Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Game3524's Avatar
Game3524 Game3524 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 2,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
This is true. That's why I said "with our emerging defense." I think our Def is only going to get better, and hope it will even be a powerhouse. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind at all having a really good game manager QB, who makes limited mistakes, run a more conservative offense. And Smith does do that very, very well.
No offense, but this is really silly.

No team wants to field a good game manger, your simply putting more pressure on your defense. On top of that you are going to face some high powered offenses like New England or Denver, and your QB is going to have to make tougher throws.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-03-2012, 06:25 PM
v-jaxdabeast's Avatar
v-jaxdabeast v-jaxdabeast is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 773
Default

Smith rode a great oline, great running game and great defense and still played poorly during the season. If he didnt have such a good oline, his sacks would be much higher, as he doesn't throw the ball quickly and never throws it away, leading to sacks and fieldgoals/punts, part of the reason akers had an nfl record for most fgs in a game.
__________________
Chargers, Suns and Kings. I guess i like underachieving teams.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
< Need new refs anyways
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 10,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game3524 View Post
No offense, but this is really silly.

No team wants to field a good game manger, your simply putting more pressure on your defense. On top of that you are going to face some high powered offenses like New England or Denver, and your QB is going to have to make tougher throws.
No offense, but it is really silly to have a powerhouse defense but play an offense that continually gives the ball over to the other team, so that your defense is constantly on the field. Maintaining possession puts LESS pressure on your defense, not more. Turning it over consistently is what puts pressure on your defense. You know, like Rivers. Look at the numbers on the other threads.

Look at the 49'ers last year. Except for a couple of fluke plays in the NFC CG, they are SB champs. With a game manager offense.

Again, no offense. But your post is really silly.
__________________
Chargers Fan

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-04-2012, 01:22 AM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
< Need new refs anyways
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 10,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-jaxdabeast View Post
Smith rode a great oline, great running game and great defense and still played poorly during the season. If he didnt have such a good oline, his sacks would be much higher, as he doesn't throw the ball quickly and never throws it away, leading to sacks and fieldgoals/punts, part of the reason akers had an nfl record for most fgs in a game.
WHOAHHHHHHHH, BIG FELLA --- He played poorly??!! Do I really have to put up the stats to show that this is complete, utter, nonsense? Like the one that says he is the 2d best quarterback rating in the NFl?

Really?

Is that really necessary?
__________________
Chargers Fan

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-04-2012, 04:31 PM
primetime24's Avatar
primetime24 primetime24 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Apex
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
WHOAHHHHHHHH, BIG FELLA --- He played poorly??!! Do I really have to put up the stats to show that this is complete, utter, nonsense? Like the one that says he is the 2d best quarterback rating in the NFl?

Really?

Is that really necessary?
I don't care what his QB rating is. He hardly makes the throws that Brady/Manning make and he himself can't make those throws. QBs that are actually good and have that rating means they wont get benched.
__________________
Poor little donkeys....
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM
RaidrHatr619's Avatar
RaidrHatr619 RaidrHatr619 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: san diego
Posts: 543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I'd trade Whitehurst, and take Smith in a second.
Dont you guys think hes going to insist on starting? Hes gonna go to a team that needs a 1st string QB. I hope most of you arent saying that he should replace PR!? I just hope that the organization and the new head coach realizes that PR ISthe answer for this team. He just needs a line that is worth a damn and a real weapon or two. Look at the "successful" QB's in this league. They all have great O-lines. Coincidence??? I think not.
__________________
Back from yet ANOTHER ban...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-04-2012, 06:18 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
< Need new refs anyways
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 10,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidrHatr619 View Post
Dont you guys think hes going to insist on starting? Hes gonna go to a team that needs a 1st string QB. I hope most of you arent saying that he should replace PR!? I just hope that the organization and the new head coach realizes that PR ISthe answer for this team. He just needs a line that is worth a damn and a real weapon or two. Look at the "successful" QB's in this league. They all have great O-lines. Coincidence??? I think not.
Wrong. See here: http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=96562

Rogers, Cutler, Alex Smith and Kaepernick all have O-lines ranked worse for pass protection than Rivers.
__________________
Chargers Fan

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource


Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 62,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidrHatr619 View Post
Dont you guys think hes going to insist on starting?
I'm not convinced PR will stick around when Norv is gone. I think those two are joined at the hip.

After the last two seasons, and with Norv on his way out, PR just might ask to be traded or released. He could retire tomorrow, and live very well on the money he's made.
__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I'm not convinced PR will stick around when Norv is gone. I think those two are joined at the hip.

After the last two seasons, and with Norv on his way out, PR just might ask to be traded or released. He could retire tomorrow, and live very well on the money he's made.
If that's the case, good riddance PR. you made a big mistake jockeying for Norv to stay and if you had any sense you'd see the errors in your ways.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 62,915
Default

We saw how the departure of Marty and Brees effected LT.

Maybe the same thing would be true of PR. Those guys spend alot of time together, and I'm wondering if PR would struggle to move on to "football without Norv".
__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:34 PM.


© 2014 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.