Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > High School Football
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Default 2012 CIF State Championships

S. Cal usually dominates D1-D4 and the Open has belonged to N. Cal. But this year things may be a little different.

D4: Central Catholic vs Sante Fe Christain.
First time in a long time but it looks like N. Cal team should come out on top in this one. The game in this D sometimes turns into a blowout. Don't think that happens this year but definite edge to Central Catholic

D3: Marin Catholic vs Madison. Difficult call for me since I'm originally from SD. Looks like a nail biter but I'm going with Marin Catholic on this one. They've been there before recently and they have some ballers. It can go either way but Marin gets my vote.

D2: Oakdale vs Serra. This D normally belongs to S. Cal. I don't see it changing this year. Oakdale has a fine team but Serra looks better to me.

D1: Granite Bay vs Poly. Upper D games have been close ones. This one is dificult to figure out. If the Poly D is what we think it is Granite Bay is going to have a difficult time and it may not be close. Granite Bay is solid and could make this game competitive if the offense produces. I think Poly has too much advantage for Granite Bay to make up.

Open: This D as mentioned has been dominated by the North. With all due respect to Centennial a fine team I don't see it changing this year. De La Salle's offense was out of sorts earlier this year and if Centennial is to stand a chance they'll have to hold this unit down. If not expect a rolling clock by the 4th Q. De La Salle's D is very solid. Hard not to go with De La Salle this time.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Veteran

Great post. I'll be rooting for Madison & SFC to keep San Diego's bowl streak alive. That two-headed monster rushing attack Central Catholic has scares me.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Hall of Famer

I hope SFC isn't over their heads but as mentioned for some reason this division game usually gets out of hand and for S. Cal. I don't see it this year unless it goes to N. Cal.

Madison/Marin Catholic looks to be the matchup to watch this year. Some other other games could get interesting but these two are the best matchup in my opinion.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:11 AM

A lot of good games right there.