Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 08:54 PM

Why was the Marucci thread locked up? His interest in the Chargers is pretty important if you ask me and definitely worth discussing.

And please don't tell me if that it was locked up because of Marucci denying it publicly. Does anyone here honestly think that a person employed by the NFL would openly admit to the public that he's interested in a HC gig that is currently occupied?

Last edited by Weddle46; 12-23-2012 at 08:59 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
Does anyone here honestly think that a person employed by the NFL would openly admit to the public that he's interested in a HC gig that is currently occupied?
If it's not openly admitted to the public, then it's unsubstantiated rumor.

Mooch has denied saying it, therefore, until he does make a statement it's nothing more than a rumor.

Feel free to discuss the Mooch angle in the "If Norv gets fired, who takes over?" thread.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:23 PM

The moderators on this site are among the worst when it comes to merging and moving threads. Like seriously, what the hell is the point?!

I recently started a thread to see about how people feel about Rivers going forward and of course it was moved to the QB section which approximately 3-5 people may be see. So that means that a thread about our 5th string CB Brandon Carr can be shown in GD but now a thread about the our franchise QB Phillip Rivers?

What the hell is the point of having the QB talk section for the forum? Maybe make that into only QBs of other teams. OUR QB and QB problems should have his own thread in the GD.

And again, the General Discussion section isn't all that fun now anyway. Its not like there are so many exciting threads going on that it can't handle another topic. Most of the threads there are about Norv & AJ and their departure...would it hurt to change it up and make one about Rivers? I just wanted to see how people feel about Rivers and if they are still content him as our QB of the future.

That's one of the main reasons this forum is losing members. It used to be cool and everything and we can discuss matters but now the moderators just want to merge and move everything. I would say that 90% of threads created during a week is merged and moved at least once.

Look, I know what its like being a mod. I am a mod on a different forum. And I understand how the moderators here ban people and infract people for no reason or stupid reasons because it is fun! It really is. I understand that because I do that myself on the other forum. When someone has a different opinion than me and seems to be winning the argument, just ban them! I do it all the time and its fun because then they will come back and start asking why we banned them and its all cute and everything. For example, I am a big Alvin Gentry fan so as soon as someone starts saying that he's a bad coach or something, I just ban them. Saves me time and negative things about him aren't put out there. I know there are moderators on here who do the same thing and its pretty funny.

But what's the fun in merging threads? I never really did that unless the same topic kept being created over and over again. And most of the time I didn't care cause a forum is supposed to be about discussion so it doesn't make sense to just lock one up or move it into a place where no one else will see it. If I want to make a fire Norv thread right now, then I should be able to without it being moved to the billion page AJ/Norv thread.

The mods here need to understand one thing: If the posters here don't like a thread, they will ignore it and it will eventually die down on its own. That's how it is at every forum. You guys don't seem to understand that easy concept. If a thread about the same thing is being created over and over again, guess what? The posters won't post in some of them so they will die down.

A lot of CMB members are leaving this place for BoltBeat and other forums. I don't want to have to do that because this place used to be fun at one point unless some certain mods with temperament mood swings were put in charge. Why can't we just go back to it being ChargerTom, Tomlinson21 and the other few?

I understand that there is a online petition brewing against the mods of the CMB, hopefully that picks up and solves these problems. But just like the Chargers, the problems here start at the top...the webmaster here imo doesn't care enough and is making bad decisions in hiring moderators

OK now I know for a fact that I haven't broke a single rule in this post at all but I'm 70% positive that I will get banned or get an infraction for posting this because I am speaking the truth and calling out the mods which they don't want. This post will likely also get deleted as soon as mod spots it but its ok, I have saved it on Microsoft Word
Old 12-23-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
If it's not openly admitted to the public, then it's unsubstantiated rumor.

Mooch has denied saying it, therefore, until he does make a statement it's nothing more than a rumor.

Feel free to discuss the Mooch angle in the "If Norv gets fired, who takes over?" thread.
But then Spanos has already came out and said that he hasn't even thought about firing Norv or AJ yet.

Why is there a thread about "if Norv is fired" in the GD then?

