Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 12:47 AM
Bad News Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Bolt View Post
Ok, this is now painting more of a picture around the definition of this term. Thanks.

Now who is in your avatar?
That would be Sir Kenneth Whisenhunt.

aka not Chip Kelly like it should be. C'mon Kemp, get it together man.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
One of the things that really impressed me about Lewan in the couple of games I've seen so far is his "mean streak". He blocks every play like it's 4th and goal and the next score wins. I haven't been as impressed with Fisher in that area.
I'll be very interested in his bowl game match up with Clowney who is probably the best DE in college. Should have a good handle on him then. In a way, I wouldn't mind seeing Carolina get off to a quick start to force Michigan into a passing game to watch that part of Lewan's game against someone like Clowney.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:39 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Bolt View Post
Ok, this is now painting more of a picture around the definition of this term. Thanks.

Now who is in your avatar?
That is Ken Whisenhunt, the soon to be head coach of the San Diego Chargers .
Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Old Guys Rule...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...rs-perspective

Top 10 Bowl Matchups... from a talent evaluator's perspective

1. South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney vs. Michigan LT Taylor Lewan:

It would require a true clash of the titans to steal the thunder from the one on one battle I believe could determine the 2012 BCS champion but that is precisely what is on tap between Clowney and Lewan in the Outback Bowl. Though only a true sophomore (and therefore ineligible for the 2013 NFL draft), the 6-6, 256 pound Clowney is simply the best player in college football. He led the SEC with 13 sacks this season and is just as dominant against the run, demonstrating a combination of size, athleticism and unbridled explosiveness that has forced most opponents to routinely double or even triple-team him. With that said, Clowney has not faced an offensive tackle with Lewan's size and ability. The 6-7, 310 pound redshirt junior is NFLDraftScout.com's No. 11 rated overall prospect for the 2013 draft and is not only very athletic for a man of his size, he's also both physically and mentally tough

oh yeah, a must see!!! and, of course...

4. Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore vs. Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson:

Let the talking heads focus on the high profile quarterbacks in the Cotton Bowl, talent evaluators know that the true showdown in this contest will be between the Aggies' Do-Everything Moore and Johnson, the arguably fastest-rising offensive tackle prospect in the country.

Despite switching from a stand-up outside linebacker role to a more traditional down defensive end this season, Moore accomplished the rare feat of leading his team in tackles (80), tackles for loss (20) and sacks (12.5) throughout the regular season.

Quite used to facing off against elite blockers (since his teammates, Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews are our top-rated prospects at the position), he'll be better prepared than most for handling the unique athleticism that Johnson provides the Sooners at left tackle. The 6-6, 303 pound former JUCO quarterback and tight end has the quick feet, balance and long arms scouts are looking for at left tackle and has played very well at this position in 2012 – his first on the blindside. The Aggies and Sooners will face off at 8:00 pm January 4 in the Cotton Bowl.

edit: no more retreads... go Zimmer...

Last edited by SanDiegoRon; 12-28-2012 at 09:30 AM..
Old 12-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoRon View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...rs-perspective

Top 10 Bowl Matchups... from a talent evaluator's perspective

1. South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney vs. Michigan LT Taylor Lewan:

It would require a true clash of the titans to steal the thunder from the one on one battle I believe could determine the 2012 BCS champion but that is precisely what is on tap between Clowney and Lewan in the Outback Bowl. Though only a true sophomore (and therefore ineligible for the 2013 NFL draft), the 6-6, 256 pound Clowney is simply the best player in college football. He led the SEC with 13 sacks this season and is just as dominant against the run, demonstrating a combination of size, athleticism and unbridled explosiveness that has forced most opponents to routinely double or even triple-team him. With that said, Clowney has not faced an offensive tackle with Lewan's size and ability. The 6-7, 310 pound redshirt junior is NFLDraftScout.com's No. 11 rated overall prospect for the 2013 draft and is not only very athletic for a man of his size, he's also both physically and mentally tough

oh yeah, a must see!!! and, of course...

4. Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore vs. Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson:

Let the talking heads focus on the high profile quarterbacks in the Cotton Bowl, talent evaluators know that the true showdown in this contest will be between the Aggies' Do-Everything Moore and Johnson, the arguably fastest-rising offensive tackle prospect in the country.

Despite switching from a stand-up outside linebacker role to a more traditional down defensive end this season, Moore accomplished the rare feat of leading his team in tackles (80), tackles for loss (20) and sacks (12.5) throughout the regular season.

Quite used to facing off against elite blockers (since his teammates, Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews are our top-rated prospects at the position), he'll be better prepared than most for handling the unique athleticism that Johnson provides the Sooners at left tackle. The 6-6, 303 pound former JUCO quarterback and tight end has the quick feet, balance and long arms scouts are looking for at left tackle and has played very well at this position in 2012 – his first on the blindside. The Aggies and Sooners will face off at 8:00 pm January 4 in the Cotton Bowl.

edit: no more retreads... go Zimmer...
No switch to a 4-3... Go Whisenhunt...
Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Kemp, this is a little off topic, but still OT related. What do you think of Clary perhaps moving inside to G? His bad feet wouldn't be so exposed. Your thoughts?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
We definitely need to draft a LT in the early rounds but I'm not sure if we need one in the 1st round with Gaither and with other needs at the other OL positions.
I doubt if we keep Gaither but either way it's been established that he can't be counted on. We need top LT and C prospects.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Draft This Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
Kemp, this is a little off topic, but still OT related. What do you think of Clary perhaps moving inside to G? His bad feet wouldn't be so exposed. Your thoughts?
Just get Clary off the team. I don't think he'll be good anywhere.

Clowney vs. Lewan is so good.

sean of BSX
Old 12-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
Well... I suppose if we have to keep him then it would be better than keeping him at tackle. But I wouldn't want him as a starter. I know it may involve a cap hit, but I wonder if we wouldn't be better off just moving on entirely. Or just keeping him as a reserve RT.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife9878 View Post
I am going to steal a Kevin Acee post.

(for anyone questioning the scource, scroll back on his twitter and you will find a link to what I posted.)

This makes me rethink if he will be brought back... allthough business wise he woul be a really tough cut.
I know I dont think he should be back but at the same time he is making a lot of money next year and we would have to eat that money thats why I was questioning it