Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmet2332 View Post
You say that, and I can agree with you to an extent, especially with the younger fans. But I'm seeing a level of arrogance with Clippers fans that's pretty annoying, too. It's not an enjoying-the-success type attitude coming out of lob city, it's a rub-it-in-everyone's-face-and-gloat-about-it type attitude. Could it be that what you hate most about Laker fans isn't that much different than how many Clippers fans have been acting for nearly two years now?
I suppose there are fans acting that way. But in their defense, this franchise has been consistently voted the worst franchise in all of sports. It's SOOO nice to at least be relevant, and a legitimate contender. I'm just enjoying the heck out of it. And even more so because the style is so exciting to watch.

I love Magic -- loved Showtime. Thought, and still think, that we'll never see something like that again. But he, himself, actually said that he never thought he'd see Showtime again, but he sees it watching the Clippers. I thought it was an awesome compliment that he pronounced the Clippers the "New Showtime". Like I said, I'm really enjoying it. Of course, the success means that from now on I'll only be able to afford to sit in the rafters.

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 12-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDevil88 View Post
Sorry if being honest I take back the diss.

However, much like Cowboys, Yankees and Red Wings fans, Lakers fans always sound abnoxious and sarcastic when praising any other teams. Let alone teams that are in the same division.

Not your fault. Blame your fan base
Man, I've been hearin' that for years, and personally..I think it's Bull, Laker fan is more than the low % of youngsters you see runnin around in LA, the Laker fan base I know is knowledgeable, loyal and respectful. We've been takin the hate and trash talk since the day we became fans, everytime something bad happens the haters are quick. It is what it is...if we sound obnoxious...it's usually in response to some classless attack on our team/player/organization...it comes after every loss, every piece of bad press....and it's usually us pointing out, that this organization will bounce back because this org. does whatever it takes to win...and we sum it up with the # 16...

the clippers will be a force for years to come, Cp3 is the truth, period.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDevil88 View Post
one clear cut difference.....

30+ years of arrogance and bullying.

2 years, really just this season in which Clippers can bully. So you can dish it out but incapable of taking it? (not you in particular, and of course there is limits. Personal attacks etc)

Where is that best starting 5 eh?(its called trash talking )
oh and please let me have it if the Lakers do in fact knock the Clippers down on the game on Jan 4th. I can take it. its just words on the internet afterall.
haha that's funny, because I look at it like 30 years of unfounded hate and sourgrapes...I'm used to it and wouldn't trade it for the world...all the times this team and organization has come through and shut everybody up...man, it's been epic. bullying...pfft. this forum is a good example actually...a)lakers lose=haters clown=lakerfan responds=hater calls us arrogant bully's. b)Lakerfan gives compliment=hater disses............it's ridiculous actually, but like i said, it will always be this way and i wouldn't trade it for the world.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Veteran

2:30 left 3rd qtr ....

Spurs beating the heck out of the crappy Nets. 76-49

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Veteran

86-52 ... .end of 3rd.

Nets only scored 5 points in the entire 3rd quarter.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Veteran

Final .... Spurs trash the Brooklyn Nets.

104-73

Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo014 View Post
If kobe got the calls cp got, we would never lose. camonnn man...I know we've gotten some big calls in some big moments over the years...a few, but I've seen kobe get mugged more often than not and NOT get the call, no where near the love jordan, lebron, cp3 and paula peirce have gotten. Not even close...that was ridiculous the other night in utah...Tom's too classy to use it as an excuse, and they made their mistakes, but it was bad.
2002, lakers vs kings?

2010, lakers vs celtics?

Sure, Kobe and the lakers never get any calls

Edit: And regarding that Utah vs LAC game. Both teams got around 40 FTs, and the final points for the Jazz were at the line. I think the touch foul on CP3 was defintely BS. But on the last play where Foye leaned in for contact, 95% of the time refs won't call that. They typically don't call any fouls on last second attempts. Plus, Foye was the one who initiated the contact, he should of tried getting a better look rather than hope for FTs because he was on fire that night.

Last edited by DrayFlorence29; 12-31-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrayFlorence29 View Post
2002, lakers vs kings?

2010, lakers vs celtics?

Sure, Kobe and the lakers never get any calls

Edit: And regarding that Utah vs LAC game. Both teams got around 40 FTs, and the final points for the Jazz were at the line. I think the touch foul on CP3 was defintely BS. But on the last play where Foye leaned in for contact, 95% of the time refs won't call that. They typically don't call any fouls on last second attempts. Plus, Foye was the one who initiated the contact, he should of tried getting a better look rather than hope for FTs because he was on fire that night.
I said..."we got some big calls in big moments"...and neither of those calls were 24, if i'm remembering correctly, and don't even bring up 2010, we won inspite of some horribly lopsisded calls. With that being said...nothing compared to LBJ and CP3.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo014 View Post
I said..."we got some big calls in big moments"...and neither of those calls were 24, if i'm remembering correctly, and don't even bring up 2010, we won inspite of some horribly lopsisded calls. With that being said...nothing compared to LBJ and CP3.
The major 2002 call involved Kobe. 2010 was a lobsided game 7 free throw wise.

1. Jason Verrett - CB
2. Jeremiah Attaocho - OLB
3. Allen Robinson - WR
4. Dakota Dozier - OG
5. Zach Kerr - NT
6. Corey Linsley - C
7. Aaron Colvin - CB
Old 01-01-2013, 06:03 PM

I mean seriously.

1. Jason Verrett - CB
2. Jeremiah Attaocho - OLB
3. Allen Robinson - WR