Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > So you think you're funny?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsrback View Post
Isn't Nate the greatest kicker in NFL history???? How can he still be unemployed? Is it because his stats are bogus and most of his kicks came from inside the 40? Or is it because the guy cant kick it past the goal line on kick offs? Or is it simply a matter of the guy being a CHOKER.

I hate Nate and knew he wouldn't be picked up right away. His stats are like our defensive stats this season, OVER RATED! Any average kicker can rack up the stats like he did. Kicking here half the season from the ten yard line no less. How many game winning field goals did he have here? I can only think of one.

They will lose to the Jets and beat the Raiders as usual to end the misery known as NOrv Turner on a positive note.
This so, so wrong.

Our defensive stats are underrated this year. If Rivers wasn't a turnover machine and constantly putting his defense in bad situations, they would be ranked even higher than they currently are.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Isn't Nate the greatest kicker in NFL history???? How can he still be unemployed? Is it because his stats are bogus and most of his kicks came from inside the 40? Or is it because the guy cant kick it past the goal line on kick offs? Or is it simply a matter of the guy being a CHOKER.

I hate Nate and knew he wouldn't be picked up right away. His stats are like our defensive stats this season, OVER RATED! Any average kicker can rack up the stats like he did. Kicking here half the season from the ten yard line no less. How many game winning field goals did he have here? I can only think of one.

They will lose to the Jets and beat the Raiders as usual to end the misery known as NOrv Turner on a positive note.
Quote:
Its simple. Special teams blunders of old have been replaced by Rivers pick sixs or turnovers on our side of the field giving the opposition a short field to work with.

The secondary is a joke and the same OLBs cant get to the QB. Everyone thinks this D is better, but is it? Better than what? This is a 6-10 team at best. The turnovers are killers and hurt, but at some point this defense could have stopped someone when we had a lead in the fourth quarter and didnt.

This is a bottom third defense with a dead last offense.
Quote:
I already gave the Chargers credit for losing to the Jets, so there is no way they can be 7-9.

Im not mad at this team,they are exactly what I thought they would be when they hired Norv.

Its amazing this offense isnt dead last in the NFL. Its pathetic to watch and more often than not a liability. We might have a few more wins if the offense stayed on the sideline this year and we punted instead. That being said I just dont see this defense being anything special. I think people are longing for a playmaker like Merriman or Jamal Williams, you know a player who makes everyone around him better. We dont have that guy on defense.

Weddle is good, Jammer is too old, Cason has to play ten yards off to have a shot, Takeo was done three years ago, Butler has a hard time staying healthy, Reyes and Ingram might be difference makers, and the rest are good solid rotation or back up guys. I didnt mention Philips because he wont be a Charger next year.

Anyhow its going to take Manning retiring before this team wins the AFC West again, even then it might not matter this team has so many holes to fill.

Bah! Humbug!
You seem a bit heated.

Have you tried the new butterscotch chill pills? Four of them, and we're a playoff team.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
You seem a bit heated.

Have you tried the new butterscotch chill pills? Four of them, and we're a playoff team.
I would prefer menthol to go with my flu that has turned into pneumonia.

Bitter? Maaaybeee. Sick YES.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
You seem a bit heated.

Reality check. This D is OVER RATED.

35 points in the last two 1st quarters, pathetic.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 PM

He finally got picked by Miami.