Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Biggest fan in AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerz1206 View Post
Call me crazy but one team's trash is another team's treasure. AJ has always jacked us by trading away players (too many to count), who have turned out to excel on other teams. Maybe the Chargers need to take a chance on Tebow. I know folks be hatin on the brotha but he is a GAMER. It's not necessarily about stats, so much as it is about winning and losing. When he was in Denver, he won. His teammates loved him and rallied around him, bringing up their play. He is a fullback in a QB's body and right now is the time to strike because he's unhappy in NYC and Rivers is getting worse, not better. I think we could get him at a good price. Rivers doesn't have any competition so he is not fully vested in fixing his mistakes. Bring in Tebow and actually work with him and play him and that will force Rivers to bring up his play. We also need to draft some corn fed boys from the SEC and the ACC to shore up or even replace our offensive line.
Please tell me this is a joke
Old 12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerz1206 View Post
Call me crazy but one team's trash is another team's treasure. AJ has always jacked us by trading away players (too many to count), who have turned out to excel on other teams. Maybe the Chargers need to take a chance on Tebow. I know folks be hatin on the brotha but he is a GAMER. It's not necessarily about stats, so much as it is about winning and losing. When he was in Denver, he won. His teammates loved him and rallied around him, bringing up their play. He is a fullback in a QB's body and right now is the time to strike because he's unhappy in NYC and Rivers is getting worse, not better. I think we could get him at a good price. Rivers doesn't have any competition so he is not fully vested in fixing his mistakes. Bring in Tebow and actually work with him and play him and that will force Rivers to bring up his play. We also need to draft some corn fed boys from the SEC and the ACC to shore up or even replace our offensive line.
You mean he is a fullback in a fullback's body, right? Nothing about his build screams QB to me.. Nothing about his throwing ability screams QB to me. Don't get wrong, I love Tebow.. But I dont know if he will ever be an NFL QB again. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:28 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va Bolt View Post
W/ a new coaching system likely.The Chargers have to look at that option.Say the Cheifs give you the 1st pic and a 2nd rounder for Rivers.Having 2 high 1st round pics will give you lots of bargianing power.W/ the way the Charger's salary issues are.Trading Rivers for the right deal could make this transition to a winner again much faster.
We'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for Rivers, let alone the first overall pick and a second rounder.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-jaxdabeast View Post
We'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for Rivers, let alone the first overall pick and a second rounder.
Haha, got to love people's wishful thinking. I do tend to get more towards the Madden video game way of thinking when it comes to FA, the draft, and trading for and away players so I can't say much. Just try to keep it realistic is possible.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintLB8 View Post
Haha, got to love people's wishful thinking. I do tend to get more towards the Madden video game way of thinking when it comes to FA, the draft, and trading for and away players so I can't say much. Just try to keep it realistic is possible.
Maybe said posters thought there was a Hue Jackson-like GM/Coach on every other NFL team. On a more serious note, Rivers' trade value is at an all-time low right now and his play has been trending downward for the past two years. I don't think many teams are looking for a QB on the backside of his career unless the already has all-pros in other positions. Then again, Rivers couldn't win when he had such a supporting cast (see more playoff INTs than TDs).

Last edited by ChargerBlue78; 12-20-2012 at 03:53 AM..
Old 12-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Hall of Famer

You look at the QBs in this years draft and the QBs on the Cheif's roster,I think we all agree that Rivers is a far better option.