Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Smack Shack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where will Oakland finish in the division?
Division Champs! 5 5.10%
Second place 6 6.12%
Third place 23 23.47%
The Basement 64 65.31%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Raiders are huge in the Hispanic community, which is, I believe is the largest ethnic group in L.A., if you combine Mexicans, Guatemalans, El Salvadoreans, etc. Raiders gear is popular among Hispanics, plain and simple, whether they're in a gang or not. It's more of a cultural thing than anything. I think the Raiders image is that of a "bad boy" who doesn't mind getting into a bit of trouble now and then, and that is appealing to a lot of the people in that group. Not all, but quite a few. I know a lot of great people, whether Hispanic or not, who are Raider fans, who are not troublemakers. On the other hand, I know a few who are. Now, having said that, are there also Raider fans among Whites, Blacks and Asians? Yes, but not nearly as many, percentage-wise, as in the Hispanic community.

Last edited by topcat4477; 12-03-2012 at 04:57 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM
RIP #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8TheRaiders06 View Post
years, 20 years ago? also, I thought, doesn't L.A., SoCal and the Bay Area, have a rivalry, hatred of eachother? plus, how come L.A. did not feel betrayed when the Raiders left L.A. and moved back to Oakland at the end of the 1994 season?

Just asking because whenever the Chargers host the Raiders in San Diego, majority of the Raider fans there come from L.A., and hate having to deal with them, overall, why do people in L.A. still see, view the Raiders as L.A.'s team eventhough they are not there anymore? the Raiders were only in L.A. for 13 years? Plus, this gives me fears, scares me that the Raiders might move back to L.A., which I hope not
Because that is where all the "gangsta's" are

Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM
IH8TheRaiders06

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Raiders are huge in the Hispanic community, which is, I believe is the largest ethnic group in L.A., if you combine Mexicans, Guatemalans, El Salvadoreans, etc. Raiders gear is popular among Hispanics, plain and simple, whether they're in a gang or not. It's more of a cultural thing than anything. I think the Raiders image is that of a "bad boy" who doesn't mind getting into a bit of trouble now and then, and that is appealing to a lot of the people in that group. Not all, but quite a few. Now, having said that, are there also Raider fans among Whites, Blacks and Asians? Yes, but not nearly as many, percentage-wise, as in the Hispanic community.
yeah, i would say mainly the Raiders and the Cowboys are 2 main NFL teams that are the most popular among hispanics
Old 12-03-2012, 05:10 PM
IH8TheRaiders06

and what are the odds that the Raiders are staying put in Oakland, the Bay Area?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
IH8TheRaiders06

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWDOGG View Post
Because that is where all the "gangsta's" are
which is why i hope they never return to L.A.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 PM
DVBenz

There were a lot of Raiders fans in Socal long before they moved to LA. The Super Bowls helped but mostly its just a gang fashion/ trying to look tough thing. These are not season ticket buying fans that can support a team.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:33 PM
IH8TheRaiders06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVBenz View Post
There were a lot of Raiders fans in Socal long before they moved to LA. The Super Bowls helped but mostly its just a gang fashion/ trying to look tough thing. These are not season ticket buying fans that can support a team.
the NFL should seriously black out Raider games on TV, the fans don't deserve to put up with that garbage they have been for the past decade
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Hall of Famer

If the Davis family decide to change the jersey color scheme I bet most of the Raiders fan would jump off the Raiders bandwagon.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTMvP61nizine View Post
If the Davis family decide to change the jersey color scheme I bet most of the Raiders fan would jump off the Raiders bandwagon.
They should make it pink...

Seriously though, my Raiders fan friend makes fun of our powder blue all the time. Their colors and logo get them a lot of followers (or at least idiots that wear their gear).
Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3706 View Post
Come on, you know the answer to that question. It simply has to do with the colors the Raiders wear. It isn't cool to wear powder blue.
They are not man enough to pull off the Powder Blue gear look...