Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 06:01 AM
RIP Seau

Default Safeties

We have a stud in Eric Weddle but I think we need to look at someone to replace Bigby. Bigby can't cover and has horrible form when tackling. I don't think Taylor is really that great and I didn't think too highly of him coming out of college anyway. Stuckey is clearly a STs player at this point. Lynch is a backup.

Jairus Byrd is an upcoming FA so he could be an option. Moving Jammer over to safety would solve this problem, but I don't see that happening. CB is a big need but it is something I see getting addressed in FA or the high rounds of the draft.

Some guys to look at: Kenny Vaccarro probably a second half first round guy so chances are we won't select him.

Eric Reid, didn't have a great season, his stock has dropped. Could be had in the 2nd or 3rd pending on what he runs in the 40.

Robert Lester, again had a sort of down year in terms of play making. I always thought he was better than Barron and I still do. Solid tackler with good form unlike Bigby.

Baccari Rambo and Shawn Williams from Georgia. Both guys are pretty good and I liked watching them this year. Rambo is the guy I favor more though. Williams has more leadership ability.

TJ Macdonald USC really dropped off this year. Reminds me of Taylor Mays in terms of being over hyped.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Not real knowledgeable on draft stock, but is there a CB we could take that allows Jammer to go to safety? Better move?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Shock and Awe

Safety is a luxury pick at this point IMO. So many other holes. Taylor is as good as most of those guys you listed in terms of potential. Lynch and Bigby rotation works for now. Lynch is actually better than I think you give him credit for.
3. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
4. Dakota Dozier - OG - Furman
5. Devin Street - WR - Pittsburgh
6. Kenny Ladler - DB - Vanderbilt
7. Spencer Shuey - 34ILB - Clemson
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 AM

I don't know anything about anything, but this team needs a player named Rambo.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

I agree with Shock. There are too many higher priorities to go spending a high pick on a safety unless the value is too good to pass up. Personally, I would rank OT, OG, OLB, CB, ILB, NT, WR, TE, and RB all ahead of safety. Especially when we don't really know what we have in Taylor just yet. I say we retain Lynch as a backup and see if Taylor can actually win the job. If a new staff likes the idea of moving Jammer to safety, then do it and cut Bigby. If not, keep Bigby and let him compete with Taylor or cut him in favor of another FA.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM
He's Alive, Jim.

If one of them drops to the 4th or something, I wouldn't mind (especially Reid), but, if Philip is going to be successful, he needs BEEF. Big fat boys with cement shoes.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM
RyanMathews

Safety isn't really a need IMO, however; if we do want to address safety. I wouldn't mind looking at William Moore of the Falcons in FA.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Moore is almost definitely staying in ATL as they don't have any other really important FA's this offseason to lock up and can just tag him if they need to.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Draft This Man

^^^Grimey Grimes.

Moore is awesome though.

sean of BSX
Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Highly doubt they prioritize a 30+ player coming off a ruptured achilles over Moore.