Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 08:44 PM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Devin Hester is talking about retiring from football because Lovie Smith got fired.

Is he "crying" too?
I don't think the OP was using the term "crying" in that perjorative way. Sounds like he meant it objectively, since he said that PR got "teary eyed". I didn't see it though, so maybe I misread the original intent.

But if I'm right, I guess the answer to your question would be "I don't know -- was he?"

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 01-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMANCIL View Post
Norv Turner is not a bad coach, bad coaches don't stay in the N.F.L. and they don't wear Super bowl rings.

Do you think losing McNeil and Dielman hurt the club? How about Jackson and Sproles? Did we ever find Merrimans replacement? Tell me about how good the OL was talent wise this year.

Turner was one of the best coaches to work in S.D. check out the w-l record vs every other coach in team history.He is gone now and the team will start over but please don't think changing just the coach is going to make this a super bowl club next year.
I don't know why people keep using Chargers team history as a benchmark for how good a HC is. We are 19th overall in winning percentage in the history of the NFL, and we have had only five coaches who were over .500. Being fourth among a bunch of losers is nothing to brag about.

RIP Junior
Old 01-02-2013, 01:22 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Devin Hester is talking about retiring from football because Lovie Smith got fired.

Is he "crying" too?
The answer is yes, and that is a great league catch by you by the way. You get 1 Bolt

Lovie was rubbing the baby powder on Hester's butt too. "Wahhhhhhh, Lovie babied me and now he's gone !" C'mon man, get over it.
If he's that mad in Chicago he's just gonna have to come to SD and return kicks for us. That's all there is to it.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 AM
Fan since '69

Normally I'm not happy to hear about people getting fired, but AJ and Norv had plenty of opportunities, and still failed. So I am happy that we'll be getting a new GM and Head Coach. I just hope Spanos picks a better pair this time because I'm more than tired of being on the outside looking in. I've been a Chargers fan for 46 years now and need to see at least one Super Bowl champion in San Diego. Nothing less than that will do!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Rookie

With all the open HC positions, I haven't heard any talk about anyone else wanting Norv. Makes me wonder? There is more to the downfall of SD than Norv (like AJ) but he has to take his share of the blame. It seems most of the locker room really like and respect Norv but that doesn't make him a great HC. Other than his like of Norv, I think Rivers is a little worried about the change and what that will mean. Change can be hard. But from the discussions on the NFL network, the SD job is very attractive just because of Rivers (and the weather, except for the hail)