Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > So you think you're funny?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolbolts View Post
No team ever in the nfl has been perfect.
The '72 Dolphins would like to have a word with you.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tee View Post
Michael Turner was a big loss for us? I am glad he got paid but he was a total choker in the AFCCC.

Sproles was a loss and that is 1000% on AJ and Ed.

KD was the man, but TG is not a 180-degree swing. He doesn't have Kris's intensity but very few do. He has played well in his absence.

MM was the man for years. Very great consistent player for us. But Big Mc was burned on occasion too. Now that its been awhile he gets a free pass at times. Gaither when healthy has done just as well. And Harris... Well, what is the point when so many have already made up their mind.

Jackson? We were not about to offer him what Tampa did. Meachem has already been written off as a bum. I am surprised he didn't get cut so we could bring back Tutu. My guess is Meachem ends up with closer go Jackson's SD production than VJ does in Tampa. But no matter what, nobody will be happy.

Green can't even sniff Dielman's feet. So don't even try that.

And McNeil has been a pro bowler unlike Gaither who supposedly has major work ethic and durability issues.

And Meachem hasn't been written off as a bum. He has played like a bum in the pre season. And if you don't think so, then take off them shades and watch some film again. But I completely understand that this is indeed pre season and they need to develop chemistry together. And it could just be me, but I did not feel like they developed any chemistry in pre season. The only hope is that they were much better in practice and hopefully that will start showing up once the reg season starts. I don't think Meachem is a bad player overall. But I do think he's played bad in pre season. Bite me.

Also, you are not understanding the case with Jackson man. Of course Jackson will not come close to his SD production in TB. Hell, I would be amazed if VJ even put up 1,000 yards receiving this season. But I also HIGHLY doubt that if Calvin Johnson (the best WR in football) was put on TB, he would come even close to his production in Detroit.

What's the reason behind it?

Better QBs and better offensive systems.

Now, Meachem does not have that excuse. He's coming from a good QB and good offensive system to another team with a good QB and a good offensive system. While Jackson will be recieving passes from a mediocre QB, Meachem will be doing the same thing from an All Pro QB. Meachem WILL BE EXPECTED to have a 1,000 yards season. He's the #1 WR, playing in a system that is very pass friendly and also playing with a pro bowl QB. It doesn't get much better than that.

In most cases, no matter how great a WR is, if the QB sucks then so will the WR. Randy Moss is a great example of this.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
When Jackson left. It opened up more money to plug some holes, and sign more freeagents. This has been discussed thoroughly. Has Jackson done anything. Not yet. The season hasn't started, yet there's still complaining. That's my point. Members here can use hindsight, and play that game.

I'm happy to see some positives that you posted. El Rey is pleased.
Oh so your saying until Jackson left, the Chargers had NO $$?

So your telling me that the cheap $$ tender he signed was taking up all the cap room? And then his rookie contract before that handicapped us from going other FAs?

Interesting.

And fine, season hasn't started yet, you do have a point there. But once it does and if everything that we've been saying comes true, would that mean that you admit your wrong and next off season when someone does the same thing as me and others have, you will just sit and nod your head? Or will you then again try to teach us how we are just pessimistic people and that the new season will be completely different and we will lead the league in offense, defense and STs?
Old 09-07-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Boltfan View Post
Thank you, sir

Wait - permanent vacay?
Well, if I remember correctly, last year it was Super Bowl or bust. Taking a permanent vacation to Cabo if we didn't win it all is what I remember reading

Lets get em' this year
Old 12-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Boltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tee View Post
I have read so many posts over the past few weeks, and have finally seen the light.
WHOA?!?! Coulda used you last week for the powerball #'s

Last edited by chargertom; 12-02-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Old 12-28-2012, 12:58 AM

Lol this thread is too funny.