Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterback619 View Post
Look at the game tape again, most of his yards were dump passes to Ronnie Brown or these 10> pass attempts to pad the stats. Really? He's really lost it. No zip on the balls. Everything is a floater. Cannot even hold onto the ball and letting it slip. Tom Brady plays in the snow or in worse conditions and he doesn't even let the ball slip like that.
Quote:
At least Smith has way more athletic mobility and still have zips on the balls, whereas Rivers throws lame ducks and runs like both his shoes are tied together. How the hell are we gonna win games when he can't roll out the pocket? He scrambles and runs for a 1st down maybe 3 times a year. I'm convinced Rivers is in there to collect a paycheck. When he throws those INTs, how can he blame and yell at Norv Turner when he made the stupid throws or fumbles?
Quote:
I can't wait until Alex Smith is brought in and turn this team around. No need to address a QB in the draft if we can sign Smith to compete with Rivers. Rivers should be dropped just as easy as anyone else in this league. Hell, I'l even take Michael Vick over Rivers right now. At least Vick plays with more heart and plays all out, whereas Rivers will quit on the plays. And Maybe if Rivers quits complaining after every play, his OL may try to block better for him.
Quote:
per PFT, Lomas Brown (former Lions OL) admitted that he purposely let a defender go in and smash Scott Mitchell because he was sucking. I wouldn't be surprised if our OL are doing the same thing - because Rivers is sucking too. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Gaither came out and said he didn't want to play because of Rivers.
Quote:

Don't get me wrong, guys. I like Rivers and support him, but he's done! I just don't think he should automatically have the starting job without some legitimate competition next season...bring in Alex Smith!
Hahahahahaha.

Does this thread warrant getting locked yet?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Kemp, stay out of my thread if you don't like. I guess you're satisfied we didn't make the playoffs and like watching the Lame Duck shows!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Kemp, stay out of my thread if you don't like. I guess you're satisfied we didn't make the playoffs and like watching the Lame Duck shows!
Hahahaha! Wonderful. My favorite part of CMB arguments is when another poster tells me to just go away.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Watch we get an Oline of Steel and Rivers still lead the league in turnover next year haha. Such an abused excuse for a QB that is done. Big Ben is toast too, Eli is losing it. That draft year of QBs are all done.

Wilson, Dalton, Griffin, Luck. Move over old guys, the game is changing.

Last edited by medafor; 12-26-2012 at 09:39 AM..
Old 12-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Looky looky..what? Former stars that ALL have WON A SUPER BOWL? If anything, that is the ONE and ONLY goal ANY professional football player ever dreamed about achieving. You can bet Eli, Big Ben and Brees are satisfied winning at least one Super Bowl. Look at LT when he left us, he went to the best team at that time that had the best chance to win it all. He chased for a Championship and refused to retire because he wanted another chance.

Rivers had an OL before when LT was here. He had his chances guys. Wake up! He had an all-pro, top 10 all-time, future HOF in LT but he couldn't do anything. We once had what? V-JAX, LT, Gates (prime), Sproles, Turner, McNeill (healthy), Dielman, Lo-Neal and still couldn't make it to the big show. Again, Rivers looked awesome when he threw those jump balls to V-JAX and even then, he short armed many of those passes.

Don't get me wrong, guys. I like Rivers and support him, but he's done! I just don't think he should automatically have the starting job without some legitimate competition next season...bring in Alex Smith!
Your last sentence is kind of an oxymoron...

1. Jason Verrett CB
2. Marcus Smith OLB
3. Martavis Bryant WR
4. Gabe Jackson G
Old 12-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medafor View Post
Watch we get an Oline of Steel and Rivers still lead the league in turnover next year haha. Such an abused excuse for a QB that is done. Big Ben is toast too, Eli is losing it. That draft year of QBs are all done.

Hmm..i wonder what the Steelers, Giants and Chargers all have in common besides 30 something year old QBs... oh yeah, their o lines suck. Not as bad as ours, but bad nonetheless.

The only difference is that Ben and Eli have better weapons.

1. Jason Verrett CB
2. Marcus Smith OLB
3. Martavis Bryant WR
4. Gabe Jackson G
Old 12-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by medafor View Post

Wait, I thought that happened already when Vince Young came out? Or was it before that when Mike Vick entered the league? Hard to keep track of how many times the old guys have had to move over because "the game is changing."
Old 12-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Wait, I thought that happened already when Vince Young came out? Or was it before that when Mike Vick entered the league? Hard to keep track of how many times the old guys have had to move over because "the game is changing."
Yeah, the sweet irony of his post is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning are likely walking out in February with the Lombardi trophy.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Kemp, did you get front row seats to the Duck show for XMAS?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Rookie

Your argument, that Smith is more athletic then Rivers, is derailed when you watch Smith throw on the run. He's about as bad as it gets in that area. Couple that with his tendency to panic in the pocket, and you have a miserable fit with the Charger's o-line. No, this is not a good idea. We can't afford to have a QB that needs hand-holding to move an offense.