Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0ChargersG0 View Post
A lot of CMB members are leaving this place for BoltBeat and other forums.

And there they will find what? verbal abuse, getting banned because you think Gentry sucks, getting cussed at, ganged up on, belittled because your knowledge of football is not up to par? No thanks.

Quote:
I understand that there is a online petition brewing against the mods of the CMB, hopefully that picks up and solves these problems. But just like the Chargers, the problems here start at the top...the webmaster here imo doesn't care enough and is making bad decisions in hiring moderators

Joel, as mentioned above is already talking to us. We are not hired. this is all volunteered time and effort. Think about that for minute. We are here dispite the complaints and misconceptions.
I think the Chargers website is one of the best there is. You can thank Joel for that.

Quote:
OK now I know for a fact that I haven't broke a single rule in this post at all but I'm 70% positive that I will get banned or get an infraction for posting this because I am speaking the truth and calling out the mods which they don't want. This post will likely also get deleted as soon as mod spots it but its ok, I have saved it on Microsoft Word

Still here? Believe what you want is the truth. To me you are so far off base, I could walk to first from the pitchers mound and still tag you out.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
The moderators on this site are among the worst when it comes to merging and moving threads. Like seriously, what the hell is the point?!
What forum are you a moderator on? I'd love to drop in and critique your work.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
You spent time on your posts so I am going to sopend time resopnding to it. I think you are off base. By a lot. I am sorry if any of this offends you. But I figured since you can dish it out you should be able take it too. We are not perfect. I have made mistakes. I've let my emotions get the best of me in dealling with a few here. But we need to address your complaints. Note: these are my opinions. Not all the other mods will agree.

Everything has history. You should know that. If there is a QB section, then there was reason for its creation. QB talk is a heavily discussed IMO. I'm sure there was a request by members to find it easier to look for specific topics. That is how the whole board is arranged. Want to talk smack? guess what? there is a place for it. Frankly, I think this portion of your post is nothing more then a cry for attention. You are complaining not because the post was moved but because you think it will die too soon and your posts are too good for that.
Yea the QB talk is heavily discussed but its not heavily discussed anymore because its hidden in the dungeon called "QB talks" which I bet you that less than half the forum knows about. The description for the "General Discussion" section says that everything related to the Chargers goes there...and Phillip Rivers is related to the Chargers so it should go there!

I will agree that we need a QB section. But not for Rivers. It can be used to talk about other QBs of the NFL, former QBs and possible replacements for Rivers. But in no way should it be used to discuss OUR CURRENT QB.

Let me put it this way, do you agree that the GD gets 10 times the audience that the QB section gets? Now, do you agree that Phillip Rivers and our current QBs should get discussed in the same section with a higher audience so we can get better discussions? You yourself said that you love hearing everyone else thoughts and opinions and every thing right? So then why wouldn't you want to hear as many thoughts and opinions about Rivers as you possible could get?

The smackshack, around the NFL, Padres and off topic sections all make sense to me...but QBs don't.

Quote:
This I get. But lets face it. With each passing week everyone and their mother wanted to start a post about AJ or Norv, or both. You really want to see 35 threads all discussing the the same thing in the GD page? The fact is, if you haven't noticed btw we have not been merging threads at the rate you think. "If norv is fired,, who takes his place", Norv wouldn't mind being an OC", Dean, AJ, Norv", If Norv is fired", When do we fire the new HC", "How would you feel if Norv and AJ won a SB..", What to do with AJ", "Acee then two more changes", A new philosophy". All but one an open thread, and all really the same topic. One is closed because though it was meant in humor, it turned into a bash thread. Oldschoolbolts was disappointed, but understood why it was closed. We have backed off since the Cleveland game. We heard the complaints. Joel has even asked for us to let more of it go as much as possible as long as it did not violate forum rules. We have even backed off on the bans. We are all trying to follow the same set of guidelines.
Ok lets review all the threads you just mentioned and purpose that it has.

The "If Norv is fired, who takes his place" discusses the canditates. I am actually very appreciative of this thread and I'm shocked that you didn't decide to merge it into the AJ/Nor thread. Kudos for that

"Norv wouldn't mind being an OC" this I don't really care cause its not really related to the Chargers. Obviously he wouldn't be an OC here so I don't care whether or not its merged or locked up. But that's fine cause I don't care either way.

"Dean, AJ & Norv" this thread upsets me the most. Why the hell do you need one thread for AJ and Spanos? Every AJ thread, Spanos thread and most Norv threads get put in here. THAT SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING. AJ, Spanos and Norv are all VERY important pieces of this franchise and we should have as many threads needed (as long as its not the same exact topic over and over again as in "Norv sucks' doesn't need to be there twice) to talk about them. If you want to keep it, can't you at least delete that thread and make a new one "Dean, AJ & Norv Part 2"?

At least doing that would clear up all the mess in there and would maybe prompt some more people to read that billion page thread. But of course the moderators do it on purpose because you guys are smart and know that nobody would dig through that mess. Good job, you were right but what exactly did you win here?

