Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 PM
ImGoinToJackson's Avatar
ImGoinToJackson ImGoinToJackson is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southside
Posts: 301
Default

We should have just fired AJ and Norv, brought LT back for a farewell tour, paid VJ and hoped for the best from new blood. I would've purchased tickets and driven the 1,500 miles to see one of LT's final games in Charger Blue, and I don't think I'm alone. It is poor management brought on by the entire atmosphere created by Albert James and the Yes Men, where players are treated as useless commodities and loyalty is left by the wayside.

AJ has made millions while destroying the team, his firing will cause no suffering. Perhaps that's why the dissidents yelled so loudly as the ship began to sink. We, the fans, are the only ones left to bear the burden of what has happened to the team over the last five years. The fans are the only party involved who invest and are not guaranteed some type of return. Well... in January I hope we at least get the satisfaction of seeing it scroll across ESPN that The Mighty Wizard of Qualcomm has been vanquished and we can return to the pursuit of the NFL sponsored, non-profit, "entertainment" trophy.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is online now
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 14,084
Default

Gil Brandt- Draft Expert football Pro says:

Biggest position of need: Left tackle. Quarterback Philip Rivers hasn't had a quality blind-side protector since Marcus McNeill suffered a career-ending neck injury in 2011 and replacement Jared Gaither failed to stay healthy in 2012. An argument also can be made at wide receiver. It's now obvious Smith made a huge mistake letting Vincent Jackson leave to Tampa Bay in free agency, then compounded the error by trying to replace him with a stiff like Robert Meachem. The ex-New Orleans Saints wideout has 14 catches and barely plays after signing a four-year, $25.9 million contract with $14 million guaranteed last March.


LOL
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:37 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 63,201
Default

Freak ... you're doing it again.
__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Al "T.D." Bundy's Avatar
Al "T.D." Bundy Al "T.D." Bundy is offline
4th and Hooters
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 20,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Gil Brandt- Draft Expert football Pro says:

Biggest position of need: Left tackle. Quarterback Philip Rivers hasn't had a quality blind-side protector since Marcus McNeill suffered a career-ending neck injury in 2011 and replacement Jared Gaither failed to stay healthy in 2012. An argument also can be made at wide receiver. It's now obvious Smith made a huge mistake letting Vincent Jackson leave to Tampa Bay in free agency, then compounded the error by trying to replace him with a stiff like Robert Meachem. The ex-New Orleans Saints wideout has 14 catches and barely plays after signing a four-year, $25.9 million contract with $14 million guaranteed last March.


LOL
Now now Freak, that's not fair.

We only second guess and re-visit history when a former Charger goes somewhere else and FAILS. See exhibit one: Kassim Osgood. Oh, did the CMB rejoice in his inability to make an impact as a WR (in Jacksonville, of all places!).

We don't like it when players leave and have success.

Get with the program.
__________________


You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is online now
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 14,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
Now now Freak, that's not fair.

We only second guess and re-visit history when a former Charger goes somewhere else and FAILS. See exhibit one: Kassim Osgood. Oh, did the CMB rejoice in his inability to make an impact as a WR (in Jacksonville, of all places!).

We don't like it when players leave and have success.

Get with the program.
You are 100% correct my friend, sir. I had a lapse in judgement.

Mods, recommend a 51 second timeout for myself until I realize that all of AJ's decisions are great, he should not be fired, and any Charger that leaves was immediately wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is online now
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 14,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Freak ... you're doing it again.
I know, I know, but when the Free Western World sees it, and some of us are blind, I tend to Freak out.

Three things that I could not resist: Gil Brandt, "huge mistake letting him go", and "replaced with a stiff like Meachem for Millions and Millions".

I absolutely could not help myself given that stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 63,201
Default

I forgive you, Freak.

I hope DX and M80 do, too.
__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 12-08-2012, 04:36 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is online now
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 14,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I forgive you, Freak.

I hope DX and M80 do, too.
I hope DX and M80 get off for about 251 yards each tomorrow. Tomorrow is my SB. I don't care if we go 5-11 and get a good draft pick.

Man I would love to beat Pitt.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 63,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I hope DX and M80 get off for about 251 yards each tomorrow. Tomorrow is my SB. I don't care if we go 5-11 and get a good draft pick.

Man I would love to beat Pitt.
Same here, Freak. Same here.

Wonder why they never have to come to San Diego?
__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 12-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Totally Bolted's Avatar
Totally Bolted Totally Bolted is offline
Moderator of Delusions
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Some where north of San Diego
Posts: 12,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Same here, Freak. Same here.

Wonder why they never have to come to San Diego?
They were suppose to if I remember correctly. they changed it.
I smell a rat.
__________________
After all these years the Bolts short comings have turned me into a pretzel.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 AM.


© 2014 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.