Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Fantasy Football
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Default Should Rivers sit?

I like NFL.com cause it's honest about our team, and I've been thinking about them sitting Rivers, and believe me, I'm a big fan of his, but I don't want him injured, plus with the way this team has been playing, maybe a change with Charlie starting will help. It's a home game, even though I'm sure it won't be crowded, and while Cincy has been playing well, they can still be beat. The season is pretty much done, so it wouldn't matter anyway, but like I said, I don't want Rivers hurt, and a change might be good. Do you guys trust Charlie enough?

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/s...Email.NL.13.SD

Quarterbacks - Sit of the week

Philip Rivers vs. Cincinnati Bengals: If we have learned anything about Rivers this season, it's that you can't trust him to post good totals. In fact, he's posted fewer than 15 fantasy points in five of his last six games. The Bengals have allowed the ninth-fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks overall, so the matchup isn't good for Rivers either.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM
BHC Secretary of State

Cool

in b4 moved to fantasy football talk
Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxchargersfan View Post
I like NFL.com cause it's honest about our team, and I've been thinking about them sitting Rivers, and believe me, I'm a big fan of his, but I don't want him injured, plus with the way this team has been playing, maybe a change with Charlie starting will help. It's a home game, even though I'm sure it won't be crowded, and while Cincy has been playing well, they can still be beat. The season is pretty much done, so it wouldn't matter anyway, but like I said, I don't want Rivers hurt, and a change might be good. Do you guys trust Charlie enough?

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/s...Email.NL.13.SD

Quarterbacks - Sit of the week

Philip Rivers vs. Cincinnati Bengals: If we have learned anything about Rivers this season, it's that you can't trust him to post good totals. In fact, he's posted fewer than 15 fantasy points in five of his last six games. The Bengals have allowed the ninth-fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks overall, so the matchup isn't good for Rivers either.
Umm you know they are talking about setting him on your fantasy team right, Not in the actual game?

With Byron Jerideau being able to lift 500+ pounds could he Chokeslam two O-line men?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Boo first. Think later.

Good effort though, good effort!!!

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau

"Where as I was not incorrect, they did not mean what I thought they had meant." -Charlie Sanders

Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Hall of Famer

lol, Actually no I didn't, not into fantasy ball, but I still think it's related to whats going on, so we can still ask the question.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Next man up

Fantasy Football: I don't play it... I don't have the tie to devote to being as good as I would want to be at it... but Rivers should sit because he isn't going to do much.

NFL football: Whitehurst isn't a better option... if there was enough seen in practice to say he should be playing over Rivers he would be.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Hall of Famer

When I was referring nfl.com I was also reading this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...Email.NL.13.SD
Old 11-29-2012, 11:32 AM
I hate my Username

If you own Rivers in fantasy your season is probably over already.

And I was firmly on the "sit Rivers" bandwagon earlier this season, but eh. Whitehurst is just a backup. If he were a young up-and-comer I'd endorse having him come in to push Rivers.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Bolted @ Birth

Our backup QB is not the next Kaepernick (sp?).
Old 11-29-2012, 06:53 PM
RIP Seau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
If you own Rivers in fantasy your season is probably over already.

And I was firmly on the "sit Rivers" bandwagon earlier this season, but eh. Whitehurst is just a backup. If he were a young up-and-comer I'd endorse having him come in to push Rivers.
I had him in fantasy. But I also drafted McCoy, Charles, Peterson, Megatron, Reggie Wayne, Jimmy Graham, Frank Gore, Steve Johnson. All from the 3rd draft ranking. But now I have Dalton who puts up old Rivers stats. First place and wrecking every team in my league. I suggest anyone pick up Dalton or Kaepernick.