Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
You can quote me on this but Arians will be a very poor for for SD. Have you seen Indy play this season?

They keep every single game close and then in a way get lucky at the end. I don't think they have bad even 1 double digit win this year.

Even against the lowly Cheifs it was a really close game.

Agreed that you don't get any extra merit for blowing teams out and I won't mind getting a SB win even if its by 1 point but I don't think Arians can keep up this success of winning all these close games. Right now he has Andrew Luck and a dynamic offense winning games for him but in SD that won't be the case.

Plus Arians is a very soft spoken guy. I don't want that. I want a big tough guy.

There may be a reason why Arians has never gotten a HC gig in his 60+ years of life.
I haven't watched the Colts this season but Irsay's no dummy and I bet he does what he has to to keep Arians around. Pagano is not out of the woods health wise.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
You can quote me on this but Arians will be a very poor for for SD. Have you seen Indy play this season?

They keep every single game close and then in a way get lucky at the end. I don't think they have bad even 1 double digit win this year.

Agreed that you don't get any extra merit for blowing teams out and I won't mind getting a SB win even if its by 1 point but I don't think Arians can keep up this success of winning all these close games. Right now he has Andrew Luck and a dynamic offense winning games for him but in SD that won't be the case.

Plus Arians is a very soft spoken guy. I don't want that. I want a big tough guy.

There may be a reason why Arians has never gotten a HC gig in his 60+ years of life.
Arians may end up being a terrible fit here...hard to say. That said, Arians deserves a ton of credit for leading the Colts to where they are. The way I see it, a win is a win. This team has simply stunk in close games. I'll take any coach and GM combo that can consistently lead this team to victory and make us serious contenders in January.

Arians seems the least disruptive coach to bring in here. That may or may not be a good thing. The other guys I mentioned (Zimmer, Moss, etc.) would demand an immediate culture change.

I have to say Ray Horton could be a very interesting hire. He's gotten through to the Cardinals D. He's highly respected and is the only coach I'm aware of with the stones to wear dreads. He'll be interviewed by a few teams in January.

Whoever we tab as coach has to be able to get through to the players and re-energize this fan base. It's going to be interesting to see what direction we go with regard to GM and HC.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:53 AM

That's exactly it, we need a culture change. The culture in the Chargers locked room is one of a non playoff team. We need to change that.

And I would rather choose Vic Fangio than Ray Horton to be honest. I think Fangio can develop Ingram into the best pass rusher in the NFL.

Gus Bradley also wouldn't be a bad choice.

Last edited by Weddle46; 12-24-2012 at 01:36 AM..
Old 12-24-2012, 01:38 AM
Lol....

Quote:
I have watched our defense this season and I know I'm going to a lot of slack and hate for this from fellow posters but I feel like we have gotten lucky defensively.

We force really easy turnovers where the offensive player just makes stupid decisions. Or our secondary will leave a guy completely open and the QB will miss it. Things like that but I don't think our D is bad either though.
You can say this for about every defense in the NFL, if offensive players didn't make mistakes and bad decisions there wouldn't be turnovers. You ever thought that the defense may be forcing the offense into making these mistakes?

Would be a mistake to let Pagano go IMO, he's doing great as a first time D coordinator with a relatively young defense.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

The Colts may be getting a little lucky. I think it was Kemp that pointed out that they actually have a negative point differential and that is the stat that correlates the best with win percentage. The Colts are an aberration this season. I'm sure that team is playing with a little something extra each week for their coach too.

That said, the Colts have achieved a lot this season with mediocre-at-best personnel and the ability to win close games often comes with a mindset. Arians deserves a lot of credit for his part in instilling that mindset IMO. He also deserves a lot of credit for his work with Luck. Yeah, he was an elite prospect coming out but all the raw potential in the world means nothing without the proper guidence. He would be a great choice to help Rivers elevate his game to where it used to be. Throw in his familiarity with the Pagano's and the likelihood of keeping John and he's a very appealing candidate.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:54 AM
RIP Seau

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
The Colts may be getting a little lucky. I think it was Kemp that pointed out that they actually have a negative point differential and that is the stat that correlates the best with win percentage. The Colts are an aberration this season. I'm sure that team is playing with a little something extra each week for their coach too.

That said, the Colts have achieved a lot this season with mediocre-at-best personnel and the ability to win close games often comes with a mindset. Arians deserves a lot of credit for his part in instilling that mindset IMO. He also deserves a lot of credit for his work with Luck. Yeah, he was an elite prospect coming out but all the raw potential in the world means nothing without the proper guidence. He would be a great choice to help Rivers elevate his game to where it used to be. Throw in his familiarity with the Pagano's and the likelihood of keeping John and he's a very appealing candidate.
The Colts just have an easy schedule. I bet no one knew that Luck has more picks than even Rivers right now. They didn't have to come back against elite teams.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Hall of Famer

The Colts will be PO fodder...one and done.

GO BOLTS !
Old 12-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Taking it Too Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMelHo View Post
The Colts just have an easy schedule. I bet no one knew that Luck has more picks than even Rivers right now. They didn't have to come back against elite teams.

He has more TD's too though.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Taking it Too Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
The Colts will be PO fodder...one and done.

GO BOLTS !

This season? Maybe. But they are a young team and gaining this kind of experience is going to serve this team well going forward. Plus, they will have at least one more playoff game than the Bolts had this year!

Arians with our Pagano seems like the kind of smooth transition that Dean-o would like.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Optimistic pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAHawkeyes View Post
This season? Maybe. But they are a young team and gaining this kind of experience is going to serve this team well going forward. Plus, they will have at least one more playoff game than the Bolts had this year!

Arians with our Pagano seems like the kind of smooth transition that Dean-o would like.
Plus they have the lowest payroll in the NFL. Lots of money to spend if they want on some key FAs

I'm talking about the colts