Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 PM

I agree that the Chargers are the best destination but I'm surprised that nobody here has mentioned Kansas City.

They have the #1 overall pick which means they can draft their franchise QB with that selection (all recent #1 QB picks have turned out good) and they have monster of a RB in Jamal Charles. Their defense also isn't so bad...its pretty much same big bad defense they had 2 years ago when they leaned on it to carry them to a division title. It just needs better coaching.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:29 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
I agree that the Chargers are the best destination but I'm surprised that nobody here has mentioned Kansas City.

They have the #1 overall pick which means they can draft their franchise QB with that selection (all recent #1 QB picks have turned out good) and they have monster of a RB in Jamal Charles. Their defense also isn't so bad...its pretty much same big bad defense they had 2 years ago when they leaned on it to carry them to a division title. It just needs better coaching.
And who is that franchise QB? Geno Smith? THere are still lots of questions, and he's not a slam dunk #1 pick.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm No Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
And who is that franchise QB? Geno Smith? THere are still lots of questions, and he's not a slam dunk #1 pick.
Agreed, and the front office is a mess starting at the top.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
And why is that?

He's got better chances of being the #1 pick than Cam Newton did.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:17 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
And why is that?

He's got better chances of being the #1 pick than Cam Newton did.
Hey may be the #1 pick, I'm saying he's not #1 pick talent, a la Luck and RGIII.

I mean as far as OVERALL ranking. He might be the #1 QB but he's probably more like a early to middle round pick talent (like 8-16), at least from what I've seen. I make no claims of being a draft guru however.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Hey may be the #1 pick, I'm saying he's not #1 pick talent, a la Luck and RGIII.

I mean as far as OVERALL ranking. He might be the #1 QB but he's probably more like a early to middle round pick talent (like 8-16), at least from what I've seen. I make no claims of being a draft guru however.
I like the Arkansas and NCState kids better (schools?)
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Rookie

This is such a critical time, who will be hired, and will they make this team a winner, or loser. I have been waiting forever for a super bowl victory, and am praying for the right GM and coach to take us there. Fingers are crossed!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Rookie

I dont think the the chargers/san diego will be the most desired job for GM and HC candidates. We have some serious issues with our roster - our Oline is a shambles, we need a LG and two tackles and our RG is out of contract. We dont have a running game and a QB that has thrown the most interceptions in two years. Our TE is on the down slope and question marks over our WR core (meecham and royal)

Our D-Line is superb, but questions with phillips ,barnes contacts up and english is a bust. our two starting corners are out of contact and questions remain at strong safety and ILB.

Our cap situation is not fantastic and we have money tied up in players we would like to cut but will have to carry into 2013, Meecham, Royal, gaither and Clary.

We also have expectant fans that will be looking for playoff football next year, this coupled with an old stadium and rumblings that John Spanos will be looking to take over as GM at some point. The Chargers have serious issues.

the most desired job will be in my opinion the browns. A new GM and HC will be given time to build a roster that has a pro bowl LT, a stud a RB and excellent players at the skill positions. they also have the 6th pick in the draft and should be at least 24million under the cap for 2013
Old 12-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Hall of Famer

lol at the browns

Concentrating on our O-line in the draft can fix our line, QB, and running game problems.

After that it'll be trying to replace the departures on defense.

Far better than the Browns situation
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo View Post
lol at the browns

Concentrating on our O-line in the draft can fix our line, QB, and running game problems.

After that it'll be trying to replace the departures on defense.

Far better than the Browns situation
haha i know your laughing at the browns but they have a better roster than us at the moment, better CAP situation and less expectancy for 2013.