Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts4ever21 View Post
Being that I don't live in San Diego, I grew up there and have family there, this wouldn't phase me at all. I just want the team to get a new stadium. Being up here in the Bay Area and seeing the 49ers getting one and soon the Golden State Warriors will get one. If you didn't know, the Niner stadium isn't even going to be in San Francisco. Yet their fans and still going to be fans. And if and when the Chargers get a new stadium, I will be happy for them.
This has been discussed. The Chargers moving to a rival city like L.A. is not even close to the 49ers moving to Santa Clara (which is already 49er territory now). It would be like the Chargers moving to Oceanside. Not analogous.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Born & Raised Bandwagoner

says you.

i am a born and raised San Diegan. i have no animosity for LA. i feel no rivalry between the two cities.

i am a Charger fan. i will root for them whether they are in SD or LA.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgeek View Post
says you.

i am a born and raised San Diegan. i have no animosity for LA. i feel no rivalry between the two cities.

i am a Charger fan. i will root for them whether they are in SD or LA.
There is no rivalry LA and SD? The Padres and Dodgers are in the same division, and the Raiders and Chargers are in the same division. One is still an LA team, the other still has a huge fan base in LA.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgeek View Post
i am a born and raised San Diegan. i have no animosity for LA.
Having been born and raised in San diego your statement both shocks and saddens me. It's just wrong. Its like cats and dogs. You should have nothing but contempt for anything LA.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Fan since 81

LA sucks big time. I'm stuck working there and hate everything about it.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
LA may be a pit, but it has way more sports tradition.
Really. The Lakers were a great organization before LA stole them. So LA has produced zero there. The Dodgers were a great organization before LA stole them. So LA has produced zero there. The kings took Fifty years to win their one Championship. Nothing to write home about. The Clippers sucked when LA stole them and they still suck. So LA produced nothing there. The Rams left town over two decades ago. Huge fail by LA. LA rented the raiders for a awhile but they were only half as successful as they were in Oakland plus the raiders stole $10,000,000.00 of their dollars. An even bigger fail by LA. The upstart Chargers ran away from LA in their first year because they knew it sucked there. So another fail by LA. The little suburb of Anaheim has won with the Angles and Ducks but try as they might LA can not lay claim to them.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Bottom line is that a new stadium is all that matters. If all these other NFL team are getting them, then why not the Chargers. In an area of the county that can host multiple Super Bowls, I really don't see how it cant happen. And no, I am not blind to the fact that it's a matter of money.

One Love, One Team, One Goal, SUPERBOWL!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmjim View Post
Having been born and raised in San diego your statement both shocks and saddens me. It's just wrong. Its like cats and dogs. You should have nothing but contempt for anything LA.
really? because i was born in one city and not the other? i had no choice in which city i was to be born in. i had no choice that my folks would raise me in SD.

a regional rivalry that i had no choice in? why should i have contempt for any place that i was not born and raised in, in so much as LA...or SF, or Tucson, or Carson City, or east bum Egypt.

tell me...what is the logical reason to despise another city?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 PM
DVBenz

Teams move for one reason, a new stadium. In the last 20 years the Rams, Raiders, Oilers, and Browns all moved because their city didn't build them a new stadium. It didn't have anything to do with fan support. Houston and Cleavland ended up paying for new stadiums to get expansion teams and LA still has nothing. The Rams are going through stadium arbitration and may move back to LA if they don't get significant upgrades in St. Louis. Raiders and Chargers are on the waiting list.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince67 View Post
There is no rivalry LA and SD? The Padres and Dodgers are in the same division, and the Raiders and Chargers are in the same division. One is still an LA team, the other still has a huge fan base in LA.
let me bold and highlight so you can understand.

I feel no rivalry between the cities.

those are rivalries between teams, two franchises. any can up and leave at any time and the team rivalry will still be there.

i believe all this stems from the prevalent inferiority complex that many San Diegans have.

San Diego is a great city. LA is a great city. both have their pluses and minuses. i enjoy the good that both cities offer, and try to avoid the bad.

Last edited by batgeek; 12-04-2012 at 09:28 PM..
Closed Thread