Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Rookie

Trade down and get more picks and still get a quality OT. I think that is best option if Joeckel isn't there and #6-8 is too high for Lewan or Matthews.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintLB8 View Post
Trade down and get more picks and still get a quality OT. I think that is best option if Joeckel isn't there and #6-8 is too high for Lewan or Matthews.
I'm down as long as we don't have to trade down too far. Staying in the top 12 would still keep us in range for Lewan or Fisher in all likelihood. Moving farther down than that could mean that we're out of luck.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
I'm down as long as we don't have to trade down too far. Staying in the top 12 would still keep us in range for Lewan or Fisher in all likelihood. Moving farther down than that could mean that we're out of luck.
Exactly. I was thinking like #10 with the Bills maybe. 10-12 would be perfect range for Lewan IMO. I want a fun prospect like Milliner, Te'o, Werner, or Star but OL is too important to pass up in the first unless an elite prospect like Star were to fall in our lap. Got to go with your head, not your heart sometimes.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Rookie

Anybody like to give name position n teams on there top ten
Old 12-19-2012, 10:55 AM
All-Pro

After watching the videos on the site, Alex Okafor is piquing my interest with the 2nd round pick assuming he's there. With all of the pass rushers available, he just might drop. I like how they use him a lot to rush the inside which has developed his hands.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/alex-okafor

If the Bolts pick high enough to grab Joeckel, who would you guys take over Okafor if he's available in the 2nd? Joeckel+Okafor seems like a good win.

Last edited by physicsgeek; 12-19-2012 at 11:01 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsgeek View Post
After watching the videos on the site, Alex Okafor is piquing my interest with the 2nd round pick assuming he's there. With all of the pass rushers available, he just might drop. I like how they use him a lot to rush the inside which has developed his hands.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/alex-okafor

If the Bolts pick high enough to grab Joeckel, who would you guys take over Okafor if he's available in the 2nd? Joeckel+Okafor seems like a good win.
I wouldn't mind Okafor in the 2nd. Most of the pass rushers that I would prefer over him are quite unlikely to be there.

But I have been thinking that Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd could be one of our better options, especially if we keep Phillips. He should be completely ready to go for the 2013 season and it's not as though his lisfranc injury is something that generally affects guys long term. That would free up our 2nd round pick to take the best talent that falls (Barrett Jones, Tyler Eifert, Xavier Rhodes, etc.).
Old 12-19-2012, 11:18 AM
All-Pro

I have to catch-up, haven't seen Brandon Jenkins yet. Xavier Rhodes was on my radar since last season though, he has the physical traits to be pretty effective. I wouldn't be opposed to your proposed idea though taking him in the 2nd.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsgeek View Post
I have to catch-up, haven't seen Brandon Jenkins yet. Xavier Rhodes was on my radar since last season though, he has the physical traits to be pretty effective. I wouldn't be opposed to your proposed idea though taking him in the 2nd.
Here's the skinny on Jenkins:

2010- Terrorizes the ACC at 6'3" 235 lbs. Lightning fast first step allows him to record 21.5 TFL, 13.5 sacks, and 4 QB hurries. Leaps to the top of whichever pass rusher class he chooses to come out in.

2011- Adds about 25 lbs in the offseason in order to round out his game. He takes time to adjust to the added weight, but still flashes that edge rushing prowess from a year earlier. Still comes away with 12 TFL, 8 sacks, and 5 hurries. Looked strong down the stretch (like he had adjusted to his new playing weight).

2012- Suffers a season-ending lisfranc sprain in week one. Recorded one TFL and 1 sack before going down.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Hall of Famer

I throw one out-

Sheldon Richardson (Missouri) 6'4 295 - 75 tackles-10.5 for loss-4 sacks-3 forced fumbles-1 blocked FG- 60yrd return for TD. He has a motor, but shoulder injury in 11'. I live here and seen this guy every game, he has a motor, just does not seem to have enough discipline at times.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:57 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Here's the skinny on Jenkins:

2010- Terrorizes the ACC at 6'3" 235 lbs. Lightning fast first step allows him to record 21.5 TFL, 13.5 sacks, and 4 QB hurries. Leaps to the top of whichever pass rusher class he chooses to come out in.

2011- Adds about 25 lbs in the offseason in order to round out his game. He takes time to adjust to the added weight, but still flashes that edge rushing prowess from a year earlier. Still comes away with 12 TFL, 8 sacks, and 5 hurries. Looked strong down the stretch (like he had adjusted to his new playing weight).

2012- Suffers a season-ending lisfranc sprain in week one. Recorded one TFL and 1 sack before going down.
Oh I liked him, forgot he was the FSU rusher Carradine stepped in for (also unfortunate). Would not mind at all spending a 3rd rounder in the slightest. Joeckel+Rhodes+Jenkins would be phenomenal.

Last edited by physicsgeek; 12-19-2012 at 12:00 PM..