Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you still believe in Rivers?
Yes 39 60.94%
Yes but we should still trade/sign/draft a QB 17 26.56%
No and we should trade/sign/draft a QB as replacment 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Realist or Pessimist?

Sort of, but I believe that his best years are behind him. He likes to force passes and his arm seems to be declining. With the right talent around him I would trust him. But the real question is with Rivers at 31 years old, can we still build a competitive team around him. If not, we need to move on.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
First one in before they ban you for questioning our Franchise QB.

I still believe. I was the first to notice that Norv baby's Rivers WAY to much. PR does what he wants and it's ok. We need a coach to really keep him disciplined. Sure, the oline is a factor, but I'll take the tough coach for a root problem answer.
In before Freak whines about mods...oh, wait...nevermind.

And to answer the OP, no. I think he's done. He'll pop a few good games, but is permanently anti-clutch now.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Hall of Famer

I say yes,but not in a Bolts uni.I feel when Norv goes.The FO will likey look at trade possiblities and if Norv goes as a OC in a place like KC,he'll try to get Rivers as his QB.W/ KC likely to have the #1 pic.Wouldn't surprise me to see this happens.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va Bolt View Post
I say yes,but not in a Bolts uni.I feel when Norv goes.The FO will likey look at trade possiblities and if Norv goes as a OC in a place like KC,he'll try to get Rivers as his QB.W/ KC likely to have the #1 pic.Wouldn't surprise me to see this happens.
The team takes a 6 million dollar hit if they trade Rivers.

He isn't going anywhere.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Bad News Bear

It's not time to go out and get another QB yet. Philip's replacement is not out there yet, regardless of whether or not Rivers has it. As has been said many many times, surround him with an offensive line and see if he still has it. If he doesn't then we'll have a nice high pick to spend in a draft that will have much better quarterbacking prospects than what we would have a pick of this year.

Stick with Philip.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Hall of Famer

We've seen Rivers w/ a quality Oline and quality position players and is playoff QB rating is terrible.As long as we have Rivers,we are a 5-6+ game winning team a season.That will usually get you a pic in the middle of the draft.Not the best place to collect your franchise QB(not saying you can't but unlikely).
Why not move Rivers and possibly Gates for a 1st and 2nd round pic and start to rebuild the Oline w/ quality high round pics or FA Olineman.Bring in a journeyman type QB(Kyle Orton) and make this O a running O 1st.We need to get this Mathews kid a good chance to see if we keep him.If Mathews is a bust?/?We'll likely be like the Cheifs and end up w/ a high 1st round pic the next couple years.By then the Peyton/Denver era willbe coming to a close.KC will likely have lost alot of their talent,and Oak,well?
Sorry but I see todays Chargers O not even close to Denver's O and it'll take more than 1 offseason to fix.Lets make a move that gives us the most options in FA and the draft to rebuild this O.Even if it cost us PR,Gates,ect,ect
Old 12-23-2012, 05:53 PM
All-Pro

The question now becomes, will they have a high enough pick to help build an o-line around Rivers next season?

I've seen plenty of mocks where LT's were gone in the top 12. Truth be told, with the talent pool and needs of certain teams, that wouldn't be much of a reach.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Possibly, Maybe, I Dunno.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
In before Freak whines about mods...oh, wait...nevermind.

And to answer the OP, no. I think he's done. He'll pop a few good games, but is permanently anti-clutch now.
You went after PR AND Freak in the same post ???

North Pole Mods, recommend pacstud goes on the naughty list and receives a lump of coal tonight. That should straighten him out for the New Year.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsgeek View Post
The question now becomes, will they have a high enough pick to help build an o-line around Rivers next season?

I've seen plenty of mocks where LT's were gone in the top 12. Truth be told, with the talent pool and needs of certain teams, that wouldn't be much of a reach.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk.
Those are mocks. Can't really tell what people are gonna do until after combine and FA. Teams like Philly, ARZ and Miami are teams that are mocked to take a LT. What if jake long is retained? And philly has 2 great OTs, but theyre just injured, so I kinda doubt they take joeckel top 5, but they might. If dee milliner shoots up draft boards, philly just might go with him, especially if nnamdi is cut. Also, if barkley looks incredible at the combine, arz may draft him with their pick. In this scenario, the top lts all drop to us. Of course, this is very optimistic, but we can't really tell what teams are gonna take who at this point, outside of a few, like geno smith to KC, Jarvis Jones to Jacksonville, some LT to ST. Louis etc.