Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who do you want as our new HC, if Norv is replaced?
Ken Whisenhunt 22 6.67%
Chip Kelly 52 15.76%
Pat Shurmer 0 0%
Bruce Arian 61 18.48%
Andy Reid 21 6.36%
Vic Fangio 9 2.73%
Mike Zimmer 21 6.36%
Mike Holmgren 17 5.15%
Jon Gruden 115 34.85%
Lovie Smith 12 3.64%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Rookie

I don't think Reid buys into the Rivers is a God idea and no way is Rivers a west coast anything but current resident.
Get rid of Rivers and Matthews before they are worthless on the trade market. Both of their values have plummeted already...I'm not sure what team would want Rivers period...it's over for him. He will be out of the league in a couple years. Matthews is a
china doll...like Bob Sanders...wouldn't it have been great to see him for a full season
back there with Weddle? We have already dumped some of the best players in the NFL. We got rid of Brees because of an injury, (worst trade in professional sports history), so do the same with Rivers and Matthews...cut your losses, move on, and move up. Do you really believe that Rivers can make a comeback? But back to what?
He has not proven that he's a winner...but he can sure chuck the ball a long way.
Let's really have a new era of Charger football....if we don't change things soon not even LA will want us.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:12 PM
"Stay Classy SD" my butt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
Pretty odd you are willing to brown nose so hard for Norv but are so opposed to Reid.
lmao brown nose for Norv? Nope. Defend him from some of the stupidity of the things people bang him for? Yes.

If we are getting rid of Norv, why bring in another version of Norv?!
I'd say that's more the case with the defeatist talk in this board [speaking with your heart, not your head]. The users here sound like a bunch of kids throwing a temper tantrum. It's depressing. I think the team should go ahead and offer the Cowboys the option of playing this one in their own stadium. Why even play here? Even if the team plays perfect, this fan base will drag them down. This environment is toxic.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Nutz and Boltz

I will support whomever gets hired, but Reid would not be my first choice.

Ken Wisenhunt, Gruden, or Chip Kelly.

As a head coach only, I would love to have Reid. We need a coach who can get the best out of Rivers right now and Reid is that coach. He had a lot of success with the Eagles and a change a scenery might be even better for him. He's the best guy that's available right now.
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUBfan View Post
I don't think Reid buys into the Rivers is a God idea and no way is Rivers a west coast anything but current resident.
Get rid of Rivers and Matthews before they are worthless on the trade market. Both of their values have plummeted already...I'm not sure what team would want Rivers period...it's over for him. He will be out of the league in a couple years. Matthews is a
china doll...like Bob Sanders...wouldn't it have been great to see him for a full season
back there with Weddle? We have already dumped some of the best players in the NFL. We got rid of Brees because of an injury, (worst trade in professional sports history), so do the same with Rivers and Matthews...cut your losses, move on, and move up. Do you really believe that Rivers can make a comeback? But back to what?
He has not proven that he's a winner...but he can sure chuck the ball a long way.
Let's really have a new era of Charger football....if we don't change things soon not even LA will want us.
Lmao, Reid or any good coach for that matter isn't going to waste their time in SD if Rivers isn't on the roster.

The fact that some fans don't see that is mind-boggling.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
I will support whomever gets hired, but Reid would not be my first choice.

Ken Wisenhunt, Gruden, or Chip Kelly.
Why Wisenhunt?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharginDC View Post
ahh yes, the standardized statistics. very nice. What are the fans saying in Philly? Ask them how it's "working" for them.
I am close to philly for work for about a month now, and in that time have been listening to a lot of their sports radio during my commute... I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find maybe 5% (being generous) of the callers wanting him to stay. Not exactly a ringing endorsement!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 PM
No longer norv'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
If we are getting rid of Norv, why bring in another version of Norv?!
Can I get an Amen.

Head Cheese on the S/L with some fire. That's what I'd prefer.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharginDC View Post
ahh yes, the standardized statistics. very nice. What are the fans saying in Philly? Ask them how it's "working" for them.
Philly fans are terrible. Reid took them to the playoff's a lot and they are still not grateful, If we Reid can get us to the playoff's, we'll have a shot to win it all. I would welcome him, he's a QB guru and should get Rivers back on track.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Aka Monsterbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUBfan View Post
Mmmmm this seems familure i cant really put my fingure on it but i feel deja vou all over again so yep we should get rid of Rivers (to one of our division rivals ie KC) and let another one bit us in the arse. Seems like trend going on here lol.