Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who do you want as our new HC, if Norv is replaced?
Ken Whisenhunt 22 6.67%
Chip Kelly 52 15.76%
Pat Shurmer 0 0%
Bruce Arian 61 18.48%
Andy Reid 21 6.36%
Vic Fangio 9 2.73%
Mike Zimmer 21 6.36%
Mike Holmgren 17 5.15%
Jon Gruden 115 34.85%
Lovie Smith 12 3.64%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Bolted @ Birth

We should all take turns coaching a game. I've got dibs on the first one in 2013. On a serious note, the only coach I like on that list (Gruden) say's he has no interest in coaching again. His TV gig pays well and is much less stressful.

Last edited by crixus; 12-17-2012 at 10:06 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 05:32 AM
Hall of Famer

I'd say bring Marty back (AJ will be gone, right?), let Cam Cameron call plays as OC.

Pagano should stay and grow as DC. As well as Rich Bisaccia as ST.

My take is Bisaccia will replace Norv.
Although I'd say if there's writings in the wall that Norv will be gone, Bisaccia should get his chance these next 2 games...
Old 12-18-2012, 06:03 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbie View Post
I'd say bring Marty back (AJ will be gone, right?), let Cam Cameron call plays as OC.

Although I'd say if there's writings in the wall that Norv will be gone, Bisaccia should get his chance these next 2 games...
Man, I hope you are wrong...there is no way Norv gets fired before the season ends and Bisaccia gets the job whe Dean had a chance to audition him for a few games it would really accentuate how poorly the FO operates...
Old 12-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Known as "HelpMeOut"!

Gentlemen

It has come to pass that Norv Turner needs to be replaced, but the question still remains. Who replaces Norv turner?

In light of this question, I have decided that I will put in for the job of coaching the San Diego Chargers. My credentials couldn't be more impressive.

I have had years of success on Madden Football with an extensive stent on ESPNs 2K5. This past year alone I have taken the Chargers to the Super Bowl and won. My impressive play calling has lead me to many victories and I had not once had a losing season.

I have learned from the Master himself "Madden" about which plays to call on any given down, the "Ask Madden" button has given me the edge on many plays and his guidance has paved the way for me taking over the Chargers in real life.

I am also a "Yes Man", I will follow any orders given to me to the letter. I know this is an important part of working with the Chargers organization. I won't question coaching staff decisions. I will take whoever I am told to take, and I will make sure any players drafted will meet standards. I won't ask for top tear talent and I won't cry about losing probowlers. I know it's important to win in the NFL with players that are cheap as possible. I will be able to do just that. I will also not care about fans, as that seems important as well. I also come cheap!

Please accept this as my official resume for the head coaching job. I look forward to AJ Smiths response.
“There is a sense of urgency. I think you can only say 'We're close' and 'We're building' for so long. At some point we're built, let's go. It's time now to be one of those teams that are battling through January" Philip Rivers.

"Bird goes Tweet" Patrick the Conure.
Yes, he is my bird!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbie View Post

IIRC, Bisaccia was supposed to be one of the top dudes to be considered for a head coaching job in the league.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 AM
of Raider Hater Nation

I really want a defensive minded head coach.

First game attended: Chargers beat Joe Namath and the world champion Jets, 28 Sept 1969.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDevil6110 View Post
Man, I hope you are wrong...there is no way Norv gets fired before the season ends and Bisaccia gets the job whe Dean had a chance to audition him for a few games it would really accentuate how poorly the FO operates...
I agree with you. That is why I wanted them to fire Norv and promote Bisaccia to see if there is any positive change in the team. Of course the message that has popped on the CMB was, "who would run the offense?". I don't have an answer for that and it would have been a valid question to ask. If Norv was fired, then who runs the offense?
Old 12-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
I really want a defensive minded head coach.
I have changed my mind on this. I want a head coach who delegates authority. I don't want a head coach to have his hands in only one aspect of the team. I want him to oversee his entire staff and look at the big picture. He can direct his staff as he sees fit, but I don't want him to get caught up in the day to day minutia that his coaching staff should be handling.

The defense for this team is playing okay at times. The offense really has problems. If the Chargers insist on hiring a new HC who has a specialty in only one area of the game, I would rather have it be on offense.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
I agree with you. That is why I wanted them to fire Norv and promote Bisaccia to see if there is any positive change in the team. Of course the message that has popped on the CMB was, "who would run the offense?". I don't have an answer for that and it would have been a valid question to ask. If Norv was fired, then who runs the offense?
Oftentimes interim coaches do get positive results, but don't turn out to be good head coaches. Look at Crennell last year. Firing Haley and promoting Romeo galvanized the team, but come 2013 he showed he really wasn't up to the task.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:31 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
I have changed my mind on this. I want a head coach who delegates authority. I don't want a head coach to have his hands in only one aspect of the team. I want him to oversee his entire staff and look at the big picture. He can direct his staff as he sees fit, but I don't want him to get caught up in the day to day minutia that his coaching staff should be handling.

The defense for this team is playing okay at times. The offense really has problems. If the Chargers insist on hiring a new HC who has a specialty in only one area of the game, I would rather have it be on offense.
Almost every NFL head coach available has a specialty in only one area of the game. There aren't many (or any) guys with offensive and defensive NFL backgrounds. What you want to avoid is a guy who insists on running every aspect of his side of the ball right on down to playcalling on Sundays.