Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Optimistic pessimist

a lot of analysts were saying that Norv will have a lot of offers to be an OC next year
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 AM
The Mad Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekal View Post
Just look at all the other NFL teams who play with inconsistency. It's rife in the NFL.
Yep, and can we really call anything inconsistency anymore when Carolina beats Atlanta? Like they said, any given Sunday.

Long gone are the 80's when you could bet the house that Pittsburg was gonna beat the Colts or that Dallas was gonna beat the "Aints" - memba' that? Competitiveness has replaced consistency? Nobody can guarantee a win anymore.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 AM
The Mad Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
a lot of analysts were saying that Norv will have a lot of offers to be an OC next year
He will have a bunch no doubt. One man's trash is anothers treasure. It will be interesting watching our defense against one of his offenses next year.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Experienced

I predict the Chargers win out the season finishing 8-8 and get the last wild card slot for the playoffs.
Then proceed to destroy everyone in the playoffs and win the super bowl, only to have Spanos fire Norv and AJ while saying if I can fire Marty at 14-2 I can fire Norv with a super bowl ring, Charger fans are left scratching their heads because they don't understand how winning games loses you a job.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Hall of Famer

"It comes down to a lack of focus, a lack of energy and a lack of urgency. Time for coach Mike Tomlin to get Dr. Phil on the phone before it's too late."

Jamison Hensley, ESPN contributor.

Sounds like that's the same thing fans say about Norv. Funny thing is, you would never hear a San Diego fan say that Tomlin had a streak of bad luck.

You see, people forget when Norvs teams play good, and remember when they play bad. The funny thing is, you don't hold all the other coaches to the same standard as you do Norv Turner.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbirdsd View Post
I predict the Chargers win out the season finishing 8-8 and get the last wild card slot for the playoffs.
Then proceed to destroy everyone in the playoffs and win the super bowl, only to have Spanos fire Norv and AJ while saying if I can fire Marty at 14-2 I can fire Norv with a super bowl ring, Charger fans are left scratching their heads because they don't understand how winning games loses you a job.
I'm gonna bookmark this so you can get props in Febuary when this comes true
Old 12-10-2012, 10:58 AM
ElGallo

Quote:
"It comes down to a lack of focus, a lack of energy and a lack of urgency. Time for coach Mike Tomlin to get Dr. Phil on the phone before it's too late."

Sounds like that's the same thing fans say about Norv. Funny thing is, you would never hear a San Diego fan say that Tomlin had a streak of bad luck.

You see, people forget when Norvs teams play good, and remember when they play bad. The funny thing is, you don't hold all the other coaches to the same standard as you do Norv Turner.
Tomlin has been to 2 Super Bowls in his six seasons as Pittsburgh's coach and has won one of them. Norv has been to 0 and is about to miss the playoffs for a third straight season.

Tomlin has been much more successful with his team than Norv has with his. Ergo, he receives more benefit of the doubt, and understandably so.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGallo View Post
Tomlin has been to 2 Super Bowls in his six seasons as Pittsburgh's coach and has won one of them. Norv has been to 0 and is about to miss the playoffs for a third straight season.

Tomlin has been much more successful with his team than Norv has with his. Ergo, he receives more benefit of the doubt, and understandably so.

You obviously have no idea what point I was trying to make.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I don't think that's true at all. Norv's had some good wins here but some bad inopportune losses. I think all coaches are held to the same basic standard which is simply whether they win.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
You obviously have no idea what point I was trying to make.
Lol, I started to type a reply to that post, then erased it for this same reason.