Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by udgnim View Post
whether Norv has lot the locker room or not, I don't think he is good enough to get the best out of his players
Does 8-8 tell you this ? How about another 8-8 ? How about a losing record ? How about 3 straight years of no playoffs ? Superbowl caliber teams that have not made it ?

That's what it tells me alright.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Does 8-8 tell you this ? How about another 8-8 ? How about a losing record ? How about 3 straight years of no playoffs ? Superbowl caliber teams that have not made it ?

That's what it tells me alright.
Thank you sir. May I have another?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:50 AM

Who cares really? I don't even consider Norv the coach of the Chargers any more.

Dead man walking...he and everybody else know it.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
No man is without faults ChargerTom and LT is no exception.

But in Norv's first year when the team was struggling at 5-5 and Norv didn't have the locker room it was LT who pulled the team together with the resulting winning streak and deepest playoff run since the Boss Ross Super Bowl team.

I remember Gates and Philip saying the mood was lighter in the locker room after LT left. Wonder if that was because nobody was demanding more out of the team? We see the results.

I don't credit Philip and the others for sticking up for Norv at the end of last season. That was a mistake in judgment.
Not only that but I'd have to say Rivers should be the last one talking about leadership or "the mood" as much as I like Rivers he seems pretty useless in that regard. We've seen him stand there and argue with the refs when we are trying to come back from behind with time running off of the clock among other things. Honestly at times he just seems a lot like a kid out there who's never grown up.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:27 AM
RIP Seau

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryinCA View Post
LT said it best, look at the teams performance that speaks volumes.
Well it amazes me how after every halftime, the offense seems to get easily shutdown by opposing defenses. Tells you a little about Norv right there and the adjustments he makes.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Hall of Famer

IMO you all are missing the reason of blame for this so called locker room lost.I think the players do respect and beleive in Norv but what glooms over everyones heads is AJ Smith and Spanos.This is where the team has been lost.The inability of a owner to be totally committed to their own convictions and a GM that has mismanaged player's contracts and failed to bring in quality players to replace quality players.This mess starts at the top!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Bolted @ Birth

Well golly gee , what was your first clue?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryinCA View Post
Do you really think if this team was fighting/trying that hard they'd be doing as poorly as they are now? there should be enough decent players to at least score a touch down in against the Browns or this defense everyone keeps praising should at least be able to stop teams from coming back and beating us even when we have leads. Don't get me wrong I know a few scores have come from punt blocks or pick 6's but still there just is something missing besides the lack of depth.

Jerry! Think! We were WINNING the game. We needed one play (4th 29). We would not have been that close against Baltimore if he lost the locker room.

It's not like we got blown out for not trying.