Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Just like Prometheus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
Don't worry ddbad, I've already filed the appeal. Expect it to be denied, but then we have the appeal to the appeal.

You shall have your tin badge of tyranny yet.
Ha ha, it's a deal. You have to admit though, it would be pretty bad ass if you were truly the mod squad's O'Brien. This whole place would instantly shoot up so many notches in my book that I'd beg to help you police it. I'd even play the role of bad cop with gusto, freeing up the current enforcers to bask in the love of the masses...

"Well, if it were up to me, you could certainly call the fellow a ************ and tell him to **** *** ******, but that heartless DDMALO would never allow it. Merciful Lord, his very name spells bad! Oh, how I long for the halcyon days when we were free. Before the dark times. Before the empire. But I've said too much already; I have a family to think about!"
If your wit's not legit, I'd advise you not to dare us.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDMALO View Post
Ha ha, it's a deal. You have to admit though, it would be pretty bad ass if you were truly the mod squad's O'Brien. This whole place would instantly shoot up so many notches in my book that I'd beg to help you police it. I'd even play the role of bad cop with gusto, freeing up the current enforcers to bask in the love of the masses...

"Well, if it were up to me, you could certainly call the fellow a ************ and tell him to **** *** ******, but that heartless DDMALO would never allow it. Merciful Lord, his very name spells bad! Oh, how I long for the halcyon days when we were free. Before the dark times. Before the empire. But I've said too much already; I have a family to think about!"
Cmon Malo. I'm the only one here to have alters!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:08 AM
Just like Prometheus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
No, Malo. There is no "muted" layer of irony. There are actually multiple layers of obvious irony (seems like an oxymoron, but this subject matter has revealed that it is not).

It actually would be better characterized as "tragedy" than "irony" -- if the stakes were not exceedingly small. Nevertheless, and in all seriousness, this is hard to watch.

IF you're serious, that is.

You've got to figure this out for yourself, and you'll be the better for it if you do. Start with your AVI -- and think about what . . . . . . . .. .
(sigh) And here I was about to warn you that your sparkling understanding of the true nature of the Charger beast was about to land you in the trunk of a Ford Falcon for a blindfolded appointment with an experienced torturer. That Einstein quote is dynamite, my friend. Now, I guess I'll let them have you.

You're right about the stakes, though. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're not privy to enough of the story's minutiae to truly be in a position to pass judgment. As for the proceedings being painful, who the hell is watching what takes place in the dungeon thread!? I can't recall having once dusted it off over the first seven years of my CMB existence! The only folks down here are the jailers and the clinkwarmers (oh, and apparently Freak). This is off-off-off-off-Broadway, man. We're talking Hackensack dinner theater. There are dozens of other channels for your viewing pleasure, though.

Yeah, I looked at Prometheus again. He's still as relevant as ever. So what do I owe you for the analysis? Speaking of irony though, I explained perfectly well why I use "fancy, flowery, chocolaty, pink poodle with a dance belt" words in an earlier post. When you responded with examples of truly pretentious, pedantic, thesaurusmonger's wet dream material, I said: "Yeah, words as insufferable as those are exactly what I'm accused of using. Problem is I don't." From my tree, it was at that point that we fell through the rabbit hole. If you think you possess some priceless bit of wisdom that I'm missing out on though, go ahead and relish it. Consider me beyond redemption. I'll be OK.

As for whether or not I'm serious, all I can say is Yo. I'm a writer. It doesn't matter to me where or what I'm writing. I write papers, poems, songs, letters: hell, I even dabble in books. It's all exercise and I always feel that I have something to say, or else I don't. My definitions of fair play, relevance, and taste undoubtedly differ from those of other people, and there are multiple sides to every story. Doesn't mean I won't make my case whenever I feel compelled, though. Can you dig it?

Old 12-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Just like Prometheus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
Cmon Malo. I'm the only one here to have alters!!!
I don't know, man. If Pac comes clean, I may be gunning to replace one of you newbies. The odds are even more ridiculously stacked against me unseating one of the entrenched old guard commissars... Not to toot my own horn, but I'd make a murderous whale of a secret policeman. Think Beria's big brother on acid!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Rocking mullets and cut-offs at a wedding is a custom!?!? G'day, Freak. Good on ya, sport. I never realized you were Australian until now...
It recurs regionally, so then it is a custom in that area. Just because it doen't happen where you are doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It's a big world out there MALO !

(Cursed MALO and his big fancy talk that poor ol Freak can't understand. Oh, someday I'll read a dictionary, and he'll see that fine day, believe you me !!)

Last edited by Chargerfreak; 12-05-2012 at 03:27 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

lolwut?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
ElGallo

Quick question. I am noticing that when I try to click on any of the options on the "drop down bar" on peoples' usernames(such as send an email, send a PM, etc.), nothing happens when I click on it. Is this an issue with the forum or is there something wrong with my browser?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGallo View Post
Quick question. I am noticing that when I try to click on any of the options on the "drop down bar" on peoples' usernames(such as send an email, send a PM, etc.), nothing happens when I click on it. Is this an issue with the forum or is there something wrong with my browser?
On the bottom left of the main page. There's a icon you can change to url jet style. That should do the trick.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 PM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
(sigh) And here I was about to warn you that your sparkling understanding of the true nature of the Charger beast was about to land you in the trunk of a Ford Falcon for a blindfolded appointment with an experienced torturer. That Einstein quote is dynamite, my friend. Now, I guess I'll let them have you.
Okay, you seem to be earnest. So I'll give you the key -- the chains in your avatar are your own. Whether you were chained originally, or if perchance your Heracles has happened upon you -- you can freely get off the rock! I am living testament that you may, indeed, speak the truth -- without need of having your innards gorged upon.

Now that you know the key, the question is: what is it you truly want?

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Just like Prometheus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Okay, you seem to be earnest. So I'll give you the key -- the chains in your avatar are your own. Whether you were chained originally, or if perchance your Heracles has happened upon you -- you can freely get off the rock! I am living testament that you may, indeed, speak the truth -- without need of having your innards gorged upon.

Now that you know the key, the question is: what is it you truly want?