Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
I always thought kevin zeitler was a better prospect than decastro coming out of college playing almost as dominant against better competition. Looked average tonight though from the few snaps I saw.
lets not get cute, yes on warmack in the first.
Better competition? You realize Zeitler played in the Big 10 right?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
The top OT in the whole class is Luke Joeckel (Texas AM), but we probably won't pick high enough for him. After that, Taylor Lewan (Michigan) and Eric Fisher (Central Michigan) are the two solid first round prospects.

The best 2nd round OT in my opinion in Oday Aboushi (Virginia). Lane Johnson (Oklahoma) has been getting a lot of love lately but I can't claim to have watched him specifically. D.J. Fluker (Alabama) might also be an option. The two 2nd round cornerbacks I like are Jordan Poyer (Oregon State) and Desmond Trufant (Washington).

In the 3rd round, I really don't know what direction to go for an OT unless someone falls unexpectedly. Kyle Long (Oregon) is getting some hype, but SDF61 would probably know more about that. Perhaps Brennan Williams (North Carolina) as he has dropped due to injury. My favorite 3rd round cornerback option is Logan Ryan (Rutgers) by a wide margin.

There aren't many mid round guards I like. Braxton Cave (Notre Dame) could be a 4th round option, but he's a center. Maybe Gabe Jackson (Mississippi State) or Alvin Bailey (Arkansas) if they're there.

As for 5th round linebackers, Kiko Alonso (Oregon) and Kevin Reddick (North Carolina) are good ILB prospects if they last that long. As I think of OLB prospects that could possibly last that long, Michael Buchanan (Illinois) stands out.
Thanks for the info!
Lots to consider.
GO BOLTZ!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:49 AM
He's Alive, Jim.

Chalk up the Bills for a trade up to Geno: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...or-qb-in-draft
Old 12-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Chalk up the Bills for a trade up to Geno: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...or-qb-in-draft
I'm wondering if they're not just screwing with everyone. Why would they be so open about their draft intentions?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:00 PM
He's Alive, Jim.

Quote:
I'm wondering if they're not just screwing with everyone. Why would they be so open about their draft intentions?
I'd imagine Nix would be in AJs spot next year if they don't pick up some momentum in their record. Hit 'em with our best shot kind of attitude

Could be worse...we could be Bills fans...
Old 12-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Obviously were still unsure where the Chargers are going to pick, and who is going to pick what, however nice to look at options even this early.

What would you rate them as in importance, any other suggestions? I left out DL because we have picked one early the last three years and already have a good rotation.

Draft First round:

What do you guys think about:

Chance Warmack OG /DeMilliner CB/Jake Mathews OT/Luke Joeckel OT as a pick.

Second Round

Eric Fisher OT/G, Lane Johnson OT, Xavier Rhodes CB, Shayne Skov ILB, Jonathan Cooper G/C, Tavon Austin WR.

Third Round
Mike Gillislee RB, Leon McFadden CB (might be a 4th round pick), Mario Benavides C, Marcus Davis WR.

Thoughts Opinions?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundiego View Post
Obviously were still unsure where the Chargers are going to pick, and who is going to pick what, however nice to look at options even this early.

What would you rate them as in importance, any other suggestions? I left out DL because we have picked one early the last three years and already have a good rotation.

Draft First round:

Second Round

Eric Fisher OT/G, Lane Johnson OT, Xavier Rhodes CB, Shayne Skov ILB, Jonathan Cooper G/C, Tavon Austin WR.

Third Round
Mike Gillislee RB, Leon McFadden CB (might be a 4th round pick), Mario Benavides C, Marcus Davis WR.

Thoughts Opinions?
i like it, just put skov on the third along with the adding of logan ryan CB and then move mcfadden and marcus david to the 4th and add ezekiel ansah on the 2nd round
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Shock and Awe

Quote:

Draft First round:

Second Round

Third Round

Thoughts Opinions?
Few observations: Eric Fisher is a top 3 tackle in this draft. He won't be there in the 2nd.

Tavon Austin will probably go late first.

I might get branded for being a homer for saying this: but Leon Mcdadden is better than most on this board want to admit. He's worth a 3rd.
3. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
4. Dakota Dozier - OG - Furman
5. Devin Street - WR - Pittsburgh
6. Kenny Ladler - DB - Vanderbilt
7. Spencer Shuey - 34ILB - Clemson
Old 12-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:

Draft First round:

Second Round

Third Round

Thoughts Opinions?
I think the bolded would be reaches in the top ten.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I think the bolded would be reaches in the top ten.
So, I might be roasted for this mock but I like it..

Trade down with Buffalo so they can get their QB and get an extra 3rd.

1st - Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan
2nd - Ezekiel Ansah OLB, BYU
3rd - Shayne Skov ILB, Stanford
3rd - Bacarri Rambo S, Georgia
4th - Daniel McCullers NT, Tennessee
5th - Landry Jones QB, Oklahoma
6th - Michael Dyer RB, Arkasas Pinebluff
7th - Jay Prosch FB, Auburn