Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Oh, you guys post whatever you want. But DON'T let Tom see you posting bad about Coryell. Oh, he would have a fit.

Shhhhhhhhhh.
Coryell was great, to bad the front office messed him over. By not signing there star defense players, and not drafting defense guys.

With Byron Jerideau being able to lift 500+ pounds could he Chokeslam two O-line men?
Old 12-23-2012, 03:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermouse View Post
It's a waste of time as in you're letting the sport affect you emotionally in your personal life. When I post on this message board, it is simply a type of recreational activity. Feeling bitterness toward two people you don't even know is kinda pointless imo, but you're right, I can't tell you how to feel. Btw, bitterness is not an opinion, it's akin to an emotion. But I won't tell you to relax
I try not to let the chargers effect me, I do get mad some Sunday's and everyone knows to stay away from me lol.

But it's not the sport that effects me emotionally, It's deeper then that, the Chargers have always been part of my life, I have baby pictures wearing charger gear. I don't think it was even possible for me to not get attached on some level.

What keeps me a fan is emotions, my family and myself at games. Most whom are gone. I can see if you became a fan later in life or whatever.

But for myself I was a victim I was attached at 5 or 6 years old before I had a clue how hard it is being a lifelong chargers fan.

The chargers don't make me cry by anymeans but the make me mad and sad, But that's ok they make me happy here and there to. By the way if they don't make you happy or excited (emotions) I don't even see the point in watching them.

With Byron Jerideau being able to lift 500+ pounds could he Chokeslam two O-line men?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Norv coming soon to a team near you, to offer his condolences during the post game presser when your team loses and he will offer up that your opponent played at a high level and his team was not ready to play a full game. Norv is Norv.

The great N-oracle will predict a team playing at a very high level and one that will play a complete game to win the SB!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Hall of Famer

What I don't get is how people now after several dismal seasons with the Chargers, how people would still want Norv as an OC even. The Chargers offense is pretty lackluster, especially in the last few years.

The great N-oracle will predict a team playing at a very high level and one that will play a complete game to win the SB!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Veteran

Hey Norv, do me a favor and get Danario A the ball............alot! I'm in the super bowl today and I need you to actually do one positive thing this year before you become a permanent OC.
Thank You
Old 12-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Hall of Famer

The Norv era started when Marty forced the hand of Mgmt by promoting his brother to DC. The Chargers were late to the table to get a new coach - so rather slim picking availalble. That being said I've never thought that picking Norv was a good idea. He showed to be an awful HC @ both OAK & WASH. The book on him is exactly what we got - teams become increasingly less focused, coming from ahead to lose, lack of passion. So - on one hand I can't blame Norv for what happened - it's like asking a lion to become a vegetarian - we got what he is. I can also say that Norv has not altered his approach - and took a great, disciplined team and did not get them to the next level - perhaps some reflection on why he failed previously would have helped. Ultimately - this falls on Spanos. He knew the book on Norv when he hired him - and then elected to keep Norv on a number of times despite the results being EXACTLY what was expected. If you're willing to fire Marty S after a 14-2 season why should you have retained Norv after an 8-8 season that the only reason we got into the playoffs was that the Donks collapsed? Spanos continues to value continuity over making a bold move. Continuity is good if you have the right people and organization (Steelers, Pats, Ravens) if you don't you need to figure out how to get there. It means having a good FO and then a coaching ladder in place. Going with retreads such as Norv is not going to get you there.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Coryell 81 View Post
Norv coming soon to a team near you, to offer his condolences during the post game presser when your team loses and he will offer up that your opponent played at a high level and his team was not ready to play a full game. Norv is Norv.
Norv will have a job long before the Chargers find a new HC. Book it.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:43 AM

Yea I don't think the Jets will be interested in Norv's services anymore
Old 12-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolbolts View Post
Coryell was great, to bad the front office messed him over. By not signing there star defense players, and not drafting defense guys.
He lost O-line as well. Fouts threw most of his pics in 85-86 I think, after he lost his o-line.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Norv will have a job long before the Chargers find a new HC. Book it.
there's a sucker born every minute