Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who do you want as our new HC, if Norv is replaced?
Ken Whisenhunt 22 6.67%
Chip Kelly 52 15.76%
Pat Shurmer 0 0%
Bruce Arian 61 18.48%
Andy Reid 21 6.36%
Vic Fangio 9 2.73%
Mike Zimmer 21 6.36%
Mike Holmgren 17 5.15%
Jon Gruden 115 34.85%
Lovie Smith 12 3.64%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #991  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:11 PM
EDUBfan EDUBfan is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: wildomar
Posts: 53
Default

I don't think Reid buys into the Rivers is a God idea and no way is Rivers a west coast anything but current resident.
Get rid of Rivers and Matthews before they are worthless on the trade market. Both of their values have plummeted already...I'm not sure what team would want Rivers period...it's over for him. He will be out of the league in a couple years. Matthews is a
china doll...like Bob Sanders...wouldn't it have been great to see him for a full season
back there with Weddle? We have already dumped some of the best players in the NFL. We got rid of Brees because of an injury, (worst trade in professional sports history), so do the same with Rivers and Matthews...cut your losses, move on, and move up. Do you really believe that Rivers can make a comeback? But back to what?
He has not proven that he's a winner...but he can sure chuck the ball a long way.
Let's really have a new era of Charger football....if we don't change things soon not even LA will want us.
Reply With Quote
  #992  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
"Stay Classy SD" my butt!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 16,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
Pretty odd you are willing to brown nose so hard for Norv but are so opposed to Reid.
lmao brown nose for Norv? Nope. Defend him from some of the stupidity of the things people bang him for? Yes.

If we are getting rid of Norv, why bring in another version of Norv?!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle View Post
I'd say that's more the case with the defeatist talk in this board [speaking with your heart, not your head]. The users here sound like a bunch of kids throwing a temper tantrum. It's depressing. I think the team should go ahead and offer the Cowboys the option of playing this one in their own stadium. Why even play here? Even if the team plays perfect, this fan base will drag them down. This environment is toxic.
Reply With Quote
  #993  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Amped's Avatar
Amped Amped is online now
Nutz and Boltz
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle (The San Diego of Washington ST)
Posts: 717
Default

I will support whomever gets hired, but Reid would not be my first choice.

Ken Wisenhunt, Gruden, or Chip Kelly.
Reply With Quote
  #994  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:13 PM
808BOLTFAN 808BOLTFAN is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 3,672
Default

As a head coach only, I would love to have Reid. We need a coach who can get the best out of Rivers right now and Reid is that coach. He had a lot of success with the Eagles and a change a scenery might be even better for him. He's the best guy that's available right now.
Reply With Quote
  #995  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Game3524's Avatar
Game3524 Game3524 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 2,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUBfan View Post
I don't think Reid buys into the Rivers is a God idea and no way is Rivers a west coast anything but current resident.
Get rid of Rivers and Matthews before they are worthless on the trade market. Both of their values have plummeted already...I'm not sure what team would want Rivers period...it's over for him. He will be out of the league in a couple years. Matthews is a
china doll...like Bob Sanders...wouldn't it have been great to see him for a full season
back there with Weddle? We have already dumped some of the best players in the NFL. We got rid of Brees because of an injury, (worst trade in professional sports history), so do the same with Rivers and Matthews...cut your losses, move on, and move up. Do you really believe that Rivers can make a comeback? But back to what?
He has not proven that he's a winner...but he can sure chuck the ball a long way.
Let's really have a new era of Charger football....if we don't change things soon not even LA will want us.
Lmao, Reid or any good coach for that matter isn't going to waste their time in SD if Rivers isn't on the roster.

The fact that some fans don't see that is mind-boggling.
Reply With Quote
  #996  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 PM
808BOLTFAN 808BOLTFAN is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 3,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
I will support whomever gets hired, but Reid would not be my first choice.

Ken Wisenhunt, Gruden, or Chip Kelly.
Why Wisenhunt?
Reply With Quote
  #997  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 PM
adictd2b00st adictd2b00st is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharginDC View Post
ahh yes, the standardized statistics. very nice. What are the fans saying in Philly? Ask them how it's "working" for them.
I am close to philly for work for about a month now, and in that time have been listening to a lot of their sports radio during my commute... I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find maybe 5% (being generous) of the callers wanting him to stay. Not exactly a ringing endorsement!
Reply With Quote
  #998  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 PM
CharginDC's Avatar
CharginDC CharginDC is online now
No longer norv'd
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charjjin DC
Posts: 4,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
If we are getting rid of Norv, why bring in another version of Norv?!
Can I get an Amen.

Head Cheese on the S/L with some fire. That's what I'd prefer.
__________________
TT & MM - Leading a new Charge
Reply With Quote
  #999  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:17 PM
808BOLTFAN 808BOLTFAN is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 3,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharginDC View Post
ahh yes, the standardized statistics. very nice. What are the fans saying in Philly? Ask them how it's "working" for them.
Philly fans are terrible. Reid took them to the playoff's a lot and they are still not grateful, If we Reid can get us to the playoff's, we'll have a shot to win it all. I would welcome him, he's a QB guru and should get Rivers back on track.
Reply With Quote
  #1000  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:17 PM
BolteRon's Avatar
BolteRon BolteRon is offline
Aka Monsterbolt
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: inverness
Posts: 1,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUBfan View Post
I don't think Reid buys into the Rivers is a God idea and no way is Rivers a west coast anything but current resident.
Get rid of Rivers and Matthews before they are worthless on the trade market. Both of their values have plummeted already...I'm not sure what team would want Rivers period...it's over for him. He will be out of the league in a couple years. Matthews is a
china doll...like Bob Sanders...wouldn't it have been great to see him for a full season
back there with Weddle? We have already dumped some of the best players in the NFL. We got rid of Brees because of an injury, (worst trade in professional sports history), so do the same with Rivers and Matthews...cut your losses, move on, and move up. Do you really believe that Rivers can make a comeback? But back to what?
He has not proven that he's a winner...but he can sure chuck the ball a long way.
Let's really have a new era of Charger football....if we don't change things soon not even LA will want us.
Mmmmm this seems familure i cant really put my fingure on it but i feel deja vou all over again so yep we should get rid of Rivers (to one of our division rivals ie KC) and let another one bit us in the arse. Seems like trend going on here lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.


© 2012 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.