Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > 50th Anniversary
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 PM
#1 NJ Bolts Fan

Default 50th anniversary football question??

I'm looking at purchasing on of the 98 chargers 50th anniversary footballs. I don't want to sound naive but did the players actually sign it or is it one of those machined stamped signatures.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Where are you looking at it?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:08 AM

I am also interested to know where you are purchasing this from.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

MeiGray is the official partner of the San Diego Chargers for game used merchandise.

You can check out game worn jerseys, and game used footballs here:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/serv...&galleryview=1

Only $5000 for a game used Rivers jersey.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Rookie

Default 98 chargers 50th anniversary football

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoltsFan18 View Post
I'm looking at purchasing on of the 98 chargers 50th anniversary footballs. I don't want to sound naive but did the players actually sign it or is it one of those machined stamped signatures.
I think it is stamped, but the original is definitely signed. I would ask before purchasing.

Offering items for sale on the forums is prohibited.

Please read and follow the forum rules. -Moderator

Last edited by chargertom; 04-23-2013 at 03:52 PM..
Old 09-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Hall of Famer

I was just going to ask a few questions on a related topic, but I believe this is the wrong thread. SO..... I will focus on the football. I attended a heroes de la salud (heroes of healthcare) gala yesterday evening. I won several items in the auction. One of them happened to be a 50th anniversary football.

Unless you are looking at something different than what I bought, the certificate of authenticity states it is one of 600.

At a charity auction, I paid $50 for the football. A buddy is friends with some ex-players and it going to get it signed for me.

OK, what the heck, my questions:

Mini Football helmet - Signed by Kellen Winslow. I will be seeing Wes Chandler in a week or so. Do I ask him to sign the other lightening bolt?

JERSEY - Everyone is saying I should frame it. My plan was to .... WEAR IT! I mean NO ONE agreed with me wearing it. I am not a pack animal and my plan is still to wear it, but figured I would ask other true blood Charger fans. What say you?

TIM TEBOW FOR PRESIDENT!

GREAT JOB MR. SPANOS! I fully support the hires of Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy. You can count on this fan being in the stadium.

Last edited by RCCthatsme; 09-27-2013 at 06:39 PM..
Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCthatsme View Post
JERSEY - Everyone is saying I should frame it. My plan was to .... WEAR IT! I mean NO ONE agreed with me wearing it. I am not a pack animal and my plan is still to wear it, but figured I would ask other true blood Charger fans. What say you?
I agree 100% with you. Wear the sucker. I've never been an autograph hound -- I'll always choose a picture, or a small conversation, or a handshake, instead.

Same with the gear. Wear it. Enjoy it. Show it off. All day, baby!

(aka Factless, Clueless, Agenda Driven, Myopic, Ball Watching
Chargersfan).

Old 09-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Hall of Famer

I wore it, Chargers won, tradition started! < My buddies, who were with me when I won the items, were giving me .... well you know. My one friend still grabbed the mini helmet and football and said he would get them signed for me. If I can get the receiving corp of Winslow, Chandler, Joiner and Dan Fouts all to sign, I will be thrilled.

TIM TEBOW FOR PRESIDENT!

GREAT JOB MR. SPANOS! I fully support the hires of Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy. You can count on this fan being in the stadium.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Rookie

RE: 50th Anniversary Football...I have number 082/600 of that edition, I think. It's signed by Keith Lincoln. Is that like yours? What do you think it's worth?
Old 03-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Bolted @ Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCthatsme View Post
I was just going to ask a few questions on a related topic, but I believe this is the wrong thread. SO..... I will focus on the football. I attended a heroes de la salud (heroes of healthcare) gala yesterday evening. I won several items in the auction. One of them happened to be a 50th anniversary football.

Unless you are looking at something different than what I bought, the certificate of authenticity states it is one of 600.

At a charity auction, I paid $50 for the football. A buddy is friends with some ex-players and it going to get it signed for me.

OK, what the heck, my questions:

Mini Football helmet - Signed by Kellen Winslow. I will be seeing Wes Chandler in a week or so. Do I ask him to sign the other lightening bolt?

You're backyard looks like it's one hard rain away from a landslide. I hope not of course, but from that picture it looks possible. Be careful! Nice memorabilia.

Last edited by crixus; 03-29-2014 at 12:49 AM..