Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Chico's Bail Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Rex is denying the reports, and says Tebow would have done anything asked of him.
I'm sure Tebow would have drawn the line at allowing him to videotape his feet.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
I wish somebody would pay me a couple million to hold a clip board. If that's being wronged, then I'd hate to hear about what you think of people who are actually being wronged.
I frankly don't even know how to respond to this, it ignores so much that is obvious.

Would I like to be paid a lot of money to hold a clipboard? You bet !!!! Sign me up!

If two or more teams wanted to sign me up for a lot of money, though, so I could actually practice my craft as a QB -- and the one I eventually signed with did not give me the opportunity, but instead had signed me for their own, different needs (sell jerseys, generate buzz, etc), and did not allow me the opportunity even when the guy ahead of me went down, I would view it differently.

I know that you understand this. Or would understand it if your resentment were removed from your goggles. It's really not that hard of a concept. You can argue this all day, but it's really just silly.

And -- as to what I think when people are truly wronged -- lots of folks have seemed to heard me quite well on that subject.

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 12-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game3524 View Post
How did the Jets do him wrong?
Tebow was drafted as a QB. How many QBs in NFL history became running backs to an inept coaching staff? They are responsible for that guy getting his ribs injured. Then had the audacity to start some 3rd string guy over him, that's blatant disrespect. I don't think Tebow signed to the Jets to be a running back and seriously doubt he would if he would have know this.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medafor View Post
Tebow was drafted as a QB. How many QBs in NFL history became running backs to an inept coaching staff? They are responsible for that guy getting his ribs injured. Then had the audacity to start some 3rd string guy over him, that's blatant disrespect. I don't think Tebow signed to the Jets to be a running back and seriously doubt he would if he would have know this.
He didn't sign. He was traded. Traded to a team that just gave their qb an extension. He was dubbed the wildcat guy. He reportedly was terrible in practice and got demoted from backup to 3rd string. It happens.

-Mario Lopez
Old 12-26-2012, 09:42 AM
1976 Grey Cup Winners

The Jets knew what they were getting in Tebow long before they signed him. I think the Jets told him he would be given the chance to start some games but had little intention of going through with it. He was signed for marketing purposes and that's about it IMO.

I don't blame Tebow for being upset but he should have handled it differently.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Tebow didn't sign with them, he was traded there.

And it isn't disrespectful to start the guy who is BETTER, McElroy outperformed him in practice, which is why he was picked ahead of him.

The Jets should be blamed for not doing their homework on Tebow, but they didn't disrespect him. He didn't do anything to earn the starting job and that is the truth of the matter.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Spin, spin, spin ....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...wildcat-122612

"Don't call me a quitter, or a phony." - Tebow
Old 12-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
So he didn't get what he wanted in NY. Boo hoo. He needs to grow up if he thinks he's entitled to get what he wants in the NFL. He's been so spoiled by so many people acting as if he's the second coming that he doesn't get it when he's treated like just another player.

RIP Junior
Old 12-28-2012, 12:07 AM

I can't believe he got passed over again and they went back to Sanchez.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Known as "HelpMeOut"!

We know Rex Ryan hates Tebow, it seems like every team Tebow goes too he is hated by the coaching staff.

Are we fans of Tebow saying he is a great QB? NO how can he be? He never gets a chance to be a full starter while lesser talent gets a chance. Tebow has more talent than Greg McElroy's and Mark Sanchez.

I will never get why Tebow is not a starter for an NFL team, at least for one year. He has proven to be a clutch QB that can get wins, and yet Rex Ryan sits him on the bench and gives out BS excuses on why he won't start Tebow. "We only have one week to prepare, Tebow can't be ready in that time"! Wow and to think some people want Rex Ryan as our coach.

If Tebow never gets an NFL start, than I hope he goes to a team than can use his talents better than the Jets has. Even if he just plays back up! I would love for the Chargers to pick up Tebow to sit behind Rivers and run a wildcat for us. It would be awesome! He may never be a starter in the NFL but at least use Tebow for his talents!! The Jets don't know what a good thing they have with Tebow.
“There is a sense of urgency. I think you can only say 'We're close' and 'We're building' for so long. At some point we're built, let's go. It's time now to be one of those teams that are battling through January" Philip Rivers.

"Bird goes Tweet" Patrick the Conure.
Yes, he is my bird!