Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Draft Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCRO View Post
He didn't, however we werent the worst since we were winning alot of games at halftime and lost a lot of those games in the 2nd half since we were terrible at making adjustments, 1st to 2nd half plus minus is crazy

So he got a lot out of his talent until the other team made adjustments.At the end of the day it is pretty hard to hide those OT all day and I have never seen a QB who plays well from the ground.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Draft Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmjim View Post
Having been a sub .500 for his career. How would he know what it takes to be successful?

Norv career record is 3rd best in team history if memory serves. You may want to research your next post.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM
outback goon

Quote:
Having been a sub .500 for his career. How would he know what it takes to be successful?
This, so much this
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMANCIL View Post
So he got a lot out of his talent until the other team made adjustments.At the end of the day it is pretty hard to hide those OT all day and I have never seen a QB who plays well from the ground.
Yeah, that is something I think some fans forget. The opposing team will also adjust, sooner or later guys like Clary and Harris will be in one on one matchups with Miller and Doom.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Norv never used the talents he had to their fullest potential.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Draft Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterback619 View Post
Norv never used the talents he had to their fullest potential.

Tell me how you think he could have better used those OT and his RB ?
Old 01-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Norv runs the same basic offense he ran with the Cowboys however he did not have the OL or the RB talent he had with the cowboys. You could also say that Akiman was better in the clutch than Rivers.

The game has always started in the trenches and that has not changed. The Cowboys had a great OL during their Super bowl years. The Chargers have had some good ones but have had a lot of Issues dating back before mcnEIL AND Roman Oben.

Obens age and major foot injury opened the door to Mcneil who had a great rookie season. His back condition which is why he was on the draft board in the 2nd did in fact do him in.

Gaithers was a player who came in after being cut by the Ravens and the Chiefs.His background was very suspect with a injury riddled career in Balt. When Ozzie Newsome washes his hands of a player you had better look twice.

Gaithers playing for his N.F.L. life had a real impressive late season game run last year and had all the arm chair GM talking on this board and Smith gave the green light to a huge contract.

Either the Bolts dispite coaches with brothers on the Raven staff and a past OC in Baltimore either did not seek any in tell or were so desperate they choose to ignore the warning signs and gave Gaithers the new contract.

In other words they gambled on him. On the flip side they also failed to buy any insurance in the draft in the form of a OT. Either misjudging the reserve talent at the position or simply going "all in" on the player.

That gamble back fired and cost both the HC and the GM their jobs.

Sure Mechem was a bust and Royal staid dinged up most of the year which killed the F.A. class. Truth is the Bolts poor draft choices English,Hester,Davis,Mathews,Waters, others with Turner, Sproles, Jackson,Tolbert leaving over the past few seasons has made this club be just what it is nothing special.

I agree with most of what you said. I don't put it all on Norv I know injures and personal decisions affected the outcome of the season.

I disagree with the whole same basic system. There is some similarities Norv turner runs a Air Coryell system power run game, Big catching te wr's that can stretch the field, lots of intermediate out and in pattern's. A very air Coryell system.

The cowboys on the other hand took the best of air Coryell and the best of west coast and made a very versatile system, Hooks, ins and outs spread ect ect, They truly took both offences and mixed them into a very effective system.

It's hard to put it in a effective way, Let's see Norv runs 90% Air Coryell that's what he has done everywhere but the cowboys, The cowboys on the other hand where a power run team same just like a Air Coryell system, But they just to put a number out there 50% air Coryell 50% west coast.

When was the last time you seen the chargers run a short hook pattern? The cowgirls did it all the time.

To sum this up Norv uses very little west coast, The cowboys used a whole lot. You seem knowledgeable but I swear your holding a apple in one hand a orange in the other and trying to sell me two apples.

With Byron Jerideau being able to lift 500+ pounds could he Chokeslam two O-line men?
Old 01-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Norv career record is 3rd best in team history if memory serves. You may want to research your next post.
Norf is a sub .500 coach for his career. I guess you should have looked that before attempting to shoot someone down.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Draft Nut

Quote:
Norf is a sub .500 coach for his career. I guess you should have looked that before attempting to shoot someone down.
He is Not a suB 500 in his career in S.D.

3 STRIKES AND YOUR OUT.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by travieso86m View Post
It's funny how Norv will not throw his players or himself under the bus even until the end. I do blame AJ for a lot of mistakes but it would be nice for Norv to accept some criticism for this teams failures. How many blown leads did we have this year? 4 or 5?. Another thing that I kinda blame Norv on is that Rivers did not have any game winning drives in the last two seasons from what I can remember. I know that's as much Rivers, the o line and play calling but to me Norv did not get the most out of Rivers like some people are saying.
If Norv threw his players under the bus, then why would they back them up all the way till the end??? They easily could've given up the last games.
Closed Thread