Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife9878 View Post
So a few requests for the offseason... I know the way of the land here is mega threads and I need to accept that whether I like it or not. With the Smith-Turner era passing in San Diego I would like to make some requests on the forum until this new era get's some guys to name it after.

I know what the mods think about rumor threads... so in each case I mean each man interviewed, not just rumored. Maybe have a massive rumors thread for stuff to go into then allow a thread to be made when we hear some reliable confirmation that an interview is happening?

1. A thread for each GM candidate. I understand that after a few pages they will become comparison threads... but it would be nice for each candidate to have their resume posted in an OP for me to look at without digging into a thread that is 9000 pages long and most of the posts are 3 sentences or less.

2. Once that is done, a thread about each HC candidate we interview. For reasoning see #1.

3. A thread for each free agent signed and draft pick picked up... at least until the season starts at which point it would be nice to have some new ones.

To the mods, I thank you for all the unpaid labor you do keeping us passion and anger possessed fans in check. It is easy for us all to get frustrated when we disagree with decisions made, but I don’t want to think what this place would be like if you disappeared and allowed this place to fall into anarchy.
I agree with all 3.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:46 PM
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Well everyone, this is the quality of moderator you get here. Someone talking about my 'crying' over deletion of posts when I didn't even mention that. The deletion of posts is another issue here certainly however. You think you can only allow positive thread titles and have nobody notice it? ROFL. Ok some here might be idiots and not notice it, but not everyone here is stupid.

Also the complete ignoring of the 'sticked' aspect of this, not obviously done by any regular poster here.

Ultimately if the moderators want to celebrate failure here then they just make this forum even less worth visiting except for those who want to live in some kind of illusory reality.
If you want to blame someone for 'stickying' those appreciation threads then blame me.

When someone leaves an organization after serving honorably for a number of years it is customary to show some respect and appreciation. Other fans/forum members have done that by starting the appreciation threads and I made them stick for a week or so.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Well everyone, this is the quality of moderator you get here. Someone talking about my 'crying' over deletion of posts when I didn't even mention that. The deletion of posts is another issue here certainly however. You think you can only allow positive thread titles and have nobody notice it? ROFL. Ok some here might be idiots and not notice it, but not everyone here is stupid.

Also the complete ignoring of the 'sticked' aspect of this, not obviously done by any regular poster here.

Ultimately if the moderators want to celebrate failure here then they just make this forum even less worth visiting except for those who want to live in some kind of illusory reality.
You had a post deleted in the AJ thread. you went back in later and made another post about the thread being stickied. Both negative comments. I simple took your comments as a way of complaining about your thread being deleted and the fact it was only positive. Thus my comment. I am sorry, it rubbed you the wrong way. My intend was to address what I thought your issue was. Not berate you. I simply asked "Really?" questioning why that was such a big deal. I can't help you if you are going to take replies as a personal afront.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Next man up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
Good ideas, and I personally like em.
Quote:
HOWEVER,,,we're hosed. Merge, don't merge = complaints. Majority? Not likely.
Collectively we have been trying to let things play out via popularity. Good threads live, bad ones die.

To a point yes... but at the same time I would say a good thread gets less and less informative the longer it gets in many case. Granted if JoeMcRugby, Packstud, and Kemp are discussing something back and forth it is going to be more informative then me and a bunch of other know nothings... but still.
Quote:
I personally think one collective GM thread, one HC thread is a good idea, same for rumors, etc...but it is tough.

I disagree.. especially on the HC front. With the GMs... I think there are so few fans with any remote clue beyond looking at their old teams recent drafts on how to look at the good and bad. It would be nice for each guy to have a thread where the fans can dig up old articles about him, or find his perception within his old fanbase reguardless.

With the HC it would be nice to see people looking back at the pieces they had to work with in their previous gigs on an individual basis, while comparing stats and the like.

It would be nice, if we will have a mega thread, if it is one of those threads that gets maintained by a poster who reserves the top two posts for latest news.... but every time I try to do that I end up getting busy in real life or lack of interest in the thread kills my own interest. I am not very good at that clearly. And this is one of those things I don't feel I have enough expertise in to spearhead to begin with.
Quote:
We have been merging by player, for the most part, and I'd expect that to stay the same.

I have seen that... that particular one was a way of saying let's not change things.
Quote:
No doubt though, the next few weeks will be chaotic and the odds are heavy that with every name that pops up there will be three threads...each one "worthy" in the OPs eyes.

