking short of the "unofficial yellow line" head ref signals first down. Gets buzzed. Review spot. Looks to be short, ref actually moves the ball up a little bit, but its short by 2 chain links. While refs discuss things Manning heads up to the line and waits for the clock to wind. Ref moves out of the way, clock doesnt start for a good 3 seconds, manning snaps the ball, they pass and the ref picks Jammer out of the play leaving Harrison wide open for a completion and a first down in FG range.

Colts call timeout at 14 seconds, clock gets reset to 16 seconds, colts run a running play to get a little closer and spike the ball with (magically) 2 seconds left. Vinitieri kicks the game winning FG.

same refs.
Dayyuummm!!!

That's good work, assuming it's accurate (no reason to believe it's not, just saying).

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Norv is taking responsibility for his part in the entire loss, something I admire in a leader (and what many here say Norv doesn't do). He wasn't taking 100% blame for the failure of the defense on 4th and 29.

Here's a quote from Ray Rice after the game (paraphrased)"...I saw they'd have to flip their hips so I cut back". Like I said fundamental breakdown. Right, let's blame Norv for his defensive players not playing fundamental, from the PeeWee league, football on that play.

I'd sure like to work for you as manager. After your posts I have to assume that you would take the blame for all of my mistakes, even the most fundamental ones.

EDIT: Clarity
What exactly does that mean?

When you take responsability for something that fails, it means there should be consequences.

I would take the blame for wins and losses. If you werent up to snuff, then I wouldnt have you playing on my team. Flat out.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORjr. View Post
What exactly does that mean?

When you take responsability for something that fails, it means there should be consequences.

I would take the blame for wins and losses. If you werent up to snuff, then I wouldnt have you playing on my team. Flat out.
If you're getting blamed for wins, something's wrong.

Move Norv to shortstop!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
People see what they want to see, I guess...

I'm not sure. He's knees might be down. Then again, maybe they are just barely off the turf and, with 2 defenders on his back, Rice managed to glide an extra yard before coming down.

Last edited by Asimov; 11-29-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Old 11-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
How can I watch the game? it was blacked out and I'm not going to search online to watch a game that was lost. I just saw the replay on inside the NFL and to me it looks like he was right at the spot, people here making it sound like he was easily short are once again exaggerating and crying about the refs.
So how many times did you seet it Jer? Once? LOL. You've got guys here that broke it down frame by frame but you trust your seeing it at full speed over their study. Typical nonsense.
Quote:
They didn't score on that play, they didn't win the game on that play so people can cry all they want but the bottom line is this team had chances to win the game after that and didn't.
Utterly ridiculous comment.
Quote:
I want to see a thread where people thank the refs for the holding calls they miss against our O line, when they don't call offensive PI when our WR's push off, when we get a favorable spot but you know what? that'll never happen because people only want to play the victim instead of realizing that calls go both ways for both teams during the course of the game and during the course of a season.
Who's complaining about the refs missing those kinds of calls when other teams get those benifits here? No one. The subject here is one call that would have effectively ended the game. It's a subject apart from other types of missed calls whoever benefits.

Thing is Jer, if you were consistant that would be one thing. You aren't though. You chastise people here when they complain about bad breaks then don't give the Chargers credit for their accomplishments when they are the beneficiary of good breaks. You can't have it both ways..

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Nope
Yep. It's obvious to all.
Quote:
... just pointing out how funny it is to watch people constantly week after week cry about the officiating like it's some big conspiracy against the chargers and it's actually silly you'd even say what you did in response but as you said "to each".
Nope. You are also railing about this specific call. Teh other stuff is irrelevent to our discussion on this one call.
Quote:
That whole thought process is a joke, do refs make mistakes? absolutely they do, you know what? they also make just as many in our favor but nobody notices those because they want/expect everything to go the way of the team they are cheering for.
Ridiculous generalisations.

Quote:
As far as that play for Rice the angle I saw looked like where his body came down when he was tackled was pretty much right on where they spotted it, that yellow line in the pic that's being used in this thread also looks like it's not in the right spot either.
Forget the yellow line then. You must not have seen the measurement of the ball at the 33.5 yard line. And here you're trying to say your viewing of it is more accurate than someone who broke it down frame by frame and posted his results here. Right. Ridiculous.
Quote:
I'm not going to say if he was down or not for sure, but I just find it funny that people keep wanting to pretend the refs only screw the chargers and never our opponents.
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall a single poster here that has said the refs "only screw the Chargers". If you can find any they are in the miniscule minority.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson