Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who do you want as our new HC, if Norv is replaced?
Ken Whisenhunt 22 6.67%
Chip Kelly 52 15.76%
Pat Shurmer 0 0%
Bruce Arian 61 18.48%
Andy Reid 21 6.36%
Vic Fangio 9 2.73%
Mike Zimmer 21 6.36%
Mike Holmgren 17 5.15%
Jon Gruden 115 34.85%
Lovie Smith 12 3.64%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
Mike McCoy? Eww.
If you want someone who is pretty good at figureing how to best use players he fits.

Another option is Greg Roman. He would be good if you want a lot of short routes, play action and runs. He might be what Rivers needs.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
If you want someone who is pretty good at figureing how to best use players he fits.

Another option is Greg Roman. He would be good if you want a lot of short routes, play action and runs. He might be what Rivers needs.
Two strong candidates there.

IF Whisenhunt were to be fired and hired on as our new head coach (hypothetical here- not trying to rehash the whole argument), I would hope that Mike Mularkey is let go as well as we can hire him on as our new OC. He's another one that I think does a good job of shaping offense around his players' strengths.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Lol....

I like Pagano, we should go for an offensive coach. Gruden, purely because it would be fun.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Hall of Famer

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...nfora/21411006

Quote:
Colts hoping to keep Arians but expect him to get head coaching consideration
Interim head coach Bruce Arians has received universal acclaim for his incredible work in getting the young Colts to the cusp of the playoffs, all while Indianapolis head coach Chuck Pagano has been away from the team amid his brave fight with leukemia.

The team wants nothing more than to retain Arians as its offensive coordinator, where he has worked so well with rookie quarterback Andrew Luck, but the organization knows Arians is likely to have more attractive options to explore.

League sources expect Arians to get strong consideration for the expected head coaching vacancy in San Diego, where Norv Turner is virtually assured of being let go at season's end.

Arians has a strong relationship with Chargers defensive coordinator John Pagano, Chuck's brother, and San Diego's brass might be inclined to keep Pagano and other members of the staff as it has been impressed with how the Chargers' defense and special teams have performed.

Getting quarterback Philip Rivers and the offense back on track is the main chore, and Arians has a history of working well with quarterbacks, including Luck, Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning.

The 60-year-old Arians mulled retirement last offseason after it was clear he would not be returning to the Steelers but has always harbored hopes of being an NFL head coach according to those close to him. At this stage of his career, this might be Arians' best shot.

For now, Arians is focused solely on getting the Colts to the postseason and handing over the best team possible to Pagano, who could be back on the sideline by Week 17. But Arians will have some big decisions to make this offseason.

Staying with Luck, and a team with which he has developed an indelible bond in the wake of Pagano's illness, will be a strong pull on Arians. But with as many as 10 jobs possibly opening, it would be surprising if Arians doesn't interview for at least a few of those vacancies.
https://twitter.com/UTKevinAcee

Quote:
UTKevinAcee‏@UTKevinAcee
@rjmazahreh: Kevin, rumors this morning re: Bruce Arians r disheartening.” >Speculation @ this point, but he has to be considered. Has to.
Quote:
UTKevinAcee‏@UTKevinAcee
@MassGeneralBolt I don't believe that is anything more than speculation, but it is good speculation. He will be considered strongly.

carry on!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
The old thread had choices from a year ago.

Charger fans are another year wiser, and there are new options available.

If your guy isn't on the list, post him up. I only had room for 10 candidates.

it is really a toss up Nick Saban or John Gruden i have to go Nick Saban the hot hand wins John Gruden has taken the John madden approach

1st Marcus Mariota QB
2nd ANDRUS PEAT LT
3rd Charlie Tua'ua NT
4th Connor Hamlett TE
5th SHAWN OAKMAN DE
Old 12-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super.Chargers View Post
it is really a toss up Nick Saban or John Gruden i have to go Nick Saban the hot hand wins John Gruden has taken the John madden approach
So now you're changing it from Del Rio to Saben???
Old 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM
All-Pro

Bruce Arians might be the perfect fit...the key is whether he will install an offensive scheme and let a coordinator execute it.

That is one thing that ticks me off about Norv, too many times after a 3 and out or a turnover, Norv is caucusing with PR rather than managing the game (while the D is on the field)
Old 12-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56lightsout56 View Post
I don't know how this guy couldn't at least get a good strong look, what he's been able to do there is pretty impressive even if it is just 1 season.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:31 PM
All-Pro

I would also like to see Gus Bradley get a look...
Old 12-16-2012, 02:49 PM
All-Pro

Has Hokie been mentioned yet? I'm not sure if thats his name - the Michigan Coach he was at San Diego State before Michigan. *I am no evaluator of head coach talent - just throwing it out there*

Also Chucky gruden is a popularity contest looks like to me not necessarily best candidate but maybe i;m wrong