Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What's on my mind???
"Chop's warpaint > Paper bags, and is Alice Cooper approved" 3 5.56%
"Here is your cat crap sandwich" 4 7.41%
Will the LPTC ride again?....And will they be fueled by bacon? 3 5.56%
When should we permaban Gooey? 3 5.56%
dekk is master of the ponys 4 7.41%
Are we there yet, and is there any Bacon left??? 14 25.93%
This thread's still here??? 23 42.59%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #23341  
Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is online now
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 60,835
Default

So my day started out interesting.

Went to start my truck, and nothing. Wouldn't turn over, wouldn't even click. Over a foot of snow on the ground. Yay.

Called my buddy at the local tire shop, and asked him to come over and give me a jump. Wifes car is in the shop, and she had my truck. So he comes over, we hook it up. Nothing.

We drag it over to his shop with his Jeep, and put it up on the hoist.

The nut on the starter had completely backed off, and the battery cable was just hanging under the Suburban.

Simple fix. Put the cable back on, started right up. He didn't charge me anything for the fix.

So I went and bought 3 dozen donuts for the shop. Made their morning.
__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!
  #23342  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:15 PM
23skidoo's Avatar
23skidoo 23skidoo is offline
Potatohead's nightmare
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 12,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
So my day started out interesting.

Went to start my truck, and nothing. Wouldn't turn over, wouldn't even click. Over a foot of snow on the ground. Yay.

Called my buddy at the local tire shop, and asked him to come over and give me a jump. Wifes car is in the shop, and she had my truck. So he comes over, we hook it up. Nothing.

We drag it over to his shop with his Jeep, and put it up on the hoist.

The nut on the starter had completely backed off, and the battery cable was just hanging under the Suburban.

Simple fix. Put the cable back on, started right up. He didn't charge me anything for the fix.

So I went and bought 3 dozen donuts for the shop. Made their morning.
The starter nuts on Fords are made out a special ore that just so happens to be mined on the moon and they never come loose. You've probably never heard of it, it's called Chevyssucktanium.

No comment on the other Chevy in the shop...
__________________
  #23343  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Shamrock's Avatar
Shamrock Shamrock is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Alamo
Posts: 60,232
Default

The Mother of all Sand Storms blew through Odessa today ..... peak wind gust ...


51 MPH

__________________
© Nonsense News Network

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
  #23344  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Shamrock's Avatar
Shamrock Shamrock is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Alamo
Posts: 60,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The starter nuts on Fords are made out a special ore that just so happens to be mined on the moon and they never come loose. You've probably never heard of it, it's called Chevyssucktanium.

No comment on the other Chevy in the shop...
Hellz to the Yes !
__________________
© Nonsense News Network

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
  #23345  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 PM
23skidoo's Avatar
23skidoo 23skidoo is offline
Potatohead's nightmare
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 12,896
Default

Evening Shammy.

I really hope the Bolts get as many of these young players some game time in the last couple of games as they can. I'd like to see more of Mouton, and L. Green. Wouldn't mind seeing Baker called up from the PS if it doesn't adversely impact our options to put him back there next year. Wright should see a bunch of time as well considering the FA situation of our corners.
__________________
  #23346  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Shamrock's Avatar
Shamrock Shamrock is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Alamo
Posts: 60,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Evening Shammy.

I really hope the Bolts get as many of these young players some game time in the last couple of games as they can. I'd like to see more of Mouton, and L. Green. Wouldn't mind seeing Baker called up from the PS if it doesn't adversely impact our options to put him back there next year. Wright should see a bunch of time as well considering the FA situation of our corners.
Hey ski !

I'd like to see more of the young guys too ..... pacstud has been trying to talk me into a road trip to SD for the Choketown Faiders game ... and I was actually considering it, but really don't think I can get the time off work. Also found out I've got tickets now to a Spurs game in late January, so will need a couple days off for that too.
__________________
© Nonsense News Network

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
  #23347  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:47 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is online now
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 60,835
Default

Who they playing, Shammy?
__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!
  #23348  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Shamrock's Avatar
Shamrock Shamrock is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Alamo
Posts: 60,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Who they playing, Shammy?
Suns ..... Saturday, Jan 26th .... I think.

I've seen them in the Alamodome, but never made it to a game at the ATT Center.
__________________
© Nonsense News Network

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
  #23349  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 PM
23skidoo's Avatar
23skidoo 23skidoo is offline
Potatohead's nightmare
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 12,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Hey ski !

I'd like to see more of the young guys too ..... pacstud has been trying to talk me into a road trip to SD for the Choketown Faiders game ... and I was actually considering it, but really don't think I can get the time off work. Also found out I've got tickets now to a Spurs game in late January, so will need a couple days off for that too.
If you find the time, you won't have any issues getting tickets. Come to think of it, please find a way to make it out we're going to need as many Bolts fans as we can get to fend off all the thugs in Black and Silver.

I haven't kept up with the spurs. Is Kawhi doing anything for you guys this year?
__________________
  #23350  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Shamrock's Avatar
Shamrock Shamrock is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Alamo
Posts: 60,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post


I haven't kept up with the spurs. Is Kawhi doing anything for you guys this year?
Spurs were red hot until about a week ago, but have dumped a few on the road.

Leonard has been out injured for about 3-4 weeks.
__________________
© Nonsense News Network

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 AM.


© 2012 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.