Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
How can you say that Cason is fine as a #2? Have you seen him play this year?

He's atrocious. He's easily the 2nd worst CB we have had this decade. Cromartie is MILES better than him. He can't cover, he's slow so he has to play 40 yards off the line of scrimmage and he loses one on one battles every time especially in the redzone.

I surely hope Cason leaves SD and is signed by Denver, PIT or NE.
I would totally resign Jammer to a descent 2 year deal and let the new coach decide where he wants Jammer to play. As for Cason I don't really care if we don't bring him back he's just another AJ mess let some other team have him.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
The way the Chargers are headed we are looking at a potential top 5 pick. Only a fool GM can screw up a top five pick but yes it has happened many times. The new GM though if picking safely can end up with a stud for the team and be labelled better than AJ. The true test will be how does he/she pick in the 2nd, 3rd etc...

There's no reason to think that just because Jimmy Raye is being promoted that he will outshine A.J.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Born & Raised Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
I surely hope Cason leaves SD and is signed by Denver, PIT or NE.
y'know...he'll win a Super Bowl wherever he goes. all Chargers that leave win Super Bowls wherever they go.

that's why we should NEVER LET THEM LEAVE!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgeek View Post
y'know...he'll win a Super Bowl wherever he goes. all Chargers that leave win Super Bowls wherever they go.

that's why we should NEVER LET THEM LEAVE!!!
It's one way to reverse that and that's by trading them to a sorry team before they hit free agency. Doesn't really matter though its not like he'll make an impact if he does win a SB. Cason a nickel corner at best or ST.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Born & Raised Bandwagoner

nope. that sorry team will win a Super Bowl. ALL CHARGERS that leave WIN SUPER BOWLS.

i thought everyone knew this.

VJ will win one with Tampa...you just wait and see!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Interesting CB debate we have going on here.

My thoughts: Jammer has 1 more year at CB, worst case scenario. Cason I am ready to say goodbye to. Charles Woodson didn't play his first season at SS until 35. #JusSayin
Old 12-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Hall of Famer

It'll be interesting to see where AJ will land next IF he's hired for the same position or something else. I wonder what team he's going to mess up next.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:42 AM
Hall of Famer

I have to agree w/ letting Jammer or Cason or both go to NE.Then the CMB would finally realize IT'S THE SECONDARY COACH IN SD THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Meeks has NEVER had productive CBs thruout his whole career.In fact,his secondaries have been some of the worst.1st,I would give Meeks to boot .The guy is the Norv Turner HC of secondary coaching.

Now w/ this projected top 5 pic,
I wouldbe on the phone w/ Miami about the LT Jake Long.I would do what's necessary to get this guy in a Bolt's uni.After that we work on improving the RT.We get those peices in place for 2013-2014 season we have something w/ the Oline to build w/ for upcoming seasons.Everything else w/ the O willbe evaluated as the Oline improves.

The D seems to be going in the right direction(even thogh it to AJ how many years to realize you build from the Dline up).English is a sore spot that needs to be fixed.Maybe try this guy inside or just cut him for he has proven he's just a undersized DE.Phillips can go unless he's willing to stay for the money he's worth??Spikes can go to free up some cap space.Garary can go as well.Secondary is a mess because of poor coaching.Fix the coaching then evaluate.

The new Chargers GM has spoken
Old 12-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
You're ignoring the real dagger... the QB rating. Also, passes defended is the most misleading stat for all defensive backs. High numbers usually go to the lesser DB's on each team because they get targeted more.

But the penalties aren't good. It also mentioned his "solid play" which is a reference to posting a better completion % allowed and QB's not having as high a rating when targeting him. I've been following their coverage this season, and for the most part it tells the same story as what I see- Jammer is solid and Cason is turrible.

In any case, I think we agree that the best case for 2013 is Wright and a free agent on the outside, Cason in a UFL uniform, and Jammer retired, backing up someone at corner, or playing safety.
I think the biggest contributer to Cason's bad completion percentage/high qb rating is that he plays 10 yards off the ball. I don't know if it's a schematic issue or a personnel issue but he allows a lot of quick, easy completions because of it. I think that if we had a cb capable of shadowing an offenses #1 receiver that Cason would be fine against #2's. I just don't think we can afford to search for upgrades at both cb positions with all our other needs.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Our Line is so bad, I would honestly consider using 5 straight picks on the Line, replace the whole lot of them, or at least try. With a Pat's or 49'ers caliber O-line we are SB contenders.