Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Weddle46 Weddle46 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 1,250
Default

I agree that the Chargers are the best destination but I'm surprised that nobody here has mentioned Kansas City.

They have the #1 overall pick which means they can draft their franchise QB with that selection (all recent #1 QB picks have turned out good) and they have monster of a RB in Jamal Charles. Their defense also isn't so bad...its pretty much same big bad defense they had 2 years ago when they leaned on it to carry them to a division title. It just needs better coaching.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Al "T.D." Bundy's Avatar
Al "T.D." Bundy Al "T.D." Bundy is offline
4th and Hooters
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 20,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
I agree that the Chargers are the best destination but I'm surprised that nobody here has mentioned Kansas City.

They have the #1 overall pick which means they can draft their franchise QB with that selection (all recent #1 QB picks have turned out good) and they have monster of a RB in Jamal Charles. Their defense also isn't so bad...its pretty much same big bad defense they had 2 years ago when they leaned on it to carry them to a division title. It just needs better coaching.
And who is that franchise QB? Geno Smith? THere are still lots of questions, and he's not a slam dunk #1 pick.
__________________


You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 PM
El Tee's Avatar
El Tee El Tee is online now
I'm No Noob
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Farmington
Posts: 4,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
And who is that franchise QB? Geno Smith? THere are still lots of questions, and he's not a slam dunk #1 pick.
Agreed, and the front office is a mess starting at the top.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Weddle46 Weddle46 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 1,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
And who is that franchise QB? Geno Smith? THere are still lots of questions, and he's not a slam dunk #1 pick.
And why is that?

He's got better chances of being the #1 pick than Cam Newton did.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Al "T.D." Bundy's Avatar
Al "T.D." Bundy Al "T.D." Bundy is offline
4th and Hooters
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 20,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
And why is that?

He's got better chances of being the #1 pick than Cam Newton did.
Hey may be the #1 pick, I'm saying he's not #1 pick talent, a la Luck and RGIII.

I mean as far as OVERALL ranking. He might be the #1 QB but he's probably more like a early to middle round pick talent (like 8-16), at least from what I've seen. I make no claims of being a draft guru however.
__________________


You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:19 PM
pacstud22's Avatar
pacstud22 pacstud22 is online now
Moderator of the Trenches
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 15,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
Hey may be the #1 pick, I'm saying he's not #1 pick talent, a la Luck and RGIII.

I mean as far as OVERALL ranking. He might be the #1 QB but he's probably more like a early to middle round pick talent (like 8-16), at least from what I've seen. I make no claims of being a draft guru however.
I like the Arkansas and NCState kids better (schools?)
__________________
I love these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM
kingmikol's Avatar
kingmikol kingmikol is online now
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sutherlin, OR. (30 years in San Diego)
Posts: 122
Default

This is such a critical time, who will be hired, and will they make this team a winner, or loser. I have been waiting forever for a super bowl victory, and am praying for the right GM and coach to take us there. Fingers are crossed!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 PM
jonnyfresh jonnyfresh is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: leixlip
Posts: 131
Default

I dont think the the chargers/san diego will be the most desired job for GM and HC candidates. We have some serious issues with our roster - our Oline is a shambles, we need a LG and two tackles and our RG is out of contract. We dont have a running game and a QB that has thrown the most interceptions in two years. Our TE is on the down slope and question marks over our WR core (meecham and royal)

Our D-Line is superb, but questions with phillips ,barnes contacts up and english is a bust. our two starting corners are out of contact and questions remain at strong safety and ILB.

Our cap situation is not fantastic and we have money tied up in players we would like to cut but will have to carry into 2013, Meecham, Royal, gaither and Clary.

We also have expectant fans that will be looking for playoff football next year, this coupled with an old stadium and rumblings that John Spanos will be looking to take over as GM at some point. The Chargers have serious issues.

the most desired job will be in my opinion the browns. A new GM and HC will be given time to build a roster that has a pro bowl LT, a stud a RB and excellent players at the skill positions. they also have the 6th pick in the draft and should be at least 24million under the cap for 2013
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:53 PM
HurricaneHugo's Avatar
HurricaneHugo HurricaneHugo is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,398
Default

lol at the browns

Concentrating on our O-line in the draft can fix our line, QB, and running game problems.

After that it'll be trying to replace the departures on defense.

Far better than the Browns situation
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 PM
jonnyfresh jonnyfresh is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: leixlip
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo View Post
lol at the browns

Concentrating on our O-line in the draft can fix our line, QB, and running game problems.

After that it'll be trying to replace the departures on defense.

Far better than the Browns situation
haha i know your laughing at the browns but they have a better roster than us at the moment, better CAP situation and less expectancy for 2013.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 AM.


© 2012 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.