Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMathews View Post
Concur, wish his salary wasn't guaranteed. Can someone inform me of Royals contract details? Can we at least cut Royal?

Eddie Royal - spotrac.com

Royal - rotoworld.com

Quote:
3/15/2012: Signed a three-year, $13.5 million contract. The deal contains $6 million guaranteed, including a $4.5 million signing bonus. 2012: $1.5 million, 2013: $3 million, 2014: $4.5 million, 2015: Free Agent
His guarantees are done. He has two years to amortize on his $4.5 mill signing bonus. He would cost $3 million in a dead space cap hit to cut after this season.

So ... if he stays on the roster he's a $4.5 mill cap hit ($3 mill base + $1.5 mill amortization of bonus). Cutting him "saves" $1.5 mill against the projected 2013 cap.

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime24 View Post
No, move him to tackle.
No, move him to RB. He's got the speed
Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
People have stopped defending English, but pretty sure that took more than 1 season to happen.
Because English was a rookie. Meachem is a vet.

I'm rooting for him this year and next, because well it's a lot cheaper than cutting him. I'm still hoping he can be productive next year.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 PM
<< that's my boy.

Meachem and the other guy we brought in at wr, plus the disappointment in gaither( not effort but health), are reasons why I believe aj has broke the camels back.

"Just like the country song goes, This aint nothing" - P.Rivers

NFL PLEASE STOP THE PLAY 60 BUS COMMERCIAL! IT SUCKS AND IS ANNOYING! 3 YEARS IS TO MUCH!!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Eddie Royal - spotrac.com

Royal - rotoworld.com

His guarantees are done. He has two years to amortize on his $4.5 mill signing bonus. He would cost $3 million in a dead space cap hit to cut after this season.

So ... if he stays on the roster he's a $4.5 mill cap hit ($3 mill base + $1.5 mill amortization of bonus). Cutting him "saves" $1.5 mill against the projected 2013 cap.
My disappointment with Royal is centered around health issues - some guys get the lable "prone" attached to them and I'm afraid that includes Eddie - M-80 has carried it for years...

The disappointment with Meachem is far deeper - he simply hasn't shown the willingness to fight for a ball in the air - and I don't know how you can play at this level and NOT do so.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dave View Post
My disappointment with Royal is centered around health issues - some guys get the lable "prone" attached to them and I'm afraid that includes Eddie - M-80 has carried it for years...

The disappointment with Meachem is far deeper - he simply hasn't shown the willingness to fight for a ball in the air - and I don't know how you can play at this level and NOT do so.
Agree on Royal.

On Meachem how bout just catch? His drop in thieveland likely cost us that game.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Reasonable?

We sign three players with what he wanted.
And all three players have busted

Scrub 3 players > Pro Bowl WR
Old 12-12-2012, 06:02 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPgriggs View Post
Meachem and the other guy we brought in at wr, plus the disappointment in gaither( not effort but health), are reasons why I believe aj has broke the camels back.
That's the first thing AJ looks for, injured and on IR more than playing time. Then he rolls over and gives them a good contract. Then he tells us he saved us a lot of money by not signing VJ and Sproles.

How much money has gone down the drain on injury prone players AJ got?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 AM
Hall of Famer

For AJ to think Meachem is a 1WR is why we need a new GM. Meachem was really the #3 behind Colston and Grayham. At the same time they play with 4 and 5 set which makes him better.
Going forward we have to eliminate players with injury history regardless of how good they are if we have to pay them a lot to get them. I have no issue with cheap players due to we don't lose much if they do not work out.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dave View Post

Meacham is a slot receiver and not very big. How is he supposed to fight for jump balls?

Granted, he dropped a ball he should have caught in Cleveland. Still, he is nowhere near the disaster at wide receiver as Rivers is at QB.

It is funny, that people keep bringing up the one dropped ball at Cleveland, but few people bring up the horrible play of Rivers. Instead they blame the offensive line for Rivers' poor play. Rivers is a "franchise" QB that is rarely held accountable for anything.