Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGallo View Post
And did you see the way they absolutely demolished the Chiefs both times we played them??

Seriously, why are we even THINKING about firing this guy?
look we wre literally one or two plays away from winning a few games this year and that will be the difference between playoffs or not. We're firing him because of a few plays?

Plus, the CMB cannot agree on a replacement. Until there's a clear consensus we have to stand pat.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
look we wre literally one or two plays away from winning a few games this year and that will be the difference between playoffs or not. We're firing him because of a few plays?

Plus, the CMB cannot agree on a replacement. Until there's a clear consensus we have to stand pat.
Absolutely, besides he is the winnest Charger coach in our history.

We need to wait at least until he loses that title before firing him.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:

A few plays, Moe?

A few plays this season, last season, and the season before, are why we failed to make the playoffs 3 straight seasons....

When is enough enough? I guess 3 seasons not enough for you? How about 4? 5?

If we miss the playoffs for 5 consecutive seasons "because of a few plays," is that enough?

10 seasons?

20??
Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 PM
ElGallo

Quote:

Agreed. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall ever seeing Norv actually step on the field this year and throw any interceptions or commit any fumbles. And in addition to that, I don't think you can GUARANTEE me that the next head coach will be any better, unless of course you have a time machine that you can travel to the future with and PROVE to me that the next coach will do better. Do you own a TIME MACHINE, Moe? No, I didn't think you did.

So let me get this straight: Norv hasn't actually participated in any erroneous plays this year, and YOU don't own a time machine. Sorry Moe, I'm really not seeing any good arguments for why Norv should be fired.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Boltfan View Post
A few plays, Moe?

A few plays this season, last season, and the season before, are why we failed to make the playoffs 3 straight seasons....

When is enough enough? I guess 3 seasons not enough for you? How about 4? 5?

If we miss the playoffs for 5 consecutive seasons "because of a few plays," is that enough?

10 seasons?

20??
it's just a few plays each season. are you frustrated? you seem frustrated. it'll all even out won't it?
Veteran

Quote:
8-8? Heck, even if Norv finishes 5-11 he deserves to stay. That win over Pittsburgh earned him a contract extension, in my book.
Now that Norv is on the brink of being fired, the players suddenly decide to play. Like they don't want to be responsible for him getting fired.
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
how was this different?
The difference between players making mistakes and play calling, turnovers because of play calling, clock management, half time adjustments, etc. is pretty obvious.

Can you honestly say that this years loses have come down to one or two plays or a series of plays, a lack of adjustment and poor coaching decisions.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Agreed. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall ever seeing Norv actually step on the field this year and throw any interceptions or commit any fumbles. And in addition to that, I don't think you can GUARANTEE me that the next head coach will be any better, unless of course you have a time machine that you can travel to the future with and PROVE to me that the next coach will do better. Do you own a TIME MACHINE, Moe? No, I didn't think you did.

So let me get this straight: Norv hasn't actually participated in any erroneous plays this year, and YOU don't own a time machine. Sorry Moe, I'm really not seeing any good arguments for why Norv should be fired.
unfortunately, cant say the same about marty...

-Mario Lopez
Old 12-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

yeah, i was agreeing with that. Norv doesn't call the "fumble play" or the "interception play". He calls the TD play every time (except for those runs up the gut that are only designed to get 2 yards and set up the "touchdown play").

what we really need are a whole new set of players on the offense (the defense seems to be doing fine so we can keep all of those guys). give Norv 22 new guys on offense and give him a real chance. get rid of these fumblers, interception throwers, pass-droppers and block missers. That whole offensive squad somehow needs to be replaced so we can really see Norv coach.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbirdsd View Post
The difference between players making mistakes and play calling, turnovers because of play calling, clock management, half time adjustments, etc. is pretty obvious.

Can you honestly say that this years loses have come down to one or two plays or a series of plays, a lack of adjustment and poor coaching decisions.
what play calling mistakes were made this year?

and im sorry, i seem to remember the pats playoff game marty going for it on 4th and 11...yup, he called the fumble play. I seem to remember playing prevent at the end of the half and giving them an easy score just before the half, i seem to remember going away from the league mvp in the 2nd half, i remember a challenge of an obvious fumble by mccree that cost us one of our 2 timeouts and i remember calling timeout right after a TV timeout getting rid of another timeout leaving us with 1 on our final drive which resulted in a 54 yard kick, maybe had we had at least 1 more timeout we couldve gotten a little closer?

-Mario Lopez
Closed Thread