Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you still believe in Rivers?
Yes 39 60.94%
Yes but we should still trade/sign/draft a QB 17 26.56%
No and we should trade/sign/draft a QB as replacment 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2012, 03:35 AM
Draft Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abild View Post
I get it. But I just can't see his replacement being found this year. I'd rather see us grab an extra o-lineman instead of a QB who'll never amount to anything.
I don't think the team has to draft a QB but if they see one they like in the middle or lower rounds they should take him. The Pats found a late round guy a few years back.

The club has zero in the cupboard.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:07 PM

I do, why not?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Known as "HelpMeOut"!

Rivers also became just the sixth quarterback in NFL history to throw for 25 touchdowns in five consecutive seasons, joining elite company such as Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Dan Marino.

Also He passed the 3,500-yard plateau for the season in the first quarter, marking his fifth straight season reaching that mark, the most in franchise history.

This is not me saying this, this is the Chargers website, front page. Anyone still questioning our QB? He has done so with an O-line that couldn't hold back a pop Warner D-line.
“There is a sense of urgency. I think you can only say 'We're close' and 'We're building' for so long. At some point we're built, let's go. It's time now to be one of those teams that are battling through January" Philip Rivers.

"Bird goes Tweet" Patrick the Conure.
Yes, he is my bird!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Known as "HelpMeOut"!

I have been looking at Dan Fouts TD to INT comparison for all his years he is 254 TD's to 242 INT's.

Really this is the Charger GOD QB I keep hearing about? What impresses me is that almost every season Fouts has the same states and sometimes worse as Rivers. Did any Fan call for his head back than? Just wondering?

I like Fouts, but it seems to me that everyone has overlooks Fouts states, and immortalizes him, while giving Rivers a bunch of crap for breaking records.
“There is a sense of urgency. I think you can only say 'We're close' and 'We're building' for so long. At some point we're built, let's go. It's time now to be one of those teams that are battling through January" Philip Rivers.

Yes, he is my bird!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Fouts career started with a crappy team and then ended with a team without an o-line. He threw the most picks of his career after he lost all his o-line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyChargerFan View Post
I have been looking at Dan Fouts TD to INT comparison for all his years he is 254 TD's to 242 INT's.

Really this is the Charger GOD QB I keep hearing about? What impresses me is that almost every season Fouts has the same states and sometimes worse as Rivers. Did any Fan call for his head back than? Just wondering?

I like Fouts, but it seems to me that everyone has overlooks Fouts states, and immortalizes him, while giving Rivers a bunch of crap for breaking records.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyChargerFan View Post

Fouts threw for ridiculous yardage and #s before ANYONE was doing it. The DBs could still play defense and run game was king. Fouts today would have more incredible numbers and any of the "best" today would be human playing 30 years ago.

Apples to blocks of iron.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Rookie

The best HC candidates will not want to deal with Rivers and will not sign with us unless the deal includes trading Rivers.
You can't teach an old dog and Rivers already knows it all. He has posted some great numbers in years past but he is not a winner. Like Kaeding, he can't get it done when it counts so who cares how many records he has.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Known as "HelpMeOut"!

I agree, I like Fouts. Don't get me wrong!! I can't remember a lot about him as I was more of the Stan Humphries era fan of the team.

I think Fouts today would be getting a lot of the blame, just like Rivers. That is my point! You can say Fouts was first, but he never had any Rings. In comparison Humphries would be our greatest QB as he is the only QB to lead us to a Super Bowl.

I think all the River haters just don't want to face facts, and the facts are that Rivers is an Elite QB right up there with Fouts. I am glad he is a Charger, and I hope that whoever comes in next will know how to better help Rivers and the Team!

Yes, he is my bird!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Known as "HelpMeOut"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUBfan View Post
The best HC candidates will not want to deal with Rivers and will not sign with us unless the deal includes trading Rivers.
You can't teach an old dog and Rivers already knows it all. He has posted some great numbers in years past but he is not a winner. Like Kaeding, he can't get it done when it counts so who cares how many records he has.
That's a bunch of BS. Most HC would want to come to a team with a franchise QB of Rivers caliber!!

Yes, he is my bird!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Hall of Famer

I believe he can be a winning QB and lead the Chargers to the playoffs

I do not believe he has the ability and skills to win a Superbowl though unless the Chargers become a dominant defensive and running team

Arguing on the CMB is the equivalent of religion versus atheists debates.