Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Draft This Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
Bront Bird is the future
We don't even need anything, this team is SB BOUND

sean of BSX
Old 12-09-2012, 01:22 PM
RyanMathews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
Don't need that high pick, Haslam = LTOTF
Haslam FTW!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammerhammer23 View Post
we don't even need anything, this team is sb bound
superbowl!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Bad News Bear

At least Philly won.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Veteran

Norv finding new ways to screw us. Haha
Old 12-10-2012, 12:29 AM

I think we should look at WR Marcus Davis with the complimentary 3rd round pick we will get for Vincent Jackson's departure.

Davis is actually a lot like Jackson and definitely has that kind of potential. Big, tall, fast, strong and muscles for the football. Has very good speed for his size. He may not put up the best of numbers but that's mainly due to him having an awful QB.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
I think we should look at WR Marcus Davis with the complimentary 3rd round pick we will get for Vincent Jackson's departure.

Davis is actually a lot like Jackson and definitely has that kind of potential. Big, tall, fast, strong and muscles for the football. Has very good speed for his size. He may not put up the best of numbers but that's mainly due to him having an awful QB.
I don't think we get a pick for Jackson. He was an unrestricted free agent having had 4 full seasons.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

The only way we would have gotten a 3rd for VJ is if he signed with Tampa and we didn't sign a FA of our own. We may still get a pick for him due to salary discrepancy, but it won't be that high.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 AM
BoltzNhOkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post

Davis is solid WR that can make big plays and would probably work well with Rivers. He was pretty much our main passing option this season, but that's not really saying much considering how one dimensional our offense was. He's a big dude who is pretty good at catching the deep ball. My only issue is that he is kind of soft and is notorious for not blocking. As a rookie I don't think he wouldn't bring a whole lot of value to special teams, but he would be a decent option for Rivers.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltzNhOkies View Post
Davis is solid WR that can make big plays and would probably work well with Rivers. He was pretty much our main passing option this season, but that's not really saying much considering how one dimensional our offense was. He's a big dude who is pretty good at catching the deep ball. My only issue is that he is kind of soft and is notorious for not blocking. As a rookie I don't think he wouldn't bring a whole lot of value to special teams, but he would be a decent option for Rivers.
Yeah I started following Davis around the beginning of the season. Seems like all the tools are there minus maybe the top notch hands. But due to his route-running and concentration I would say that he should be a project, and not a guy expected to make much of an impact right away. Kind of a lesser Stephen Hill I suppose. I hadn't realized that about the run-blocking, but if that's true then it's a turn off. Not necessarily because he isn't good at it, but because receivers who don't put the effort into that aspect of the game are generally divas.