Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Offseason Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
A football game has ebbs and flows. But watching these 2 teams the only thing i noticed is, they are far superior coached teams than us. We crawled into a hole and died against a bad team
The proof will be painfully obvious when we are 12-4 next season. (Assuming we don't hire another retread with a sub .500 career record.)
Old 12-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Well, nice comeback by NE but that FG should do it for the 9ers...
Old 12-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I hate my Username

Great game.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Hall of Famer

I have serious 49ers 'envy'. That team plays football the way I wish the Chargers would. However, lets keep in mind that it got really bad for the 49ers before it was as good as it is. Lots of crummy seasons had them in position to stock that team with good talent. But they made the most of their picks and the tree is now bearing fruit. Which is why I think AJ Smith needs to go at the end of the season.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruX View Post
I have serious 49ers 'envy'. That team plays football the way I wish the Chargers would. However, lets keep in mind that it got really bad for the 49ers before it was as good as it is. Lots of crummy seasons had them in position to stock that team with good talent. But they made the most of their picks and the tree is now bearing fruit. Which is why I think AJ Smith needs to go at the end of the season.
I wasn't impressed with the 49ers at all. The defense let up in the second half and they almost blew the game. Playing zone/prevent defense against Brady is a dumb idea regardless of the size of the lead. Brady is the type of QB that can pick that defense apart. Once the Patriots start rolling, it is hard to stop them. The 49ers basically gave the Patriots' tricycle a push, and the Patriots took it from there. Peddling away to an almost come from behind victory.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
I wasn't impressed with the 49ers at all. The defense let up in the second half and they almost blew the game. Playing zone/prevent defense against Brady is a dumb idea regardless of the size of the lead. Brady is the type of QB that can pick that defense apart. Once the Patriots start rolling, it is hard to stop them. The 49ers basically gave the Patriots' tricycle a push, and the Patriots took it from there. Peddling away to an almost come from behind victory.
Here I thought that the 49ers won.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
I am impressed and I will tell you why. They went into New England and won. Maybe they didnt play as well in the second half. But when they needed a big return and a big TD late they got it. End results may not have been pretty but they played well more of a complete football game then we have played in quite some time. We went into Cleveland and scored 6 points. New England is an offensive powerhouse and to go up there and win anyway is impressive. When was the last time we beat a Brady lead patriots team?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Rookie

Thank you 49ers for the second seed!!! Niners will be real superbowl contenders as kapernick gets more game reps in the coming years.