Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
This is true. That's why I said "with our emerging defense." I think our Def is only going to get better, and hope it will even be a powerhouse. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind at all having a really good game manager QB, who makes limited mistakes, run a more conservative offense. And Smith does do that very, very well.
No offense, but this is really silly.

No team wants to field a good game manger, your simply putting more pressure on your defense. On top of that you are going to face some high powered offenses like New England or Denver, and your QB is going to have to make tougher throws.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:25 PM
All-Pro

Smith rode a great oline, great running game and great defense and still played poorly during the season. If he didnt have such a good oline, his sacks would be much higher, as he doesn't throw the ball quickly and never throws it away, leading to sacks and fieldgoals/punts, part of the reason akers had an nfl record for most fgs in a game.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game3524 View Post
No offense, but this is really silly.

No team wants to field a good game manger, your simply putting more pressure on your defense. On top of that you are going to face some high powered offenses like New England or Denver, and your QB is going to have to make tougher throws.
No offense, but it is really silly to have a powerhouse defense but play an offense that continually gives the ball over to the other team, so that your defense is constantly on the field. Maintaining possession puts LESS pressure on your defense, not more. Turning it over consistently is what puts pressure on your defense. You know, like Rivers. Look at the numbers on the other threads.

Look at the 49'ers last year. Except for a couple of fluke plays in the NFC CG, they are SB champs. With a game manager offense.

Again, no offense. But your post is really silly.

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 12-04-2012, 01:22 AM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-jaxdabeast View Post
Smith rode a great oline, great running game and great defense and still played poorly during the season. If he didnt have such a good oline, his sacks would be much higher, as he doesn't throw the ball quickly and never throws it away, leading to sacks and fieldgoals/punts, part of the reason akers had an nfl record for most fgs in a game.
WHOAHHHHHHHH, BIG FELLA --- He played poorly??!! Do I really have to put up the stats to show that this is complete, utter, nonsense? Like the one that says he is the 2d best quarterback rating in the NFl?

Really?

Is that really necessary?

Old 12-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
WHOAHHHHHHHH, BIG FELLA --- He played poorly??!! Do I really have to put up the stats to show that this is complete, utter, nonsense? Like the one that says he is the 2d best quarterback rating in the NFl?

Really?

Is that really necessary?
I don't care what his QB rating is. He hardly makes the throws that Brady/Manning make and he himself can't make those throws. QBs that are actually good and have that rating means they wont get benched.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I'd trade Whitehurst, and take Smith in a second.
Dont you guys think hes going to insist on starting? Hes gonna go to a team that needs a 1st string QB. I hope most of you arent saying that he should replace PR!? I just hope that the organization and the new head coach realizes that PR ISthe answer for this team. He just needs a line that is worth a damn and a real weapon or two. Look at the "successful" QB's in this league. They all have great O-lines. Coincidence??? I think not.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:18 PM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidrHatr619 View Post
Dont you guys think hes going to insist on starting? Hes gonna go to a team that needs a 1st string QB. I hope most of you arent saying that he should replace PR!? I just hope that the organization and the new head coach realizes that PR ISthe answer for this team. He just needs a line that is worth a damn and a real weapon or two. Look at the "successful" QB's in this league. They all have great O-lines. Coincidence??? I think not.
Wrong. See here: http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=96562

Rogers, Cutler, Alex Smith and Kaepernick all have O-lines ranked worse for pass protection than Rivers.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidrHatr619 View Post
Dont you guys think hes going to insist on starting?
I'm not convinced PR will stick around when Norv is gone. I think those two are joined at the hip.

After the last two seasons, and with Norv on his way out, PR just might ask to be traded or released. He could retire tomorrow, and live very well on the money he's made.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I'm not convinced PR will stick around when Norv is gone. I think those two are joined at the hip.

After the last two seasons, and with Norv on his way out, PR just might ask to be traded or released. He could retire tomorrow, and live very well on the money he's made.
If that's the case, good riddance PR. you made a big mistake jockeying for Norv to stay and if you had any sense you'd see the errors in your ways.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

We saw how the departure of Marty and Brees effected LT.

Maybe the same thing would be true of PR. Those guys spend alot of time together, and I'm wondering if PR would struggle to move on to "football without Norv".