Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > So you think you're funny?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Optimistic pessimist

We can always bring in Cam to be OC and if Battle is having a monster of a first half he can sit him for the second half in a close game like he did with LT against the Pats.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Boo first. Think later.

This should be in around the NFL. Kaeding is no a Charger :P (ps. I don't really care, and I think this was a funny thread)

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau

"Where as I was not incorrect, they did not mean what I thought they had meant." -Charlie Sanders

Old 12-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Boo first. Think later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
We can always bring in Cam to be OC and if Battle is having a monster of a first half he can sit him for the second half in a close game like he did with LT against the Pats.
Well done.

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau

"Where as I was not incorrect, they did not mean what I thought they had meant." -Charlie Sanders

Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Cro must be playing for a contract. That guy will be broke less than 5 years after he leaves the game.

TIM TEBOW FOR PRESIDENT!

GREAT JOB MR. SPANOS! I fully support the hires of Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy. You can count on this fan being in the stadium.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCthatsme View Post
Cro must be playing for a contract. That guy will be broke less than 5 years after he leaves the game.
i hope, for his sake, his kids don't dream of college.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Cro is due to make some major money in upcoming seasons. I'll give him credit. He's worked hard and played well. Here's his contract figures per RotoWorld.

2012: $3.8 million (+ $3 million roster bonus),
2013: $7 million (+ $2.3 million roster bonus + $200,000 workout bonus),
2014: $4.3 million (+ $5 million roster bonus + $200,000 workout bonus),
2015: Free Agent
Old 12-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
may not take 5 years. but you can say that about nearly 80% of nfl players so nothing unusual there
Old 12-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsrback View Post
Its simple. Special teams blunders of old have been replaced by Rivers pick sixs or turnovers on our side of the field giving the opposition a short field to work with.

The secondary is a joke and the same OLBs cant get to the QB. Everyone thinks this D is better, but is it? Better than what? This is a 6-10 team at best. The turnovers are killers and hurt, but at some point this defense could have stopped someone when we had a lead in the fourth quarter and didnt.

This is a bottom third defense with a dead last offense.
Not really. The defense has played bad in some games but this season they have played well. They are not bottom third. This season falls more on the offense than it does the defense. The defense played well enough to win games and then some, the offense did not. Sounds your bitter about the season and are taking it out on the wrong unit. Just because someone is on a bad team doesn't make them bad.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 PM
1976 Grey Cup Winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTALLDAY View Post
while your at it aj bring back eric parker to drop game winning passes
Sorry, Meachum has that spot wrapped up.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
actually were a 7-9 team at best.
I already gave the Chargers credit for losing to the Jets, so there is no way they can be 7-9.

Im not mad at this team,they are exactly what I thought they would be when they hired Norv.

Its amazing this offense isnt dead last in the NFL. Its pathetic to watch and more often than not a liability. We might have a few more wins if the offense stayed on the sideline this year and we punted instead. That being said I just dont see this defense being anything special. I think people are longing for a playmaker like Merriman or Jamal Williams, you know a player who makes everyone around him better. We dont have that guy on defense.

Weddle is good, Jammer is too old, Cason has to play ten yards off to have a shot, Takeo was done three years ago, Butler has a hard time staying healthy, Reyes and Ingram might be difference makers, and the rest are good solid rotation or back up guys. I didnt mention Philips because he wont be a Charger next year.

Anyhow its going to take Manning retiring before this team wins the AFC West again, even then it might not matter this team has so many holes to fill.

Bah! Humbug!