And if coaching canditates become popular canditates for our job then it deserves its own thread. For example, if a report comes out tomorrow saying that Jon Gruden is interested in our HC job and then another report comes out saying that Gus Bradley is interested in our HC gig and then another report comes out that Vic Fangio is interested in our HC job, are they all going to be thrown into the billion page "AJ/Norv/Dean" thread or the "If Norv is fired.." thread?

Hell no they shouldn't. Jon Gruden as a candidate should have his own thread. People should have a place to talk about him and how it would be if he was HC. Same with Bradley and Fangio. You guys let people talk about each draftee in the draft thread, so something 100 times more important like HCs should have their own thread. But I'm not saying that every canditate should have its thread, I'm only saying that those who we know for sure have an interest in SD or SD is interested in or if they get an interview with us for the job.

Quote:
What you do is no proof for how others operate. I do not operate anywhere near what you do or why. Its not even something I want to do. I want people to stay, to posts, to express themselves, to give thier opinions, and provide what knowledge they have about football and the game. The more the better. So banning people just to do it, or just to piss people off is lame and counter productive. I have learned more about football in the past 6 years from this board then I have my whole life. Why would I want to alter that?
Further, note that the majority of bans and infractions all occur during or just after a game. Why? Simply a lack of self control. Emotions running amock. All we ask is that people express themselves within the forum rules. There are plenty of folks here that do that. DDMALO is awesome at it the vast majority of the time. That guy can cut deep, yet stay in bounds. We give infractions when people violate the rules period. 90% of the time it comes after a warning. They want to continue down that path well then they get what they are asking for. Lashing out at the mods because people can't express themselves in more creative ways is well.. childish IMO. But I'm an old guy, so I'm a little biased.
Yea all the bans and infractions come after the game when the mods get trigger happy. I have seen many times a person post something during the week and not get banned for it and then I will see someone post the same exact thing after a game and they will immediately be banned for that. Us posters PM and talk to each other about the moderating on this site and what stupid thing we got banned for.

I got banned once after a game because I quoted someone who had said something like "Norv and AJ are in love with each other" All I did was say "^^POTD " and I got banned for "Encouraging a post that's against the rules" or something like that. Now was I really banned for something that stupid? Oh hell no. I was ripping apart Norv in the GD thread but I was doing it all within the rules so they couldn't ban me then so they were waiting for me to do something even remotely bad to take a shot at me. And they did and banned me. This isn't the only time, I have had many other experiences with similar crap.

But that's fine because I understand why they do it. I do the same exact thing. There are posters who piss me off on my forum so I will deliberately stalk their posts and ban them for something stupid even if its not breaking the rules or anything.

You may not do this but your fellow moderators can't say the same. But I respect you if you are truly being honest

Quote:
Its not fun merging threads. But as shown above even you have a reason for doing it. Ours is the same. (Its the same topic). So why is it alright for you but not us? The forum is pretty easy to get around in. Point and click. I do not see how "no one else will see it" can be a valid argument. Frankly, I think all this merging, deleting, and lock ups, will die down once the season is over. It's been a horrible year for Bolt fans. But change is coming. So stick around. I think things will get better and you being a part of it makes it all the better.
Read the post above which starts with "Lets review...." But again, if a thread is being duplicated, it will die down on its own. A thread about Norv being a bad HC and a thread about whether or not Norv should have been fired earlier doesn't have to be in the same thread.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 PM
~

Quote:
Yea the QB talk is heavily discussed but its not heavily discussed anymore because its hidden in the dungeon called "QB talks" which I bet you that less than half the forum knows about. The description for the "General Discussion" section says that everything related to the Chargers goes there...and Phillip Rivers is related to the Chargers so it should go there!

I will agree that we need a QB section. But not for Rivers. It can be used to talk about other QBs of the NFL, former QBs and possible replacements for Rivers. But in no way should it be used to discuss OUR CURRENT QB.

Ever try the 'New Posts' button?

It will show recent forum posts regardless of which section they are posted in.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:57 PM
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutbolAmericano View Post
Ever try the 'New Posts' button?

It will show recent forum posts regardless of which section they are posted in.

Seriously you guys need to make that a sticky in GD or at least put it in the Rules thread or something. If every new member and every current member used the "New Posts" feature they wouldn't complain about their thread being moved into another subforum.

Sig By BoltCola
Old 12-24-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:

And there they will find what? verbal abuse, getting banned because you think Gentry sucks, getting cussed at, ganged up on, belittled because your knowledge of football is not up to par? No thanks.

No I don't moderate a football forum, but there are forums with better moderation than there is here where the mods don't all try to team up and cyber bully posters, bait them and try to make every single thread which is similar because it has two or three same letters in it into one gigantic thread.

The mods here are waaay too sensitive. They take things personally and then go on ban sprees. If they don't like what their saying, some of them don't even try to argue, they just ban. Its one thing to try and argue and then when your losing, ban them but its a whole another issue when you don't argue at all or maybe post 1 or 2 things about it and then ban the person.

