Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Fantasy Football
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
<< that's my boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCheese View Post
If I had to pick, I'd go with the Browns. They're playing the Raiders, and their defense has been really solid as of late. I know it's tempting to play the Panthers as their playing KC, but I don't know if I trust the Panther D. Another possible defense--Jets. They're playing the Lindley led Cardinals, which could mean some INT's and Pick 6's.

EDIT: I see the Cardinals D is available. I'd pick them, for sure.

As for my team.. I've got some issues this week. Injury bug has hit (again), and I had to drop Andre Brown in favor of Knowshon Moreno, and Forte's underperforming self is in doubt for the game this week.

PPR League, 0.5ppr. Here's what I have so far. I'm torn with the Flex position mostly. I'm not sure who to go with

QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Denario Alexander
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: Darren Sproles
TE: Brandon Myers
Flex: Knowshon Moreno
K: Kai Forbath
DEF: Baltimore

Bench:
Danny Amendola
Larry Fitzgerald
Matt Forte
Beanie Wells
Heath Miller
Cincinnati

good call on card's defense! thanks!

"Just like the country song goes, This aint nothing" - P.Rivers

NFL PLEASE STOP THE PLAY 60 BUS COMMERCIAL! IT SUCKS AND IS ANNOYING! 3 YEARS IS TO MUCH!!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Another man's fantasy trash could be my fantasy gold. So I can not go into the Playoffs players not performing. Big Ben is on waivers and dump Kaepernick, and I think he has some really good matchups, specially this week against us. My other QB is Matt Ryan who has been less than stellar for me the last few weeks.

Dwyer hit waivers and I am going to get him for Ryan Mathews. I could not count on Mathews getting double digits for me with a healthy Oline, with Clary, Green, Harris out, I don't see him doing squat for me. I could get Bryce Brown, but Shady should be back soon, and the Eagles have to play the Buccs this week, no.1 rushing defense.

I am also targeting Shonn Green. The Jets play Jags, Titans, Chargers, Green could put up good flex numbers against all 3. I would dump Jordy Nelson, who has been garbage for me.

my team going into the Playoffs would be:

Matt Ryan, Big Ben
Foster, Chris Johnson, MJD, Shonn Green, Dwyer
Cruz, Harvin, Garcon, Shorts
Graham/Witten
Gostkowski
Pats Def/ST

Good moves? I know MJD has been busted up, but if he can play the week 15/16 he has good match ups and the Jags have no other RB's to challenge him for TD's.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:30 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNAFTA View Post
Another man's fantasy trash could be my fantasy gold. So I can not go into the Playoffs players not performing. Big Ben is on waivers and dump Kaepernick, and I think he has some really good matchups, specially this week against us. My other QB is Matt Ryan who has been less than stellar for me the last few weeks.

Dwyer hit waivers and I am going to get him for Ryan Mathews. I could not count on Mathews getting double digits for me with a healthy Oline, with Clary, Green, Harris out, I don't see him doing squat for me. I could get Bryce Brown, but Shady should be back soon, and the Eagles have to play the Buccs this week, no.1 rushing defense.

I am also targeting Shonn Green. The Jets play Jags, Titans, Chargers, Green could put up good flex numbers against all 3. I would dump Jordy Nelson, who has been garbage for me.

my team going into the Playoffs would be:

Matt Ryan, Big Ben
Foster, Chris Johnson, MJD, Shonn Green, Dwyer
Cruz, Harvin, Garcon, Shorts
Graham/Witten
Gostkowski
Pats Def/ST

Good moves? I know MJD has been busted up, but if he can play the week 15/16 he has good match ups and the Jags have no other RB's to challenge him for TD's.
Ryan has a pretty favorable schedule against the panthers, giants and the lions. Ben probably won't play, unless pitt is desperate and they rush him back to play this week. Shady prob not coming back til week 16, but eagles play cinci and TB, 2 of the best run Ds in the league.

As for my team, i am currently 6-7 and just barely snuck into the playoffs. But, i have the 2nd best team in the league in terms of total points. I am in a league with 2 qbs and ppr. Heres my team:
qbs: eli and peyton
rbs:AP, shady, spiller
wrs:roddy white, decker, cobb, antonio brown, floyd, garcon and andre roberts
te:gresham
K:justin tucker
DEF:drafted philly relatively early, only to dump them and luckily pick up SEA early.
Of those wrs, i need to take 2 for wr and 1 for flex(shady is injured) and im not sure who to take. White is a lock against CAR, and cobb probably is too against det. I'd say decker vs. the faiders as the other, but if big ben plays, i think brown could have a big game. Problem is, decker is playing wednesday and Big ben is probably a game time decision. As for other receivers, garcon is against BALT so im not playing him, floyd is against PITT, and roberts has an 8th grader throwing him the ball, so im not gonna play him.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-jaxdabeast View Post
Ryan has a pretty favorable schedule against the panthers, giants and the lions. Ben probably won't play, unless pitt is desperate and they rush him back to play this week. Shady prob not coming back til week 16, but eagles play cinci and TB, 2 of the best run Ds in the league.

