Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
A whole lot. The city was devastated by Katrina. The team was one of the worst in the NFL. They were going to leave the city. If Brees didn't recover, I don't see the Saints being around in the same city.
I think we are seeing this entirely different. A whole lot doesnt specify exactly what they were risking.
Did they have any other choices that would have been signifacntly less of a risk?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORjr. View Post
Youir statement is ridiculous.
Mine is not. When the only team you can beat is a last place team in the worst division in the NFL, thats pretty bad.
You said we could easily be 1-9. How is that valid? How could we have easily be 1-9? If we lost to kc 2 times and lost to the raiders? If we had a different and harder schedule? We could easily be 9-1 as well. You pretend like you're dropping facts on people. In the above you said when the only team you can beat is a last place team in the worst division...I don't remember playing Kansas city 4 times. But you're right. Had we lost to kc Oakland and the titans and still lost all other games we would be 0-10. That's a fact.

-Mario Lopez
Old 11-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORjr. View Post
I think we are seeing this entirely different. A whole lot doesnt specify exactly what they were risking.
Did they have any other choices that would have been signifacntly less of a risk?
They had the #2 draft pick and could have picked Leinart, Young or Cutler. As a matter of fact a large fraction of Saints fans wanted the "safer" choice Leinart. They could also have traded for a QB. Before Brees became a free agent, Sean Payton tried to trade for Romo from Dallas.

In some ways Leinart (at least on paper) was a safer choice. He had success in college and wasn't injured.

But football aside - none of the forementioned QB's would have had even a tiny fraction of the success Brees have had OFF the field.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Hall of Famer

well after the fact everything seems clear. I understand why they did what they did. I didnt agree with it but I understand it
Old 11-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingtrader180 View Post
Norv, A.J. All just symptons of the real problem.

Who hired the guys who let Drew go and let Eli push them around because he stamped his feet?

Well Spanos?????? Please explain that. I mean those two guys have only led their teams to 3 of the last 5 Superbowls. Where exactly does the buck stop in San Diego?????
No one thought Drew would play ball again, can't really blame them for letting him go. Injury was on his throwing arm. I was at that game when it happened. But since they let go of about 15 other awesome players, I agree with you completely.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:52 AM
All-Pro

Right now Brees has more interceptions than Rivers. He had five interceptions last night and would have had six if one hadn't been called back for a defensive penalty. He has a lower completion percentage also. I know Payton isn't there this year, but, heck, Rivers has NORV!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Hall of Famer

To me it's more about benching Bree's in his 2nd year as a starter and giving up on him. then drafting A Qb the next year when we could used a WR (Fitzgerald). I would love to know who said forget Brees let's get a new QB.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
To me it's more about benching Bree's in his 2nd year as a starter and giving up on him. then drafting A Qb the next year when we could used a WR (Fitzgerald). I would love to know who said forget Brees let's get a new QB.
I don't know why you're still on this. And even if we kept Brees, he might not have ended up the way he did with the saints. Also this was years ago and has been argued to death.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Look at Brees with no Payton. He is struggling badly. Look Brees had Payton, Rivers has Norv. Major difference.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Veteran

Our QB is Rivers.

Nobody would have thought that Brees would have come back from the injury he sustained. Rivers was our choice for the future of our franchise at that point.

Nobody doubted that choice then. Through the years since then, it has only been the last 2 that we've doubted Rivers. In 2009, who doubted that choice?

For the regression, look at o-line.