Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
He also didn't have much to throw to either. That being said, if I'm looking for a QB today, Glennon is my guy. If I'm willing to wait 2-3 years, I like Bray.
I want to love Bray as a prospect, most of his problems are fixable. The one thing that scares me, is he has a long release, like a Byron Leftwich windup.

Haven't seen enough of Glennon or Dysert for that matter.
2. Marcus Smith _-34OLB-_ Louisville
Jon Halapio _-OG-_ Florida
4. Marcus Martin _-C-_ USC
5. Josh Huff _-WR-_ Oregon
6. Deandre Coleman _-34DE-_ Cal

7. Jemea Thomas _-CB-_ GT
Old 12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTreatment View Post
I'd stay away from Bray. Glennon, Wilson, and Geno smith would be my targets.
Bray's arm talent (best in class) is going to lure GM's. The egotism of QB gurus around the league is such that they believe they can fix anything that's wrong with a player. And if he interviews well (because of his rep for being overly cocky) it will make the decision to draft him easier.

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Im just not intriqued by any of them other than Smith. Id even go with Barkley over Glennon and Wilson and i think Barkley is a step up version of Sanchez.

If im a team in need of a QB, i wouldnt be happy to have to pick from this bunch unless they can get them in the 2nd and even 3rd rounds but you know teams always jump for them too early. Ponder is the latest example.

I may even talk to the Pats to see the availability of Mallet. Brady isnt going anywhere for a while and Mallets contract will expire before they use him and he has been there learning from one of the best.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Bray's arm talent (best in class) is going to lure GM's. The egotism of QB gurus around the league is such that they believe they can fix anything that's wrong with a player. And if he interviews well (because of his rep for being overly cocky) it will make the decision to draft him easier.
Tyler Wilson's arm is equal to Tyler Bray's IMO. Tyler Wilson is more Jay Cutler, Tyler Bray is more Matt Stafford.
2. Marcus Smith _-34OLB-_ Louisville
Jon Halapio _-OG-_ Florida
4. Marcus Martin _-C-_ USC
5. Josh Huff _-WR-_ Oregon
6. Deandre Coleman _-34DE-_ Cal

7. Jemea Thomas _-CB-_ GT
Old 12-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
Tyler Wilson's arm is equal to Tyler Bray's IMO. Tyler Wilson is more Jay Cutler, Tyler Bray is more Matt Stafford.
Not close. Bray is big time arm-wise. Wilson doesn't have nearly the arm Mallet had when he played at Arkansas...Bray does. That being said, Wilson was hurt by not having anyone to throw to this year, while Bray had arguably the finest set of WRs in the country. Bray is a guy who I think should have gone back to school and gotten his last year of eligibility and experience under his belt. However, his arm will be highly attractive to someone. Ideally, he's drafted by a team like Mallet was with the Pats where he can sit and work under a good QB mentor for at least one year, preferably two while getting the kinks in his mechanics worked out and learning the pro game. If that happens, he could indeed become very special. He's a truly athletic guy for his size as well. Wilson's upside is nowhere near Bray's is...which may mean squat down the road when all is said and done. Still, you want to gamble with greatness, Bray is the guy.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Hall of Famer

I would tend to lean more towards T4 and say that it is really close, as Wilson's arm strength is underrated. But I would put it a notch below Brays. Bottom line- we're splitting hairs.

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 12-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Yeah, the only way I see us getting Warmack is if some team offers us an attractive enough package to trade up for a QB and Lewan, Fisher, and Mathews are off the board. I will say that he would be a nice consulation prize and I would entertain deals that include a 2014 1st rounder.
entertain deals that include a 2014 1st rounder? that just is not going to happen. with the new CBA teams are not going to give up a 1st rounder with the exception of cant miss QB's at the top of the first. There is no QB near the level of luck or RGIII in this Draft.

Also we pick at 11 what team that picks after us is going to trade with us that needs a QB?

Warmack is going top 24 at least, looking at de castro last year and both players are on a similar level. No team in that range is going to give up there 2013 1st rounder & 2014 to get to #11. Last year dallas moved from 14 to 8 and gave up their First and Second in 2013.

im not picking on you but some of the comments in these forums are totally inaccurate
Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Hall of Famer

No team would trade up for a QB with us, if anything there is a team who wants an a defensive player. Buccs secondary got toasted all season, someone could trade to 11 to take the next best CB on the board, might be a bit high, but if they feel the talent level drops off after Banks, they could trade. Won't be for a QB though. As already stated all the QB needy teams are ahead of us. Maybe another top defensive player drops, and we can still get the tackle we want.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNAFTA View Post
No team would trade up for a QB with us, if anything there is a team who wants an a defensive player. Buccs secondary got toasted all season, someone could trade to 11 to take the next best CB on the board, might be a bit high, but if they feel the talent level drops off after Banks, they could trade. Won't be for a QB though. As already stated all the QB needy teams are ahead of us. Maybe another top defensive player drops, and we can still get the tackle we want.
i agree with you, but we would be looking for a 2nd for someone to come from the 20 spot, a third rounder to fall back a few spots
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM
Hall of Famer

How would you guys feel if we pulled a Green Bay and drafted one of those QBs in the second round if one of them fell to us? I think that, unless Jimmy Raye gets promoted, QB will be a position addressed in the first 3 rounds because GMs just love to leave their mark that way. I could definately see it happening now. I hope this isn't the case, but which decent QBs could be there in the second?

1. Jason Verrett CB
2. Marcus Smith OLB
3. Martavis Bryant WR
4. Gabe Jackson G