As for my team, i am currently 6-7 and just barely snuck into the playoffs. But, i have the 2nd best team in the league in terms of total points. I am in a league with 2 qbs and ppr. Heres my team:
qbs: eli and peyton
rbs:AP, shady, spiller
wrs:roddy white, decker, cobb, antonio brown, floyd, garcon and andre roberts
te:gresham
K:justin tucker
DEF:drafted philly relatively early, only to dump them and luckily pick up SEA early.
Of those wrs, i need to take 2 for wr and 1 for flex(shady is injured) and im not sure who to take. White is a lock against CAR, and cobb probably is too against det. I'd say decker vs. the faiders as the other, but if big ben plays, i think brown could have a big game. Problem is, decker is playing wednesday and Big ben is probably a game time decision. As for other receivers, garcon is against BALT so im not playing him, floyd is against PITT, and roberts has an 8th grader throwing him the ball, so im not gonna play him.
The Ravens secondary is scary by reputation, but they have been picked apart at times this season, and Garcon is getting a huge majority of targets from RG3. I'd roll with Garcon in my flex.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:11 AM
<< that's my boy.

Default Team 1 - PLEASE HELP

should i start freeman over rivers?

should i start stevie johnson?

the team i am going against is #1 seed with only 1 loss this year.

i am in trouble.

NFL PLEASE STOP THE PLAY 60 BUS COMMERCIAL! IT SUCKS AND IS ANNOYING! 3 YEARS IS TO MUCH!!

Last edited by RIPgriggs; 12-05-2012 at 08:18 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 AM
<< that's my boy.

Default Team 2 - PLEASE HELP

Last edited by RIPgriggs; 12-05-2012 at 08:16 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Team 1^ - start freeman, rest looks good
Team 2 - I would put Floyd or either Moore in at Flex. I'd start Miller over Gates too

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNAFTA View Post
I could get Bryce Brown, but Shady should be back soon, and the Eagles have to play the Buccs this week, no.1 rushing defense.

Dude, pick Bryce Brown up. He single-handedly won games for me (in multiple leagues) last week. It is highly unlikely McCoy comes back at this point. He's still experiencing concussion symptoms, and the Eagles season is done. No need to risk putting your best player back out there. Even if McCoy does come back, Bryce will still get carries and probably goal line work - and he's so explosive that he could still break big runs on a 12-15 carries. Bucs run D is not that great, they haven't played a lot of top RBs. AP put up good numbers against them.

And I do not think MJD will be back. Same as with McCoy, their team is done for the year. Not much point in rushing him back. Plus he still hasn't practiced and doesn't even sound very close to being ready to either.

Green might not be a bad pickup.

Last edited by Prae; 12-05-2012 at 11:01 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM
All-Pro

FLEX options for me are M80 @ Pittsburgh, Blackmon vs NY, or Kerley @ Jax. I wouldnt normally consider playing Kerley but I don't like Blackmon vs Cromartie or Malcom in Pittsburgh. Also would the Cleveland D be worth picking up for this week? They're playing KC
Old 12-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLightning View Post
FLEX options for me are M80 @ Pittsburgh, Blackmon vs NY, or Kerley @ Jax. I wouldnt normally consider playing Kerley but I don't like Blackmon vs Cromartie or Malcom in Pittsburgh. Also would the Cleveland D be worth picking up for this week? They're playing KC
KC moved the ball pretty good against the Panthers, but the Browns have a much more solid defense, worth a start.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimr1428 View Post
Team 1^ - start freeman, rest looks good
Team 2 - I would put Floyd or either Moore in at Flex. I'd start Miller over Gates too

Dude, pick Bryce Brown up. He single-handedly won games for me (in multiple leagues) last week. It is highly unlikely McCoy comes back at this point. He's still experiencing concussion symptoms, and the Eagles season is done. No need to risk putting your best player back out there. Even if McCoy does come back, Bryce will still get carries and probably goal line work - and he's so explosive that he could still break big runs on a 12-15 carries. Bucs run D is not that great, they haven't played a lot of top RBs. AP put up good numbers against them.

And I do not think MJD will be back. Same as with McCoy, their team is done for the year. Not much point in rushing him back. Plus he still hasn't practiced and doesn't even sound very close to being ready to either.

Green might not be a bad pickup.
I dumped Harvin for Brown since Harvin was put on IR. Also since now I have those RB's I don't see play for Dwyer, so I picked up the Buccs defense against the Eagles this week. Hard for me to trust the Pats defense against the Texans, it's a bad match up for both defenses. Also got rid of MJD, needed another WR, Golden Tate was on waivers, with a good match up next week against buffalo, and Edwards being cut should give him more targets. Seriously considering Green over Brown this week, the Buccs run defense is a lot better than the Jags, hard call.