Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Time4aRing's Avatar
Time4aRing Time4aRing is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delta
Posts: 9,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargergrove View Post
If your referring to cornerback I agree we need to.upgrade they were my concern coming into the season and they give up too many critical completions in crunch time but I see us filling that through free agency and with the safety position bigby is a fa but I rather have Lynch in that spot
Generally speaking, the outside in a 3-4 defense are your outside backers and corners. To build a great 4-3, you really need to build the middle ie. MLB, DT, SS. To build a great 3-4, you need either stud CBs or stud rush OLBs. We have neither. So while a SS is a need, it is low on the list for me. And it should be for the Chargers.
__________________
Updated Mock v4.2.21
----------------------------------------------------
1. Kyle Fuller _-CB-_ Va Tech
2. Marcus Smith _-34OLB-_ Louisville
3.
Jon Halapio _-OG-_ Florida
4. Marcus Martin _-C-_ USC
5. Josh Huff _-WR-_ Oregon
6. Deandre Coleman _-34DE-_ Cal

7. Jemea Thomas _-CB-_ GT
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Kemp17's Avatar
Kemp17 Kemp17 is online now
Bolo Knows
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zootown
Posts: 14,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargergrove View Post
If your referring to cornerback I agree we need to.upgrade they were my concern coming into the season and they give up too many critical completions in crunch time but I see us filling that through free agency and with the safety position bigby is a fa but I rather have Lynch in that spot
Bigby is under contract for 2013. Lynch, however, is a free agent.
__________________
Mock

1. J. Verrett, CB, TCU
2. D. Adams, WR, Fr. State
3. D. Jones, DL, Penn State
4. J. Gayle, OLB, Va. Tech
5. J. Urschel, C, Penn State
6. J. Brown, WR, Pitt. State
7. R. Groy, G, Wisconsin

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Time4aRing's Avatar
Time4aRing Time4aRing is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delta
Posts: 9,983
Default

One thing to note: This should be a very good class for safeties, so if we picked one, I wouldn't be terribly upset, I just think we have more pressing needs, at least in the first 3 rounds.
__________________
Updated Mock v4.2.21
----------------------------------------------------
1. Kyle Fuller _-CB-_ Va Tech
2. Marcus Smith _-34OLB-_ Louisville
3.
Jon Halapio _-OG-_ Florida
4. Marcus Martin _-C-_ USC
5. Josh Huff _-WR-_ Oregon
6. Deandre Coleman _-34DE-_ Cal

7. Jemea Thomas _-CB-_ GT
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Kemp17's Avatar
Kemp17 Kemp17 is online now
Bolo Knows
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zootown
Posts: 14,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
One thing to note: This should be a very good class for safeties, so if we picked one, I wouldn't be terribly upset, I just think we have more pressing needs, at least in the first 3 rounds.
I'm sure A.J. & Co saw it coming that 2013 would be a good class of safeties. Makes me wonder why the heck he traded up for a middling talent like Taylor. He would have been better off to just count on Bigby and Lynch, while looking forward to a class that actually offered multiple good prospects.
__________________
Mock

1. J. Verrett, CB, TCU
2. D. Adams, WR, Fr. State
3. D. Jones, DL, Penn State
4. J. Gayle, OLB, Va. Tech
5. J. Urschel, C, Penn State
6. J. Brown, WR, Pitt. State
7. R. Groy, G, Wisconsin

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM
WootMonkey WootMonkey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North Park
Posts: 11,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
I'm sure A.J. & Co saw it coming that 2013 would be a good class of safeties. Makes me wonder why the heck he traded up for a middling talent like Taylor. He would have been better off to just count on Bigby and Lynch, while looking forward to a class that actually offered multiple good prospects.
I really think that sometimes AJ can't help himself
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Bama-Bolt's Avatar
Bama-Bolt Bama-Bolt is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
Generally speaking, the outside in a 3-4 defense are your outside backers and corners. To build a great 4-3, you really need to build the middle ie. MLB, DT, SS. To build a great 3-4, you need either stud CBs or stud rush OLBs. We have neither. So while a SS is a need, it is low on the list for me. And it should be for the Chargers.
I'd say round 1 needs to be OL help, round 2 needs to be OLB, and round 3 needs to be ILB. FA I believe they should add more OL help, a solid corner, and a speed, receiving running back.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-19-2012, 05:21 PM
JammerHammer23's Avatar
JammerHammer23 JammerHammer23 is online now
Draft This Man
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ???
Posts: 24,158
Default

Elam is great, but too many concerns. People saying they didn't like Taylor in college have to remember he didn't play SS there at all times, often he played deep back.
__________________

sean of BSX
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Time4aRing's Avatar
Time4aRing Time4aRing is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delta
Posts: 9,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintLB8 View Post
I'd say round 1 needs to be OL help, round 2 needs to be OLB, and round 3 needs to be ILB. FA I believe they should add more OL help, a solid corner, and a speed, receiving running back.
Can't stick to one position. Gotta go BPA at a position of need. You can place OL/pass rush as your top needs, but if there is a blue chipper at another position, you gotta take him.
__________________
Updated Mock v4.2.21
----------------------------------------------------
1. Kyle Fuller _-CB-_ Va Tech
2. Marcus Smith _-34OLB-_ Louisville
3.
Jon Halapio _-OG-_ Florida
4. Marcus Martin _-C-_ USC
5. Josh Huff _-WR-_ Oregon
6. Deandre Coleman _-34DE-_ Cal

7. Jemea Thomas _-CB-_ GT
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 PM
chargergrove's Avatar
chargergrove chargergrove is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: west memphis
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
Generally speaking, the outside in a 3-4 defense are your outside backers and corners. To build a great 4-3, you really need to build the middle ie. MLB, DT, SS. To build a great 3-4, you need either stud CBs or stud rush OLBs. We have neither. So while a SS is a need, it is low on the list for me. And it should be for the Chargers.
I know what your talking bout but I feel we are going to bring SP back on a 2 or 3yr deal and draft olb in round 3 or 4 I just see Elam as a playmaker and game changer type of player I say OT with 1st pick and then BPA for the rest
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
MrNAFTA's Avatar
MrNAFTA MrNAFTA is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 3,235
Default

phillip thomas...turnover machine next to weddle
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:28 PM.


© 2012 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.