At this point, Norv and AJ being fired are as much a rumor as Marucci being interested in our HC gig is. Their both "unsubstantiated rumors"
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
But then Spanos has already came out and said that he hasn't even thought about firing Norv or AJ yet.

Why is there a thread about "if Norv is fired" in the GD then?

At this point, Norv and AJ being fired are as much a rumor as Marucci being interested in our HC gig is. Their both "unsubstantiated rumors"
Two reasons.

One, the word "IF".

Two, last year Spanos said there was an expectation that Aj and Norv would improve in their job performances. Either that, or there would be changes made to the organization.

AJ may have improved his position, thru his free agent pickups and his draft this year.

Norv, not so much. I completely expect Norv to be gone at the end of the year. But until then, it goes back to the "IF".

Should we have a dedicated thread in the main forum for every single coaching candidate on the market? That's the reason that "IF" thread was created. If he's replaced, who do you want to see take over. If you want to talk about Mooch, you can do it there.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Two reasons.

One, the word "IF".

Two, last year Spanos said there was an expectation that Aj and Norv would improve in their job performances. Either that, or there would be changes made to the organization.

AJ may have improved his position, thru his free agent pickups and his draft this year.

Norv, not so much. I completely expect Norv to be gone at the end of the year. But until then, it goes back to the "IF".

Should we have a dedicated thread in the main forum for every single coaching candidate on the market? That's the reason that "IF" thread was created. If he's replaced, who do you want to see take over. If you want to talk about Mooch, you can do it there.
YES! Or at least "legitimate" coaching candidates.

There are probably only about 5 or 6 of them right now. What's wrong with them having separate threads into all of it being smashed into one giant thread? Our HC position is pretty important and candidates for it deserve their own thread.

I guarantee you that if we put it to a vote, most of the members here would agree with me as well.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0ChargersG0 View Post
Legitimate as defined by whom? You? Me? Someone else?

For every pick you can come up with, there will be people who agree, or who will say "no way".
Old 12-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
The moderators on this site are among the worst when it comes to merging and moving threads. Like seriously, what the hell is the point?!

I recently started a thread to see about how people feel about Rivers going forward and of course it was moved to the QB section which approximately 3-5 people may be see. So that means that a thread about our 5th string CB Brandon Carr can be shown in GD but now a thread about the our franchise QB Phillip Rivers?

What the hell is the point of having the QB talk section for the forum? Maybe make that into only QBs of other teams. OUR QB and QB problems should have his own thread in the GD.

And again, the General Discussion section isn't all that fun now anyway. Its not like there are so many exciting threads going on that it can't handle another topic. Most of the threads there are about Norv & AJ and their departure...would it hurt to change it up and make one about Rivers? I just wanted to see how people feel about Rivers and if they are still content him as our QB of the future.

That's one of the main reasons this forum is losing members. It used to be cool and everything and we can discuss matters but now the moderators just want to merge and move everything. I would say that 90% of threads created during a week is merged and moved at least once.

Look, I know what its like being a mod. I am a mod on a different forum. And I understand how the moderators here ban people and infract people for no reason or stupid reasons because it is fun! It really is. I understand that because I do that myself on the other forum. When someone has a different opinion than me and seems to be winning the argument, just ban them! I do it all the time and its fun because then they will come back and start asking why we banned them and its all cute and everything. For example, I am a big Alvin Gentry fan so as soon as someone starts saying that he's a bad coach or something, I just ban them. Saves me time and negative things about him aren't put out there. I know there are moderators on here who do the same thing and its pretty funny.

But what's the fun in merging threads? I never really did that unless the same topic kept being created over and over again. And most of the time I didn't care cause a forum is supposed to be about discussion so it doesn't make sense to just lock one up or move it into a place where no one else will see it. If I want to make a fire Norv thread right now, then I should be able to without it being moved to the billion page AJ/Norv thread.

The mods here need to understand one thing: If the posters here don't like a thread, they will ignore it and it will eventually die down on its own. That's how it is at every forum. You guys don't seem to understand that easy concept. If a thread about the same thing is being created over and over again, guess what? The posters won't post in some of them so they will die down.

A lot of CMB members are leaving this place for BoltBeat and other forums. I don't want to have to do that because this place used to be fun at one point unless some certain mods with temperament mood swings were put in charge. Why can't we just go back to it being ChargerTom, Tomlinson21 and the other few?