And that is always a tough thing for us posters. I remember on another forum spending nearly an hour researching an comparing some things and making a thread.... just to have it go to waste when the mods told me to put it on page 1,764 of the mega thread where it would be sandwiched between one sentence bickering instead of letting one of my more quality posts get actually read and discussed. The mods did that to keep order, but to me it was really frustrating.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Do you need eyes to see?

Quote:
It's up to individuals to decide when they want to be a fan or not. There are plenty of reasons on this forum not to be a fan considering what kind of things happen here when people rightly complain about the running of this organisation and yet they are pushed to the side in favour of celebrating failure.
First, props for supporting the team from London.

From one fan to another, I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but I find your response to my post curious. You state the obvious, but the first line of your post reads like a bandwagon fan. Especially, if one is deciding when they want to be a fan or not. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way.

I would agree that fans should complain about the running of the organization (if they don't like things), but how exactly are people pushed to the side in favour of celebrating failure? Do we not have a choice?!? I seem to recall that I cancelled my season tickets when Spanos didn't make a change last year and listened to the games on the radio for free. I'm sure my gesture cost a few folks their jobs. Sadly, it was probably the popcorn guy before AJ/Norv.

Again, props for supporting the team from London.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutbolAmericano View Post
If you want to blame someone for 'stickying' those appreciation threads then blame me.

When someone leaves an organization after serving honorably for a number of years it is customary to show some respect and appreciation. Other fans/forum members have done that by starting the appreciation threads and I made them stick for a week or so.
You can sticky anything you want I could care less. But "honorably" is really an emotional reach on your part to try to make a point.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 AM
Unofficial CMB Vigilante

I would like to request that Shammy change back to his regular avi ASAP, to be more recognizable.

Its much harder to know when I have to behave myself, when the mods are incognito
Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
You had a post deleted in the AJ thread. you went back in later and made another post about the thread being stickied. Both negative comments. I simple took your comments as a way of complaining about your thread being deleted and the fact it was only positive. Thus my comment. I am sorry, it rubbed you the wrong way. My intend was to address what I thought your issue was. Not berate you. I simply asked "Really?" questioning why that was such a big deal. I can't help you if you are going to take replies as a personal afront.
I posted in the AJ Appreciation thread. About 3 lines where I thanked him with a positive, and then did not thank him with a negative. Showing both sides of the AJ debate that paints a picture of his career here in SD.

You deleted the negative sides. What you have left is YOUR post, not mine. I have multiple requests, but I will reduce them to two:

1. Please make your own posts.
2. Please delete what is left of my post, so that I am not associated with what you have left behind.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 AM
All-World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuMoon View Post
First, props for supporting the team from London.

From one fan to another, I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but I find your response to my post curious. You state the obvious, but the first line of your post reads like a bandwagon fan. Especially, if one is deciding when they want to be a fan or not. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way.

I would agree that fans should complain about the running of the organization (if they don't like things), but how exactly are people pushed to the side in favour of celebrating failure? Do we not have a choice?!? I seem to recall that I cancelled my season tickets when Spanos didn't make a change last year and listened to the games on the radio for free. I'm sure my gesture cost a few folks their jobs. Sadly, it was probably the popcorn guy before AJ/Norv.

Again, props for supporting the team from London.

Ohh believe me people can be pushed aside/censored if they have opinions about the direction of the team if their opinions are in direct opposition of "some "of the mods. I've seen it and been a part of it. Some criticisms even if it isn't flamatory or uses banned language can get you banned from posting for a period of time. I haven't participated in the forum as often as I used to because of those reasons. I feel a little safer knowing that my opinions were proven to be as true as I knew them to be. I've been here since the beginning of this forum and am very much looking forward to seeing what comes of these organizational decisions!

I want to be clear that I do not know if those things still happen to posters or not.

Go bolts!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GdoubleE View Post
Ohh believe me people can be pushed aside/censored if they have opinions about the direction of the team if their opinions are in direct opposition of "some "of the mods. I've seen it and been a part of it. Some criticisms even if it isn't flamatory or uses banned language can get you banned from posting for a period of time. I haven't participated in the forum as often as I used to because of those reasons.
Pretty strange, considering you've never even had a single infraction.

How did the mods oppress you without that happening? I checked the banned user history, and don't see your name on it anywhere.

Are you sure you're talking about this forum? Because I'd really like to know how you've had your opinions squashed and suffered those unreasonable bans, when you've never had an infraction or been banned from what I can see.