Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 04:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Big4U View Post
You see the raiders get in a good draft pick spot the last couple years, hasn't helped them. Go out swinging I do not want to lose to the raiders. Its called pride
That is because the Raiders have drafted poorly. Still, the higher up in the draft the better. There is much less chance of missing on a pick, plus with the new rookie salary structure a missed pick doesn't hurt as much financially.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:49 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgeek View Post
pride kinda went out the door this year with that 2nd half embarassment to the Broncos. 24 point lead. on Monday night. at home.

yep pride hit the floor running.
If the team had any pride they wouldn't have fallen apart.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpimpc View Post
Go Bolts I love you N.H.
a winning streak requires at least two wins.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Big4U View Post
You see the raiders get in a good draft pick spot the last couple years, hasn't helped them. Go out swinging I do not want to lose to the raiders. Its called pride
I could see wanting to win for pride or because you dislike the teams, But there is no augment you can make that picking earlier in the draft don't improve your chances of landing a solid player. Because it's false.

And using Al Davis picks as the basis for you augment even further destroys any credibility.

I am torn because I dislike the raiders and the jets. But at the sametime lower draft picks can really help my chargers for years to come. Winning is nice but if anything just hurts there chances later down the road. It's that's math and indisputable as long as your gm don't waste your chances away.

I know before it's said that no mater how early you pick it's never a sure thing. But if your trying to roll a 6 on a dice, Don't attempt to tell me that rolling one dice is just as good as getting to roll two dice. Fact going from 20ish to top five your chances are doubled.

With Byron Jerideau being able to lift 500+ pounds could he Chokeslam two O-line men?
Old 12-22-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
I hope not. The Chargers need to lose in order to stay ahead of the Jets in the draft. It doesn't do any good to pad Norv's record for meaningless games this season. It doesn't do any good to pad Rivers' stats. It is over with, done. Drop the last two games, draft wisely and come back next season to fight to get into the playoffs. Winning the last two games of the season doesn't help the Chargers in any way shape or form.

I am not a Rivers fan he needs to be benched. If he some how gets hurt people won't be happy. They don't want to see Brees part II.

Anyone who was critical for Marty playing Brees in a meaningless end of season game, should be pushing for Rivers to be benched for the rest of this season. Consistency.
^^this. IMO it's absurd that anyone would still want to win football games so we can get a pick in early to late teens again.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolbolts View Post
I could see wanting to win for pride or because you dislike the teams, But there is no augment you can make that picking earlier in the draft don't improve your chances of landing a solid player. Because it's false.

And using Al Davis picks as the basis for you augment even further destroys any credibility.

I am torn because I dislike the raiders and the jets. But at the sametime lower draft picks can really help my chargers for years to come. Winning is nice but if anything just hurts there chances later down the road. It's that's math and indisputable as long as your gm don't waste your chances away.

I know before it's said that no mater how early you pick it's never a sure thing. But if your trying to roll a 6 on a dice, Don't attempt to tell me that rolling one dice is just as good as getting to roll two dice. Fact going from 20ish to top five your chances are doubled.
I dont know if one win or loss will make much, if any difference in our draft next April. It depends on alot of things and could require alot of research. It could turn out the "guy" we want will be available at slot 5 or slot 15, or maybe he could be the "guy" who the team right in front of us picks.
JUST DONT TRADE DOWN FOR SOMEONE WHO IS INJURY PRONE LIKE MATHEWS. !!!!

I've got my big boy pants on today, I'm not afraid to admit it. I have been hoping for losses all season and into last season. Several reasons, I KNEW we wouldn't go to the playoffs anyways, and we were going to lose most of those games anyways,

and I KNEW it was inevitable that Norv would be gone, and the sooner he is, the sooner we can get back on to trying to win a super bowl, something thousands of lifetime Charger fans deserve.

If anyone doesnt like the idea of "ever" rooting for your team to lose, too bad, its reality. I also can email those people a list of all the other PC things to do and say in public, private and while snoring. GOT BALLS? Stand up and admit you wanted the bolts to lose this year, IF thats where your stance was.

For me its been like going to the dentist when he is out of novacaine (pain killer), if making it hurt more makes it end sooner, fine, LEAN INTO THE PAIN.

Now that it appears inevitable, we are getting a new HC at minimum next year, the clouds are finally clearing, SD is getting a hint of sunshine and warm weather again, with possible dry thunder storms in a super bowl !
Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
Still, the higher up in the draft the better. There is much less chance of missing on a pick, plus with the new rookie salary structure a missed pick doesn't hurt as much financially.
It's not a guarantee that the draft pick will be good. Besides, you can still find a good pick in the lower positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolbolts View Post
You play for pride because you'll know what you have to work with and build on going into the next season. Purposely losing won't provide that.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Born & Raised Bandwagoner

with Norv, and likely AJ, gone for next year; losing out isn't going to hurt any building that may be going on for next year.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:39 PM
I am Cap'n Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
It's not a guarantee that the draft pick will be good. Besides, you can still find a good pick in the lower positions.

You play for pride because you'll know what you have to work with and build on going into the next season. Purposely losing won't provide that.
I'm sure the Colts were playing for pride last year... And I'm sure they are looking back on last year while they prepare for the playoffs this year...

Old 12-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Veteran

I'm all for losing against the Jets, but I don't think I could ever hope for the Raiders to beat us.

Twitter