Quote:
Joel, as mentioned above is already talking to us. We are not hired. this is all volunteered time and effort. Think about that for minute. We are here dispite the complaints and misconceptions.
I think the Chargers website is one of the best there is. You can thank Joel for that.

Lol, you are despite all the complaints and misconceptions? If you guys did your job properly without taking advantage of being in power, then we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place would we?

I am thankful that you guys volunteer your valuable time and effort into moderating this site for the Chargers and their fans. I truly am. I understand that you can be out having with the family or going to the beach and relaxing, watching TV, drinking a few beers (even though I feel like some mods here do moderate while buzzed) and other things but instead your here trying to make CMB better.

But there are moderators here who don't understand their job. Either that or they are one of those who just wants to ruin people's days by infracting and giving bans for no legitmate reason (going by the CMB rulebook)

Quote:

Still here? Believe what you want is the truth. To me you are so far off base, I could walk to first from the pitchers mound and still tag you out.

You may be one of the few exceptions to what I was talking about. Perhaps, you are one of the only mods who actually does his job properly. Like you said earlier, you can't speak for your fellow moderators.

And btw, since you seem like a cool guy (took the time to respond to my venting which I sincerely appreciate), I have a question for you; Are we allowed to post in other threads during the game time? Because in the CMB rule book it says that we are allowed to post in other threads as long as its not too much and yet the moderator "Shamrock" bans people who post one thing on a non game day thread and then threatens to ban others who repeat doing the same. But he doesn't realize that not everyone sees his post about "banning anyone who posts in a non GD thread" because he only posts it in one thread and someone else may post on a different thread because he didn't see Shamrock's post and knows that he is allowed to do so under the rulebook but will automatically get banned.

Either you guys need to give Shamrock the rulebook or you need to change the rules. Its very misleading....and I know plenty of members on here who have gotten banned for that. Its not fair and its a clear sign that Shamrock is taking advantage of his power.

I believe someone else has tried talking to Shamrock about this but that person immediately got banned. I may also be following the same path but hopefully Shamrock doesn't see this post or one of you other moderators can control him a bit.

Thank you Totally Bolted for taking the time...I appreciate it
Old 12-24-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I got banned once after a game because I quoted someone who had said something like "Norv and AJ are in love with each other" All I did was say "^^POTD " and I got banned for "Encouraging a post that's against the rules" or something like that. Now was I really banned for something that stupid? Oh hell no. I was ripping apart Norv in the GD thread but I was doing it all within the rules so they couldn't ban me then so they were waiting for me to do something even remotely bad to take a shot at me. And they did and banned me. This isn't the only time, I have had many other experiences with similar crap.
Blatant, outright lies.

Unfortunately for you, all of your infractions and bans are kept in a permanent thread in the mod forum.

Here's a novel approach you might try, and should understand, since you're a moderator on another forum.

FOLLOW THE RULES! You agreed to follow them when you created your account, and now you're making stuff up, and telling outright lies.

On the date you're talking about, you were stirring the pot in the gameday thread. You were given an infraction, and told if you continued it, you'd be banned. The reason? We don't have time for that kind of crap on a gameday.

What did you do? Did you listen? Did you stop. Nope! You kept right on spamming the forum with your anti-Norv crap, disrupting the gameday thread with your "look at me" nonsense until you were banned.

Here's another great idea you might try. When a moderator gives you a warning to stop doing something ... STOP DOING IT. Makes sense, right? Since those no life having, power tripping, hammer swingers have the ability to make you stop, right?

Do yourself a favor. Go read the forum rules. And then follow them when you're posting here. If you think you're going to come in here, and post up this bellyaching nonsense, and lie your way into sympathy from anyone, you have another think coming.

Hundreds of people post here every day without getting an infraction. There are people who have been posting here since 2004, and still don't have an infraction. Are they just luckier than you?
Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 PM
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshie4 View Post
Seriously you guys need to make that a sticky in GD or at least put it in the Rules thread or something. If every new member and every current member used the "New Posts" feature they wouldn't complain about their thread being moved into another subforum.
To be totally honest, I didn't know about it when I joined. That was until someone pointed it out to another forum member.

Makes navigating this place so much easier.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
But that's fine because I understand why they do it. I do the same exact thing. There are posters who piss me off on my forum so I will deliberately stalk their posts and ban them for something stupid even if its not breaking the rules or anything.
You'd last about 15 seconds as a mod here, with your mentality.

Again, what forum do you moderate? I'd love to come watch you in action, and critique your performance.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:13 PM
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutbolAmericano View Post
To be totally honest, I didn't know about it when I joined. That was until someone pointed it out to another forum member.

Makes navigating this place so much easier.
Neither did i. I used to slowly go down the list and click into every subforum. Makes it so much easier and now i don't miss anything (I get to see ALL the facepalm inducing posts)

But really, Mods seriously consider putting information about the New Posts button somewhere easily seen. Could make your jobs way easier.

Sig By BoltCola