Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Rek's Avatar
Rek Rek is offline
I hate my Username
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,653
Default

Went back to 07 in UDFAs and the only one I can see is Tolzien.

I might have missed one but it's likely you're misremembering.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 PM
EpikCharger760's Avatar
EpikCharger760 EpikCharger760 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 499
Default

I really wish we had kept Tolzien.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-19-2012, 04:02 PM
G0ChargersG0 G0ChargersG0 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Grenada
Posts: 1,672
Default

Another waste of a draft pick.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-19-2012, 04:11 PM
chargersfan85's Avatar
chargersfan85 chargersfan85 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Marietta
Posts: 3,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0ChargersG0 View Post
Another waste of a draft pick.
If you are talking about Tolzien he wasnt drafted. If you are talking about Crompton I would have to agree
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Libbie's Avatar
Libbie Libbie is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Monrovia
Posts: 3,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
Went back to 07 in UDFAs and the only one I can see is Tolzien.

I might have missed one but it's likely you're misremembering.
Tolzien were UDFA (in 2011, not 07), the OP stated that this QB was drafted...
However, none of them are 6-10.

I remember Crompton because he was a 5th rd pick, and one of the writer in SI.com wrote that he would be a steal of the draft, diamond in the rough, etc etc etc...

If this guy was drafted in 07, plays QB, and is 6'10" tall then the OP was referring to somebody else I couldn't remember at all...
__________________
“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.” — Auric Goldfinger
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Teddly45's Avatar
Teddly45 Teddly45 is offline
Not as lean, Not as mean
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpikCharger760 View Post
I really wish we had kept Tolzien.

I wish we had kept him also. He looked like he had a pretty good arm preseason in 2010. Instead we kept recycled Billy volek, then got rid of him a brought another recycled Whitehurst. No young talent to build on. I thought Tolzien had a good arm, definitely better than Rivers. Now we have to go outside to find a future QB and start from scratch.

As an aside, you see how smooth and effortless the delivery of Kaepernick is and you compare it to Phillip Rivers' struggling delivery. That says it all as to why Rivers is picked so often.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-20-2012, 03:44 AM
ChargerBlue78's Avatar
ChargerBlue78 ChargerBlue78 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddly45 View Post
As an aside, you see how smooth and effortless the delivery of Kaepernick is and you compare it to Phillip Rivers' struggling delivery. That says it all as to why Rivers is picked so often.


Yup, River's delivery is definitely the cause this interception right here. Now, I agree that Rivers tends to throw up jump balls now and again, but most of his interceptions lie with issues inbetween his ears.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Tybat Tybat is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Poquoson
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerBlue78 View Post

Yup, River's delivery is definitely the cause this interception right here. Now, I agree that Rivers tends to throw up jump balls now and again, but most of his interceptions lie with issues inbetween his ears.
Watching this INT a dozen times, I do not believe that Rivers was making a bad decision on this throw. If he had gotten a little more air under this throw, only the reciever would have had a shot at it. It was just a terrible throw that had nothing to do with arm strenth or thowing motion. The problem (as I see it) is that Rivers was throwing on the run. I bet that is something that is hardly ever practiced.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:22 PM
MrNAFTA's Avatar
MrNAFTA MrNAFTA is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 3,382
Default

Jaws said Crompton was his no.1 sleeper, no one said he was the best in the draft, it was Sam Bradford's draft...think he's still a FA after the Skins dumped him. They didn't need him after they got Cousins.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-21-2012, 01:52 AM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
Breather maybe, coach?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 8,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybat View Post
Watching this INT a dozen times, I do not believe that Rivers was making a bad decision on this throw. If he had gotten a little more air under this throw, only the reciever would have had a shot at it. It was just a terrible throw that had nothing to do with arm strenth or thowing motion. The problem (as I see it) is that Rivers was throwing on the run. I bet that is something that is hardly ever practiced.
Jaw on floor at this post.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
__________________
President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

(aka Factless, Clueless, Agenda Driven, Myopic, Ball Watching
Chargersfan).


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 AM.


© 2012 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.