Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En EspaŮol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Stickied appreciation threads for a coach/GM who have been booted out for failure. This is exactly why other NFL fans can't take this place seriously when they come here.
Can you forward us the exit polls you collected, please?
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Stickied appreciation threads for a coach/GM who have been booted out for failure. This is exactly why other NFL fans can't take this place seriously when they come here.
Not a single appreciation thread was started by the Moderators. It was started by member of the CMB who wanted to do it because they felt that way. The only thing the mods have done was maintain it as positive. One Thread each!
And you want to cry because I deleted your post in one or two threads that could have been placed in 7 or 8 others and would have been left alone?
Really?
Old 01-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colsrob View Post
I don't. The more time that passes, the more this place and the way it's operated pisses me off. It's not really worth the time anymore.

I have no idea who it was, but like I stated in the first post, it useless to even say anything about anymore.

I'll stick with vague because one thing I have learned: No justice or satisfactory reply will be given...unless it's one of the special people.

I can't speak to all your experiences. But to the issue of deleted posts that this is partly or whole stemming from. As I stated in my PM to you, we are keeping an appreciate thread positive only. 1 thread. ( ok 2. one for Aj and one for Norv). Why is this such a problem? Why is it dictatorial when its one thread when you can place what you wrote in a large number of other places?
Come on Colsrob. A little perspective please.

I wonder if its "the special people" or just those with a attitude that see's this place, in the grand scheme if things, as not really all that important?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colsrob View Post
I don't. The more time that passes, the more this place and the way it's operated pisses me off. It's not really worth the time anymore.

I have no idea who it was, but like I stated in the first post, it useless to even say anything about anymore.

I'll stick with vague because one thing I have learned: No justice or satisfactory reply will be given...unless it's one of the special people.
How can we reply if its vague??? If you have something to say, then say it. There is no retaliation as long as your post is within the forum rules. You can criticize our actions, but not criticize us. There are many posters who have criticized what the mods have done, and didn't go to cabo for it. I await your response.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Not a single appreciation thread was started by the Moderators. It was started by member of the CMB who wanted to do it because they felt that way. The only thing the mods have done was maintain it as positive. One Thread each!
And you want to cry because I deleted your post in one or two threads that could have been placed in 7 or 8 others and would have been left alone?
Really?
Well everyone, this is the quality of moderator you get here. Someone talking about my 'crying' over deletion of posts when I didn't even mention that. The deletion of posts is another issue here certainly however. You think you can only allow positive thread titles and have nobody notice it? ROFL. Ok some here might be idiots and not notice it, but not everyone here is stupid.

Also the complete ignoring of the 'sticked' aspect of this, not obviously done by any regular poster here.

Ultimately if the moderators want to celebrate failure here then they just make this forum even less worth visiting except for those who want to live in some kind of illusory reality.

Last edited by starry; 01-01-2013 at 03:18 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuMoon View Post
but you should remain a Chargers fan even if the team gets moved to LA.
It's up to individuals to decide when they want to be a fan or not. There are plenty of reasons on this forum not to be a fan considering what kind of things happen here when people rightly complain about the running of this organisation and yet they are pushed to the side in favour of celebrating failure.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Ultimately if the moderators want to celebrate failure here then they just make this forum even less worth visiting except for those who want to live in some kind of illusory reality.
If we wanted to celebrate failure, would there even be a single "Fire Norv" thread on this forum?

Guess what starry? There are people here who have different opinions than you do. The entire front page of the forum has been dominated by "Fire everybody!!" threads for weeks. Does it really bother you that much that a couple of "thank you" threads are now sharing space with them?

We're allowing people to show some appreciation for men who worked their tails off for this team.

One of them won our first playoff game in over 10 years. The other drafted 15 Pro Bowl players in his tenure here. Did they win a ring? Nope. No one is saying they did. Did they have mistake free tenures here? Nope. Noone is saying they did. They're simply saying thanks for what they did do while they were here.

You see, some people want to say thanks to them for what they did accomplish, and are more than satisfied being able to go to 200 different threads and point out their failures and shortcomings. Apparently, you're not one of those people.

I think the person living in the "illusory reality" is you. The place where everyone hates AJ and Norv's guts, and only people who "celebrate failure" can find a single good thing either one did while they were here.

You're entitled to think and feel that way, just as other people are entitled to take a moment or two and say "thanks" to our former GM and HC.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Next man up

So a few requests for the offseason... I know the way of the land here is mega threads and I need to accept that whether I like it or not. With the Smith-Turner era passing in San Diego I would like to make some requests on the forum until this new era get's some guys to name it after.

I know what the mods think about rumor threads... so in each case I mean each man interviewed, not just rumored. Maybe have a massive rumors thread for stuff to go into then allow a thread to be made when we hear some reliable confirmation that an interview is happening?

1. A thread for each GM candidate. I understand that after a few pages they will become comparison threads... but it would be nice for each candidate to have their resume posted in an OP for me to look at without digging into a thread that is 9000 pages long and most of the posts are 3 sentences or less.

2. Once that is done, a thread about each HC candidate we interview. For reasoning see #1.

3. A thread for each free agent signed and draft pick picked up... at least until the season starts at which point it would be nice to have some new ones.

To the mods, I thank you for all the unpaid labor you do keeping us passion and anger possessed fans in check. It is easy for us all to get frustrated when we disagree with decisions made, but I donít want to think what this place would be like if you disappeared and allowed this place to fall into anarchy.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife9878 View Post
So a few requests for the offseason... I know the way of the land here is mega threads and I need to accept that whether I like it or not. With the Smith-Turner era passing in San Diego I would like to make some requests on the forum until this new era get's some guys to name it after.

I know what the mods think about rumor threads... so in each case I mean each man interviewed, not just rumored. Maybe have a massive rumors thread for stuff to go into then allow a thread to be made when we hear some reliable confirmation that an interview is happening?

1. A thread for each GM candidate. I understand that after a few pages they will become comparison threads... but it would be nice for each candidate to have their resume posted in an OP for me to look at without digging into a thread that is 9000 pages long and most of the posts are 3 sentences or less.

2. Once that is done, a thread about each HC candidate we interview. For reasoning see #1.

3. A thread for each free agent signed and draft pick picked up... at least until the season starts at which point it would be nice to have some new ones.

To the mods, I thank you for all the unpaid labor you do keeping us passion and anger possessed fans in check. It is easy for us all to get frustrated when we disagree with decisions made, but I donít want to think what this place would be like if you disappeared and allowed this place to fall into anarchy.
Good ideas, and I personally like em.

HOWEVER,,,we're hosed. Merge, don't merge = complaints. Majority? Not likely.

Collectively we have been trying to let things play out via popularity. Good threads live, bad ones die.

I personally think one collective GM thread, one HC thread is a good idea, same for rumors, etc...but it is tough.

We have been merging by player, for the most part, and I'd expect that to stay the same.

No doubt though, the next few weeks will be chaotic and the odds are heavy that with every name that pops up there will be three threads...each one "worthy" in the OPs eyes.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Veteran

I'm okay with a separate thread for each guy that is interviewed for HC and GM ... and also one "mega-thread" for all the rumors, tweets, etc about potential candidates.

Already, there is some conflicts on who will be interviewed for GM. The UT (Gelkhen) gave a list of four, but other "respected" media have at least two more candidates that will interview.

Right now, any HC candidate is pure speculation. Dean said he wants to have the GM process done first, then move to the HC hiring - because the new GM will be involved in that selection process.

The UT (Acee) has said only one HC name has come from a "source" inside the Chargers, and that is Arians.

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.