Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What's on my mind???
"Chop's warpaint > Paper bags, and is Alice Cooper approved" 3 5.56%
"Here is your cat crap sandwich" 4 7.41%
Will the LPTC ride again?....And will they be fueled by bacon? 3 5.56%
When should we permaban Gooey? 3 5.56%
dekk is master of the ponys 4 7.41%
Are we there yet, and is there any Bacon left??? 14 25.93%
This thread's still here??? 23 42.59%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:51 PM
boom.

Ahhh pregnant High School classmate just came in. So weird.

I'm like 10 years away from even WANTING a kid.

Click Me
Old 12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Potatohead's nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
Are playoffs realistic expectations for what would really be an entirely new team? Especially with Manning in the division?

Bleh. I don't like uncertainty/kind of pessimism.
Hard to say what others expectations should be. However, my current expectations don't even contain the word "playoffs". IMO, this team lacks talent in too many positions with potential to lose even more talent via vet FA's. That seems unavoidable to me at this point, but doesn't take into account how the new GM will want to start his building process.

Change can bring about great things if done properly, no reason to be pessimistic yet. Being realistic about what happens with big changes like this is important, but at this point all there is is speculation. Just remember it's only speculation and you should be good.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:54 PM
~

I hope this guy is wrong.

Quote:
Team source: Chargers' next coaching hiring could be made with L.A. move in mind
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--te...192757488.html
Old 12-31-2012, 02:45 PM
boom.

@ Ski - Good point, I guess. I also don't see playoffs as a realistic expectation. Especially at this point, not knowing anythying about staffing/rosters.

@ FA - That's pretty much all speculation, I wouldn't read into that at all. Especially from Yahoo Sports. They phish for clicks. Same speculation could be applied to Jax, or even say that the Raiders are keeping this coach another year to change before the move to LA in 2014.

Click Me
Old 12-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Potatohead's nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutbolAmericano View Post
I hope this guy is wrong.

Quote:
Team source: Chargers' next coaching hiring could be made with L.A. move in mind

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--te...192757488.html
Yeah, me too.

The possible move out of SD is a way bigger deal to me than who the GM or Coaches will be. Every year without getting the stadium issue figured out is another year closer to losing the team entirely. It bothers me that the NFL hasn't stepped up to try to help keep the team in town. Seems I read a story about the NFL saying they are going to financially help the Raiders get a stadium built, but no word about an SD stadium from the league.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:58 PM
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
@ Ski - Good point, I guess. I also don't see playoffs as a realistic expectation. Especially at this point, not knowing anythying about staffing/rosters.

@ FA - That's pretty much all speculation, I wouldn't read into that at all. Especially from Yahoo Sports. They phish for clicks. Same speculation could be applied to Jax, or even say that the Raiders are keeping this coach another year to change before the move to LA in 2014.
Cole seems like a decent reporter, but yeah they do like to entice you to read their articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Yeah, me too.

The possible move out of SD is a way bigger deal to me than who the GM or Coaches will be. Every year without getting the stadium issue figured out is another year closer to losing the team entirely. It bothers me that the NFL hasn't stepped up to try to help keep the team in town. Seems I read a story about the NFL saying they are going to financially help the Raiders get a stadium built, but no word about an SD stadium from the league.
Looks like we have another year in San Diego. Hopefully more.

Thought of something strange yesterday. What if the Chargers move to Los Angeles and the Raiders move here.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Yeah, me too.

Its extremely troubling. Hope its a false rumor.

1. Jason Verrett - CB
2. Jeremiah Attaocho - OLB
3. Allen Robinson - WR
4. Dakota Dozier - OG
5. Zach Kerr - NT
6. Corey Linsley - C
7. Aaron Colvin - CB
Old 12-31-2012, 03:20 PM
boom.

Quote:
Looks like we have another year in San Diego. Hopefully more.

Thought of something strange yesterday. What if the Chargers move to Los Angeles and the Raiders move here.
I don't realistically see the Chargers moving to L.A. It might make geographical sense, but with teams like Jacksonville and St. Louis (STL especially since they used to be in L.A.) out there in failing markets, I can't see how the Chargers are frontrunners.

From a marketing prospective, it would be more of a shift of fans than a creation IMO. But what do I know, I'm just an undergrad.

Click Me
Old 12-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Potatohead's nightmare

Quote:

Old 12-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibolt View Post
Hey CT-

My son figured out how to mash down the accelerator and get some air. LOL. Snapped the intake manifold (CHEAP) on the landing. Won't be able to get a new one until Monday at the earliest. He was not a happy camper.
You can fix that pretty easily.

Just go get some two part JB Weld, and use that to fix it. The break will be stronger than the rest of the manifold.

Once it dries and you have it back together, then build you some kind of bracket to support the carb.

By the way, sweet air.

Last edited by chargertom; 12-31-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Closed Thread