Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Veteran

Don't worry after the leak to the press, when he tries to get something out of this team he will blow a blood vessel. This team will not be motivated the rest of this year. The new coach will have a hard time getting them motivated next year. This leak, and keeping him here for the rest of the year, may put us in a 3 to 4 year rebuild. Who ever leaked should be going out the door first. Lousy way to end a season.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Veteran

Seems like Acee would have got a quote from Dean before running this .... and I am damn sure that Turner will get canned at the end of the season, but it's also funny to see Acee get the back of a billionaire's hand for being stooopid.

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Hall of Famer

I'm just happy AJ Is leaving too

1. Jason Verrett CB
2. Marcus Smith OLB
3. Martavis Bryant WR
4. Gabe Jackson G
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Hope it's true. And I hope they make the right choices in the coming months. Is it too early to chant the Chargers fan mantra "there's always next year..."?

Go bolts.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Seems like Acee would have got a quote from Dean before running this .... and I am damn sure that Turner will get canned at the end of the season, but it's also funny to see Acee get the back of a billionaire's hand for being stooopid.

how do you know he didnt? Arent you merely stepping out on a speculative limb as well? Youre positive Dean "always" tells the truth?

Look at the Spanos Family outside of their football organization.

They are very active in and well versed in politics and Dean knows the importance of both political "timing" and political "statements".

So, what would one expect Dean to say in response to this story?

The question in my mind that should be asked is ~why~ would the story come out now with 4 games left on the schedule;

with a 4-8 record;

a string of home game blackouts where tens of thousands of tickets have not been sold;

and fan interest trending to the point of apathy.

Pondering those items listed in that question makes for some very interesting further speculation and dialogue.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM
All-Pro

Read between the lines how Dean responded.

He never said the report was true he just said he hasn't made any decision yet.

"Speculation" He could have said the report is not true.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
I'm all for getting rid of AJ. Norv too even though I am surprised the guys on the team have continued to play hard for him but he simply does not have the talent but it ticks me off if the rumors are true that Jimmy Raye will be automatically promoted. and then John Spanos made his right hand man. If the Chargers do do this, I am done as a fan. I cannot stand John Spanos and since he started scouting, our dradt picks have gone to poop. Train him to be the eventual owner of the team. That is fine but he has no business in the front office. Hire good people to do that job. I was really hoping we would go for Gamble out of San Francisco but it looks like we are left with the owners son. Absolutely disgusted by that too if it is true!

The only post I've read worth reading,
All the celebration about the firing of Norv and AJ is clouded by the facts that Spanos is replacing AJ w/ a unproven employee.I too feel the Norv and AJ train needs to go but these IN HOUSE PROMOTIONS speaks volumes of how incapable Dean is at running a winning fanchise.
I will remain a Bolts fan but have come to except we'll never host that trophy w/ the Sanos family at the helm.We all should hope the Deans tenure as owner is short lived and John takes over.For John will likely sell off and w/ some luck! The L.A. Chargers willbe revelavant.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Taking a Chill Pill

Say's Jimmy Raye will take over, with John Spanos serving as his right hand man....don't know if thats the best option....however its probably the cheapest one...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56lightsout56 View Post
how do you know he didnt? Arent you merely stepping out on a speculative limb as well? Youre positive Dean "always" tells the truth?

Look at the Spanos Family outside of their football organization.

They are very active in and well versed in politics and Dean knows the importance of both political "timing" and political "statements".

So, what would one expect Dean to say in response to this story?

The question in my mind that should be asked is ~why~ would the story come out now with 4 games left on the schedule;

with a 4-8 record;

a string of home game blackouts where tens of thousands of tickets have not been sold;

and fan interest trending to the point of apathy.

Pondering those items listed in that question makes for some very interesting further speculation and dialogue.
Could mean we're going for the draft picks. Once the players know Norv is gone it's over.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va Bolt View Post
For John will likely sell off and w/ some luck! The L.A. Chargers willbe revelavant.
Another "fan" outside of SD trolling for LA. With the other **** that gets shut down on this board, I am actually surprised this is allowed.