I understand that there is a online petition brewing against the mods of the CMB, hopefully that picks up and solves these problems. But just like the Chargers, the problems here start at the top...the webmaster here imo doesn't care enough and is making bad decisions in hiring moderators

OK now I know for a fact that I haven't broke a single rule in this post at all but I'm 70% positive that I will get banned or get an infraction for posting this because I am speaking the truth and calling out the mods which they don't want. This post will likely also get deleted as soon as mod spots it but its ok, I have saved it on Microsoft Word
Thank you for that well thought out post.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:

There are probably only about 5 or 6 of them right now. What's wrong with them having separate threads into all of it being smashed into one giant thread? Our HC position is pretty important and candidates for it deserve their own thread.

I guarantee you that if we put it to a vote, most of the members here would agree with me as well.
How is it legitimate??? That's why there's a thread. I've read about 15 new coaches names put in. Imagine if everyone would just start a thread that their choice of HC should be selected. One. It would turn into a flame fest if another poster disagrees. And two, it would bump other threads to the next pages. Try the new post feature on the top. You can see all the current threads.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Moderator of Delusions

You spent time on your posts so I am going to sopend time resopnding to it. I think you are off base. By a lot. I am sorry if any of this offends you. But I figured since you can dish it out you should be able take it too. We are not perfect. I have made mistakes. I've let my emotions get the best of me in dealling with a few here. But we need to address your complaints. Note: these are my opinions. Not all the other mods will agree.

Quote:
Everything has history. You should know that. If there is a QB section, then there was reason for its creation. QB talk is a heavily discussed IMO. I'm sure there was a request by members to find it easier to look for specific topics. That is how the whole board is arranged. Want to talk smack? guess what? there is a place for it. Frankly, I think this portion of your post is nothing more then a cry for attention. You are complaining not because the post was moved but because you think it will die too soon and your posts are too good for that.

Quote:

This I get. But lets face it. With each passing week everyone and their mother wanted to start a post about AJ or Norv, or both. You really want to see 35 threads all discussing the the same thing in the GD page? The fact is, if you haven't noticed btw we have not been merging threads at the rate you think. "If norv is fired,, who takes his place", Norv wouldn't mind being an OC", Dean, AJ, Norv", If Norv is fired", When do we fire the new HC", "How would you feel if Norv and AJ won a SB..", What to do with AJ", "Acee then two more changes", A new philosophy". All but one an open thread, and all really the same topic. One is closed because though it was meant in humor, it turned into a bash thread. Oldschoolbolts was disappointed, but understood why it was closed. We have backed off since the Cleveland game. We heard the complaints. Joel has even asked for us to let more of it go as much as possible as long as it did not violate forum rules. We have even backed off on the bans. We are all trying to follow the same set of guidelines.

Quote:

What you do is no proof for how others operate. I do not operate anywhere near what you do or why. Its not even something I want to do. I want people to stay, to posts, to express themselves, to give thier opinions, and provide what knowledge they have about football and the game. The more the better. So banning people just to do it, or just to piss people off is lame and counter productive. I have learned more about football in the past 6 years from this board then I have my whole life. Why would I want to alter that?
Further, note that the majority of bans and infractions all occur during or just after a game. Why? Simply a lack of self control. Emotions running amock. All we ask is that people express themselves within the forum rules. There are plenty of folks here that do that. DDMALO is awesome at it the vast majority of the time. That guy can cut deep, yet stay in bounds. We give infractions when people violate the rules period. 90% of the time it comes after a warning. They want to continue down that path well then they get what they are asking for. Lashing out at the mods because people can't express themselves in more creative ways is well.. childish IMO. But I'm an old guy, so I'm a little biased.

Quote:
Quote:
Its not fun merging threads. But as shown above even you have a reason for doing it. Ours is the same. (Its the same topic). So why is it alright for you but not us? The forum is pretty easy to get around in. Point and click. I do not see how "no one else will see it" can be a valid argument. Frankly, I think all this merging, deleting, and lock ups, will die down once the season is over. It's been a horrible year for Bolt fans. But change is coming. So stick around. I think things will get better and you being a part of it makes it all the better.

I will finish next post